Opinions on Lazlo

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SycophantNagaraja
Dungeon Crawler

Opinions on Lazlo

Unread post by SycophantNagaraja »

Ok so what do you all think?

Now that the whole SoT has played itself out and Free Quebec is at peace (by 109pa per the GM Guide) what are Lazlo's reactions as a kingdom?

Would they be seeking to beef up their security and trying to ally with neighboring kingdoms?
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

hmmm from shock of coalition crimes to tolkeen ruthless of killing fleeing coalition solidier and summoning demons who are now loose on the planet, to concern of raiding parties from atlantis
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

The Fifth Business wrote:Besides, I'd imagine the next target for the CS will be the Magic Zone. I can only assume the region was too unstable for any of the region's powers to have attacked the CS in its weakest moment. After the CS has rebuilt, this is the next logical target based on the CS's historical grievances against the Federation of Magic.

I'm not so sure about that. Considering the schlacking Tolkeen gave the CS, I don't think the CS is eager to charge into the Magic Zone. Tolkeen at least tried to be good guys and resist evil; the guys in the Zone are evil. Also, the Zone is a low threat to the CS as long as they stay fragmented and disfunctional. A CS attack could unite them all against the CS.

Publically, the CS will boast how they stamped out Tolkeen for the good of all humanity. Privately, the CS will rethink it's strategy against magic as it can't afford another conflict like that.

As for Lazlo, they need to look for ways to avoid a conflict and not provoke the CS.
Last edited by Mack on Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

The Fifth Business wrote:I'm not sure who they are going to ally with that they already haven't. It was mentioned in Aftermath that Lazlo is currently committed itself against the Xitixic menace. As long as they can act as an effective buffer against the Xitixic hordes for the Coalition, they will be safe. As a further benefit, this campaign will give Lazlo an excuse to "beef up" that will not alarm the Coalition, although CS spies will definitely be watching the area closely as the campaign plays out.

Um...that won't work. The bugs have to get through Iron Heart before they can play with Lazlo, and Chi-Town before they can play with New Lazlo. However, I can see some punitive raids against NL by "unauthorised" CS forces (read: Black Ops and Plausible Deniability) for their assistance rendered to Tolkien during the war.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Squishie wrote:I have a feeling Lazlo is going to be described months before being written out of the megaverse, but maybe I'm just a pessimist.

You're just being too pessimistic.

It will probably be a decent book, only it won't be put out until they've finished...
Worldbook 45: Lower Zanzibar
Worldbook 47: Greenland
Worldbook 48: Bikini Island
Worldbook 49: Abu Dabi
Worldbook 50: Iceland
Worldbook 51: New Zealand
Worldbook 52: Hudson Bay
Worldbook 53: My Aunt's House
And so on.
It will probably be around worldbook 75 or so.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Mack
Supreme Being

Unread post by Mack »

I was holding a straight face up until "Worldbook 53: My Aunt's House." :lol:
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Ice Dragon
Hero

Re: Opinions on Lazlo

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

SycophantNagaraja wrote:Ok so what do you all think?

Now that the whole SoT has played itself out and Free Quebec is at peace (by 109pa per the GM Guide) what are Lazlo's reactions as a kingdom?

Would they be seeking to beef up their security and trying to ally with neighboring kingdoms?

Fight against the Xitixic. The CS will view this like the enemy of my enemy is my friend - sort of. They will attack only if the Xitixic are beaten or they see a tactical advantage.

Lazlo will help Tolkeen refugees. Incooperat (good alignment) veterans of war into their army - but no loose canons or Revenge Squads.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

The Fifth Business wrote:
Psi-hound wrote:Multiple mages, multiple strike teams. Simultaneously.

Poof.
They appear, blast the queen, killing it.
Then Poof.
They disappear again, teleporting home.

I wonder if Xitixic hives or queen's chambers are environmentally sealed? The outter structures don't seem to be, since they have lots of open holes, but interior chambers such as the queen's chamber might be. If so, the "Queen Check" strategy would be an example of teleporting into a sealed MDC structure that many have been searching for to put an end to the Teleport thread! Since I don't have my books with me, and won't for another week, somebody please check this out!

I'd Doubt it.... but I'm more of an Invid hive expert... not the whole bug hive...
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Sir Blayse
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Sir Blayse »

Interesting. Even if Jericho has such lofty political ambitions I don't think he could suplant the Prosek dynasty, but he might cause a lot of havoc trying. I smell a campagin brewing...

Actually, it is interesting how a biblical Jericho toppled a city. Also,
Jericho could quickly move up the ranks toward leadership, as did the infamous Julius Cesaer.
I ride for the poor, the sick, the ignorant, and the downtrodden. I fight for good and for the justice of those in need... And I will die with knowledge that I have done all I can and have no regrets!-Sir Blayse
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Psi-hound wrote:[
For those who don't know what Queen Check is:

Lazlo has been doing their homework against the hivelands. Their plan is simple: destroy all the queen bugs at the same time. How?

