Temporal Warrior vs the Juicer

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Should the Juicer have the same effects as the Temporal OCCs?

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 15

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I get the idea that the Juicer becomes a peak human specimen - until the last call when their bod tears itself apart.

I think the Temp Warrior is a victim of reduced PB because of blood sacrafices done with their master during the apprenticeship.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Jefffar wrote:I get the idea that the Juicer becomes a peak human specimen - until the last call when their bod tears itself apart.

I think the Temp Warrior is a victim of reduced PB because of blood sacrafices done with their master during the apprenticeship.
Sounds like as good an explanation as any.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Re: Temporal Warrior vs the Juicer

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

C.R.A.F.T. wrote:This is not about who would win, but rather the effects of stress on the body causing the Temporal OCCs to lose PB, but not the Juicer.

The best explanation I've heard as to why the Temporal Warrior/Wizard lose PB is the same for meth addicts looking weathered and run-down; their bodies just weren't made to cope with the drugs. If that's the official reasoning, then the Juicer OCCs should face the same effects.

Never thought of it before.

Yes.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Dr. Doom III
Knight

K20A2_S wrote:I concur, when they described Julian the First they describe him as looking in his late forties when he's in his late 20's.

The question isn't do they but should they.

IDSO they should.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Jefffar wrote:I get the idea that the Juicer becomes a peak human specimen - until the last call when their bod tears itself apart.

That's as good an explanation as any for me.
The mai disadvantage of being a Juicer of course, is the dramatically reduced lifespan. I think that's enough.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

C.R.A.F.T. wrote:
Tyciol wrote:The processes used to make juicers and temporal wizards/warriors are very different, they should not be identicle.

I'm only questioning the fact that great bodily stress causes a physical reaction in one specific class of OCC.

who says it's bodily? they're magic classes. the Temporal Wizards body is hardly strained.

it's the mental stress that shows
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

C.R.A.F.T. wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:it's the mental stress that shows

That, in my opinion, is a role-playing function and doesn't belong in the description of a particular OCC.

What is stressful to one PC may not be to another.

In my opinion, Temproal OCC's shouldn't get a PB penalty to begin with.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Ya know, I think there is a case for having the Juicer wear his ware and tare on his face as he slowly burns his body out. I can even see premature facial aging and the whiting of his hair.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

To start, no juicers should not have a PB penalty...however, every year they spend juiced, they should appear to age about 3-5 years. Every level, they should have to roll to see whether or not they loose a point of PB (with a cumulative penalty).

As for a good looking 40 year old, yes you can have a beautiful looking person in their 40's. Hell, there was supposedly a burlesque dancer who was able to make every man in the room "salute" while watching her act while she was in her 60's and 70's (and this was BEFORE plastic surgery became available)! However, generally speaking, if you have a 40 year old with a 20 PB and his/her 18 year old carbon copy (ie: son/daughter looking exactly like the parent) standing beside him/her, the 18 year old is going to look better. It's a cultural thing. :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

just look at Keith Richards to see what drugs does to a person's looks. :)
-George Orwell
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Perhaps Kieth Richards is really a Temporal Mage.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Tyciol wrote:
Borast wrote:however, every year they spend juiced, they should appear to age about 3-5 years. Every level, they should have to roll to see whether or not they loose a point of PB (with a cumulative penalty).
The Juicer process does NOT age the person. This is a problematic misconception in this thread.

True...STRESS ages a person. The juicer process "burns-out" the body. The stress comes from the cumulative systemic damage and the metabolic boost.

Doing something to speed or slow the metabolic rate of a life form directly effects how a person ages.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Sir Darom wrote:At the risk of quibbling, age has nearly nothing to do with PB.

He could have looked like a very handsome 40 year old.

Yeah, they are the peak of human efficiency. Even at old age (The 5th year of the juicer conversion).
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.

Return to “Rifts®”