Possible Dimension Book: Earth without Rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

The Earth in question becomes a Phase-World/CCW Clone in short time. Unfortunately, the Splugorth find out about it sooner or later, and without the many, many magical factions of mainstream Rifts Earth, it is easy pickins for the Sploogies......unless the magical energies are so weak that they cannot easily teleport equipment/troops there. But then again, there are always the Kittani...and the Kydians.........zillions and zillions of Kydians.................. :eek:
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

I'd say it'd be a cross between Beyond the Supernatural and Palladium Fantasy
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

cornholio wrote:The Earth in question becomes a Phase-World/CCW Clone in short time. Unfortunately, the Splugorth find out about it sooner or later, and without the many, many magical factions of mainstream Rifts Earth, it is easy pickins for the Sploogies......unless the magical energies are so weak that they cannot easily teleport equipment/troops there. But then again, there are always the Kittani...and the Kydians.........zillions and zillions of Kydians.................. :eek:

Most supernatural creatures (if not all) would be S.D.C. on this theoretical earth.
Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

cornholio wrote:The Earth in question becomes a Phase-World/CCW Clone in short time. Unfortunately, the Splugorth find out about it sooner or later, and without the many, many magical factions of mainstream Rifts Earth, it is easy pickins for the Sploogies......unless the magical energies are so weak that they cannot easily teleport equipment/troops there. But then again, there are always the Kittani...and the Kydians.........zillions and zillions of Kydians.................. :eek:

Doubtful. It'd be a looooooooooong time before the Spluges ever found Earth were it not for the Rifts Eruption. Golden Age Earth without the rifts would eventually become something similar to the CCW, though humans would never have come to Phase World or the CCW until Earth perfected teleportation at least.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

DarkWarriorKarg wrote:Earth is attacked by giant 50ft humanoids in flimsy attack craft. They are summarily defeated by using a sonic attack system powered by Celine Dion's voice.

Earth is attacked by 5 Million warships... each with half a mile wide "Destroy everything" weapons.... 5+Billion 35-40' Troops and 55' Mecha, Then are defeated by the Combined Fire of a 3000Mile wide "Destroy everything" beam.. and the Affect of a Force feild overload that reflects all the Damage it absorbed back out by about 100fold.... oh... and they convinced 1 Million of the Ships to side with earth....

the Singing portion of the attack was purely to make the enemy want to kill its self.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Even better Rifts...without Earth. Mull that one over.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

DarkWarriorKarg wrote:Earth is attacked by giant 50ft humanoids in flimsy attack craft. They are summarily defeated by using a sonic attack system powered by Celine Dion's voice.

...That is almost worse than Minmei's
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

DarkWarriorKarg wrote:Silent Mobius type of world?

I likey :sillyevilclappingmonkey:
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

dukeofshadows wrote:The idea I've been toying with is a scenario where the Earth of 2374 (85 PA) would have just begun a war with the Arkhons with both sides rushing to develop new weapons and tech in the face of invaders. Six points on Earth would have Transdimensional Trade Zones: St Louis USA, Alice Springs AUS, Freiburg GER, Kyoto JPN, Cairo EGY, and Cuzco, INR (Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador, and Chile went fought an all out in early December 2098, the destruction was so great that the survivors, now mostly descendants of the Inka and Aymara, united to form the Inka Republic).

Humans have colonized the entire solar system and have started making strides into neighboring systems but ran into an Arkhon fleet about eight years ago, taking them out in the biggest battle in 200 years. Earth knew that life existed in our dimension beyond our star and that it did not like us. Arkhon leaders recieved a desperate series of transmissions, many decide that Earth is now a legitimate threat, and do not know what to do. Two years ago, a human colonization fleet arrived at Vega and discovers a large Arkhon starbase. They also got wiped out except for two ships that managed to break away and get back to Alpha Centauri. Earth is sending out the call for adventurers and mercenaries from anywhere they can, even Phase World.

Thoughts?

What no D-port in Salsburry, UK?
Metathiax

Unread post by Metathiax »

Most likely the nuclear war that caused the coming of the rifts would have escalated into a massive exchange that decimated the planet and left it incapable of sustaining life as we know it.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

LordRashagoth wrote:i would think it ends up being like warhammer 4k humanity spreads out or you could do the star trek think big war then humanity joins each other.