By using magic and psionics to peer into the hive networks, their mages can form an image of the queen's chamber. Using this image, other mages will attempt to teleport a strike team into those chambers.

Multiple mages, multiple strike teams. Simultaneously.

Poof.
They appear, blast the queen, killing it.
Then Poof.
They disappear again, teleporting home...

Hmmm.... Don't Queens have 6th Sense?
They'd know something was up and be ready for combat, possibly calling in extra guards (those that could get there in 1 minute).
But with an organized and powerful party, the odds would still be in favor of the strike force.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Mack
Supreme Being

Unread post by Mack »

The range limitation on Sixth Sense refers to how close your teammates/loved ones need to be to detect a threat to them. It does not refer to how close the threat must be.

If your buddy is standing 80ft away, and is about to be sniped from 1000ft, your Sixth Sense goes off. If he's 100ft away, it doesn't.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I think Lazlo will be like Madoa from South America 1.

I think they will kepped Evil Supernatural beings and Demons out side ther city.

They will have Laws against Necromancy,Shifter/Summoner,Witchery and Evil.

I hope Kevin Siembieda will kepped Lazlo as one of the Best Hopes for Rifts Earth.

The Way I see it ,the People of Lazlo known the C.S is Bad but the Federation of Magic is ten times Worse!
They work with Demons and the Atlantis.If the Cs fall the FofM will be UnStoppable and ther will be no Hope for North America at all.

Between the CS and the FofM it,s the CS is the lesser Evil,The People of will be forced to change thers not way to change Demons.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Squishie wrote:I have a feeling Lazlo is going to be described months before being written out of the megaverse, but maybe I'm just a pessimist.

You're just being too pessimistic.

It will probably be a decent book, only it won't be put out until they've finished...
Worldbook 45: Lower Zanzibar
Worldbook 47: Greenland
Worldbook 48: Bikini Island
Worldbook 49: Abu Dabi
Worldbook 50: Iceland
Worldbook 51: New Zealand
Worldbook 52: Hudson Bay
Worldbook 53: My Aunt's House
And so on.
It will probably be around worldbook 75 or so.

I want to see Worldbook 53 more than anything else. I hope it ships on time.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
G
Adventurer

Lazlo

Unread post by G »

-Lazlo is attacking the CS's enemies
-Its the least evil of all the magic using places around

So the CS isnt going to outright attack it anytime soon. If they did,
-Lazlo would have a lot of troops from the build-up to fight the Xiticix - and these aren't the small time guys either, there are alot of powerful beings - with powerful friends.
-Lazlo being peaceful wouln't fight, they would probably just rift themselves away from the CS...
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Psi-hound wrote:Actually, Lazlo has a battle plan already in progress against the Xiticix, and is working to assemble all the needed teams to make it a devastating success.

It's called Queen Check.

If done correctly, it will completely annihilate a good portion of the bug threat in the region.

Check out Xiticix Invasion for more info. Makes for one heck of a PC HLS game indeed.
Ach, where be this "Xiticix Invasion: you speak of, lad???
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

somehow i dont think the coalition will attack Lazlo soon or New Lazlo, since Cabot stated attacking another peaceful city would make tolkeen look like a cake walk, because everybody and thier brother would be going at the CS in full force, besides most of the CS anti-d-bees policies come straight from FQ.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

cornholio wrote:
Psi-hound wrote:Actually, Lazlo has a battle plan already in progress against the Xiticix, and is working to assemble all the needed teams to make it a devastating success.

It's called Queen Check.

If done correctly, it will completely annihilate a good portion of the bug threat in the region.

Check out Xiticix Invasion for more info. Makes for one heck of a PC HLS game indeed.
Ach, where be this "Xiticix Invasion: you speak of, lad???

Xiticix Invasion....WB 23 IIRC....
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

The way the War at Tolkeen have gone, the CS,s Plan to expand is set back a good 10 to 15 years.

I think the CS will give up the Part of the plan to Expand east (North Indiana,lower Michigan and South Ontario)

CS will on focus on keeping the land they have,Boost ther population and deal with the FofM.

Lazlo will not help the FofM in any Way!
To them the FofM is just as Bad as the CS and maybe worst!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

C.R.A.F.T. wrote:I've been away for a while; is there a worldbook giving the layout, history, and mvp's of Lazlo?

If not, why not?

Should every major Rifts city have its own book?

yeah Lazlo is one of them cities that need a book instead of china part 3 , down under 2 or africa part 2.
"Rifts® World Book: Lazlo™ – 160 pages and probably a Summer release. " :ok: :ok: :ok: about freaking time

Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

C.R.A.F.T. wrote:I've been away for a while; is there a worldbook giving the layout, history, and mvp's of Lazlo?

If not, why not?

Should every major Rifts city have its own book?

No, absolutlely not. There's too many of the darn things as it is. Maybe one worldbook detailing all the major cities in North America, but not a book for each.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

could just swamp them with emails until they get the point what do we need 2 more merc book how about getting us the book that been 10 yrs overdue sooner

Return to “Rifts®”