Chaos Earth Campaigns

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jesterzzn
Champion

Chaos Earth Campaigns

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

Anyone playing this right now? If so, how is your campaign structured?
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

Souds...wicked. :twisted:
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

In my campaign my players are starting to figure out that there are good and bad creatures from the Rifts, as well as good and bad people in NEMA and the US Military.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Absolem

Campaign feedback

Unread post by Absolem »

I actually am on my second campaign. My first turned into a "Rifts during the apocalypse", ie, players dim hopping and being MD creatures. That does not work. Oh, and FYI, Nightbane do not convert even remotely balanced to Rifts(nuff said). My second campaign has an all NEMA crew isolated in the Yuma Proving Grounds area taking in refugees(DBee and human) and fighting off demons and the like. They have been there 2 months and have pretty much entrenched themselves. I have found that by isolating the PCs, and give them incentive, both negative and positive, to not migrate, as players are want to do, it makes for a more team oriented game. These guys are supposed to be a paramilitary protection force. Unless you start in the Chicago region, which is the easy GM way out, you allow for diversity of gameplay. Now I think the Texas concept is interesting, but goes counter to storyline, and, again, is the easy GM way out of playing hardship into the game. I am constantly reitterating the hardship so the players never forget where and when they are. that's my 42 cents.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Jason Richards wrote:In my campaign my players are starting to figure out that there are good and bad creatures from the Rifts, as well as good and bad people in NEMA and the US Military

:ok:

My campaigns are also filled with the elements of "Demons in human skin"
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:In my campaign my players are starting to figure out that there are good and bad creatures from the Rifts, as well as good and bad people in NEMA and the US Military

:ok:

My campaigns are also filled with the elements of "Demons in human skin"

The drama in Chaos Earth (something that has been missed by many gamers, but not by Kevin) is in the human reaction to the apolcalypse. The monsters and magic are merely the backdrop. That is why the focus, imo, is on NEMA and not on the mages and psychics and baddies.

Maybe when a certain Rifts book is done, somebody can do some writing for Chaos Earth and really dig in to such themes.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”