Middle east book?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sir Blayse
Dungeon Crawler

Middle east book?

Unread post by Sir Blayse »

Who came up with the middle east book ideas about a year ago?

I really wanted to see some of what came from that...

Also, I could probably provide assistance if needed.
I ride for the poor, the sick, the ignorant, and the downtrodden. I fight for good and for the justice of those in need... And I will die with knowledge that I have done all I can and have no regrets!-Sir Blayse
sinestus
Adventurer

Unread post by sinestus »

is that territory high enough above sea level to have not been sunk when atlantis popped up?
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Darklord DC has a extensive netbook on it.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jacksonsdc/index.htm
Sir Blayse
Dungeon Crawler

Actually, I believe the elevation here is somewhat higher than that of the states, but I would have to check.

I would really see much more damage being done here, I mean this place is rough. Plus, the Saudi's and Kuwaits, and Turks are rich, rich, rich. I'm sure that during the golden age they would have done some impressive stuff. Especially with them holding the majority of the worlds oil.

Plus, these people have a lot of heart, they would do anything to fight off demons and monsters in there lands.
I ride for the poor, the sick, the ignorant, and the downtrodden. I fight for good and for the justice of those in need... And I will die with knowledge that I have done all I can and have no regrets!-Sir Blayse
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Sir Blayse wrote:Actually, I believe the elevation here is somewhat higher than that of the states, but I would have to check.

I would really see much more damage being done here, I mean this place is rough. Plus, the Saudi's and Kuwaits, and Turks are rich, rich, rich. I'm sure that during the golden age they would have done some impressive stuff. Especially with them holding the majority of the worlds oil.

Plus, these people have a lot of heart, they would do anything to fight off demons and monsters in there lands.
Let's see.....
Flying Carpets, D'Jinn and D'Jinni, Seals of Solomon (and in some Tales, they make ol' King Solomon wiser than Thoth!!).... The return of the Persian Gods AND the People vs. the Phoenix Empire, Scherazade, Allad'din....The possibilities are endless.

Hey, Kev, let's see you try and squeeze an Alien Inteligence into this World Book! :P
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Bood Samel
Adventurer
Comment: The only place worth going is too far.

Unread post by Bood Samel »

Palladium won't touch it. The suburbs of detroit where their located at has the highest ratio of middle easterners outside of the middle east. As such they don't want to step on anyones toes given the flak they got for spirit west and some elements of the Russia books.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

That's too bad. An area so rich in it's history, legends, culture, etc shouldn't be so overlooked. Ah well, I guess it's back to the used book store for me...
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well make a Palladium like World that is like the Middle East in between 6th to 15 th Century.

Any ideas for Kingdoms in this World?

I hope the Guy who made Rifts Middle East will make some Npc,s?
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

gaby wrote:Well make a Palladium like World that is like the Middle East in between 6th to 15 th Century.

Any ideas for Kingdoms in this World?

I hope the Guy who made Rifts Middle East will make some Npc,s?
A period of rapid expansion of the nascent Islamic Religion; unforutunately, much of the expansion in that time period came about by force. Rifts doesn't usually get involved in mainstream Religions and even if they ever make a Rifts Book centered in the Middle East, they're not likely to make such a Book cover or faithfully reproduce that particular time period......
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

Sir Blayse wrote:Actually, I believe the elevation here is somewhat higher than that of the states, but I would have to check.

The royal families and oil companies are rich over there, but they really wouldn't have designed their own stuff over there except for Israel most likely. They mostly buy all their weapons and stuff from the various "empires" and train badly with it. Not to mention during the wars that went on prior to the Great Cataclysm, their oil fields were most likely a prime target. Best thing Palladium could've done is just say "area wasted, nothing to see here.....OOH LOOKIE OVER HERE! A NEW RUNE WEAPON IN LUXEMBOURG! FETCH!
Sir Blayse
Dungeon Crawler

Wow, that is awesome.

At first I was going to mention the fact that Persia is Iran, but after seeing your work I see what happened. Baghdad and Tehran, still in ruins is a good thing. I like how you skirted the sensitive stuff and got into the nitty gritty magic versus tech. Nice tie in with Angrar, that is awesome.

Do you plan to add more to this?

Return to “Rifts®”