What anime influences are in your campaigns?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

TechnoGothic wrote:tekkaman I was better sure...
but in tekkaman II you got a team of spaceknights instead of just one guy and a support team...

i like animes like :
Ghost in the Shell
Bubblegum Criss 2032 and 2040
AD Police
Appleseed
Guyver

i'm not into the ones with all the magic that much..
prob why i like Splicers ;)

Have you seen MADOX-01: Metal Skin Panic? Some argue that it is a prequel to AD Police (supposedly supposed to be their hardsuits).
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Who knows the one where some kid gets transported to another dimension by some girl who accidentally pulls a lever on her father/grandfater's (?) machine and ends up in a reality with Mecha that he's been halucinating in his world? He ends up in a romantic...I don't know what you call the shape, with an instructor who always comes in through his window, an alien who always sleeps by him, the girl who sent him to the other dimension and the alternate dimensions version of the same girl who happens to be her "evil" twin (yeah she nicer to him). The Mecha work by will rather than any mechanical means and when ever the girls are in trouble his (I think they called it) reaction coefficient (lower numbers are better) is in the negatives (everyone else from that alternate dimension is possitive.) There are two factions. One is headed by the alternate realities version of the girl's father (later refered to as scientist)who sent him there. The other is the scientist's best friend in the alternate reality.

If anyone gets that through all the chaos of my writting...2000 geek point or 20 Otaku points. :)
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

For those of you who haven't gotten it yet Splicers is an excellent way to bring Guyver into Rifts!!
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I use a lot of influence from amime and manga sources, mostly 'old school' stuff (even as far back as the '70s) such as :
Mazinger/Great Mazinger/God Mazinger/ Mazinkaiser
Fist of the Northstar
Project A-Ko
Wicked city A.K.A. Supernatural Beast City
Eight man and Eight Man After
Grey
Megazone:23
the original run of Mobile Suit Gundam
Steel Jeeg
Combatra-V
Getta Robo-G
Mighty Raideen A.K.A. Go Go Raideen
Dangaard Ace
Force Five
Kikaider
Vampire Hunter D.

Really dating myself here.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Angryjack wrote:that would be PArallel dual, but it could also be Please Teacher.
but the twin thing gave it away.

Please Teacher had mecha in it? That sounds weird.

You ever see Ultimate Teacher?
Sentinel
Palladin

Let me the following to my list:
Adventure Kid
Wandering Kid/Child
Apocalypse:Zero
Shadow Skill
Battle Royal High School

If they can be counted, then Street Figher and Darkwalkers.

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Now that I've seen the "Paper Mage" (the main character in an anime titled "Read or Die!!"), I want a whole new OCC: the Paper Mage.

Anyone here who seen this Anime knows what I'm talking about. The Character was (in Rifts Game terms) an otherwise completely normal SDC Human -who probably gets a VERY high roll on her P.P. and I.Q. Scores -and who instantly transforms ordinary Paper into MDC structures while she touches it.

At one point in the Anime, she was parrying MDC Attacks (the character is somewhat of a pacifist, and alomst NEVER initiated combat in the course of this Movie) from a Mystic Monk whose blows from his Enchanted Staff were otherwise utterly destroying SDC and light MDC structures.

I'm really going to have to 'roll up'/create Stats for this Character sometime (whose name, oddly enough, was Ms. Paper).........
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Sir Darom wrote:
cornholio wrote:Now that I've seen the "Paper Mage" (the main character in an anime titled "Read or Die!!"), I want a whole new OCC: the Paper Mage.

Anyone here who seen this Anime knows what I'm talking about. The Character was (in Rifts Game terms) an otherwise completely normal SDC Human -who probably gets a VERY high roll on her P.P. and I.Q. Scores -and who instantly transforms ordinary Paper into MDC structures while she touches it..

Almost sounds like a variant of the Conjurer.

Nope. The card mage out of Rifter 9.5. :D
Sentinel
Palladin

My new thing now, is to take the most awful pieces of celluloid nonsense, like "Guyver" live-action, "Full Metal Ninjas", and the entire "American Ninja" series, and turn them into do-able game stories.
Which means that I end up devoting several hours a week watching the worst martial movies ever made.

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Sentinel wrote:My new thing now, is to take the most awful pieces of celluloid nonsense, like "Guyver" live-action, "Full Metal Ninjas", and the entire "American Ninja" series, and turn them into do-able game stories.
Which means that I end up devoting several hours a week watching the worst martial movies ever made.

Sounds like fun.
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

No campaign I have played in, or GM'd was particularly anime influenced...

The only anime I'm likely to be influenced by (in the last 30 years) would be Grendizer, and the scarcity of mech forces in there (one earth based force with one giant bot and up to 3 or 4 complementary vehicles at any time, and one alien force with no more than 3 giant bots, plus an Admiral saucer and oodles of brittle one man fighters of low power available at any one time) makes influence from that one incompatible with the Rifts setting. Rifts also lacks the kind of giant one-man machines found there... of course, I could make my own, but they would probably be grossly overpowered.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard

Return to “Rifts®”