It woudl depend on what happens, lets say a large amount of astroids head earths way so a defense is rushed but its too late, they manage to break up them but many still hit. Seemly hitting all the food growing areas of the world, famine and plague spread like wild fire thanks to over medication proir to the burning time. Vasts amounts of people parish and the once had been building threw the UN start to crumble as new powers start to rise to replace the older power due to lack of food. Old fueds within nations splitter many counties and civil war spread like wild fire. The obitial stations either burn themselves out or are left to fend for themselves. City states start popping up and raiding is the norm instead of wars, empires crumble.

Is that supposed to be funny since it's WH 40K?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

I like the Rifts without Earth idea what if instead of just lightly toasting ourselves we ended up actually destroying the planet. Would the leylines remain? would rifts still form at their nexuses would it all still orbit the sun as if they still surrounded the planet. would it be the bermuda triangle of our solar system. Only the colonies left and constantly harrassed by critters that can stand the exposure to space or cultures that have technology that can.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Asadeseth wrote:And then in a suprise twist the Splurgorth descover the Arkon and invaid.

Honestly even if the Splurgorth found earth the probably wouldnt invaid. Most of there best stuff would be SDC, while most of Earths stuff would be MDC. A demon with a rune sword realy isnt all that scary to a guy in MDC armor with a Force feild and a neruni level wapon in a low PPE enviroment. The deamon just gose splat.
TW Equipment would be MDC on Rifts Earth (MDC Properties are usually established by the Dimension you're in, not just a given Planet -The Dimension of Rifts Earth is said to be a High Magic Energy Dimension [Rifts: Megaverse Builder]). Palladium's Dimension, conversely, is a Low Magic Energy Dimension; and the Splicers Homeworld is apparently part of an Extremely Low or No Magic Dimension [also Rifts: Megaverse Builder].....

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Zer0 Kay wrote:I like the Rifts without Earth idea what if instead of just lightly toasting ourselves we ended up actually destroying the planet. Would the leylines remain? would rifts still form at their nexuses would it all still orbit the sun as if they still surrounded the planet. would it be the bermuda triangle of our solar system. Only the colonies left and constantly harrassed by critters that can stand the exposure to space or cultures that have technology that can.
Prior Texts sem to indicate that while there are Rifts in space, the ones around a given Planet are bound to the Planet; they'd likely remain over the dead Earth.....which probably wouldn't remain 'dead' for long. If the Planet was somehow destroyed, likely the Ley Lines on Earth would go with it.

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

LordRashagoth wrote:i would think it ends up being like warhammer 4k humanity spreads out or you could do the star trek think big war then humanity joins each other.

It woudl depend on what happens, lets say a large amount of astroids head earths way so a defense is rushed but its too late, they manage to break up them but many still hit. Seemly hitting all the food growing areas of the world, famine and plague spread like wild fire thanks to over medication proir to the burning time. Vasts amounts of people parish and the once had been building threw the UN start to crumble as new powers start to rise to replace the older power due to lack of food. Old fueds within nations splitter many counties and civil war spread like wild fire. The obitial stations either burn themselves out or are left to fend for themselves. City states start popping up and raiding is the norm instead of wars, empires crumble.
Sounds like 99.9% of Human History in the Real World.

Except, of course, for the Asteroid Thingies.......

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Metathiax wrote:Most likely the nuclear war that caused the coming of the rifts would have escalated into a massive exchange that decimated the planet and left it incapable of sustaining life as we know it.
NO KNOWN Human endeavour known could completely destroy ALL life on the Planet; though it would eliminate virtually 100% of the higher Life Forms.

In any event, the aftermath is said to only last about 5 years or so, while the Earth 'restores' its Atmosphere (in such a Scenario, ALL Nitrogen in the Atmosphere would detonate in a chain reaction, burning all of us higher life forms to a crisp).

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Re: New Genre

Kestrel wrote:Essentially you are creating a new genre. One from scratch.

It's the future, what is it like? Perhaps humanity pushes the button and ends itself. Maybe it will become a space opera setting with humanity developing FTL technology (The orbital colonies will not become separate from Earth). Perhaps rampant genetic engineering makes the Earth nightmarish. Perhaps advanced technology creates a leisure society where there is no more want, and people digress into apathy as any appetite is instantly satiated.
Yay!!! In Kestrel's Scenario, we become like the Altess!!!!

Return to “Rifts®”