In the spirit of Rifle vs. Tank

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shin Kenshiro

In the spirit of Rifle vs. Tank

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

I don't have anything hosting these, but I just got sent 3 small videos that put the tank video to shame really. Let's just say they show why you DON'T stand in the open during a gunfight. Anyone want em', just say so.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

The guy with the RPG who gets over penetrated by the M249 rounds?
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Shin Kenshiro

Jefffar wrote:The guy with the RPG who gets over penetrated by the M249 rounds?

Yep. A friend sent em' to me a few months ago, but I just now got hotmail to work with em'.
Shin Kenshiro

pulphero wrote:Thanks for sending that.

What in the hell? Why on earth was that guy doing in the middle of the street?

I don't know if that was warfighting or just Darwin's law.

1st he gets it then two guys on the video walk out to look at him. Gangmembers in LA would have more battlefield survival sense than that. "Back-blast area clear!" doesn't mean no cover and concealment!

Good call, Jeffar, on M249. Might have been '16 but considering those rounds just went right through him with out any splatter affect it had to be something light caliber and FAST as oppossed to .50 rounds.

Those had to be 7.62 rounds. Only way it could've been 5.56 is if it came from a SAW. An M-16 on 3 rd burst couldn't have hit him that accurately as fast as it did. Sounded like a heavier gun as well. And you're right about not being a .50....there'd have been nothing left of him had he been hit with that many rounds
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

My source on the SAW was one of the websites that host the clip.

Considering the ranges involved, a 5.56 from a long barrel shouldn't have much problem penetrating a human body.

The tracers imply it's definitely a machinegun of some kind.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”