What anime influences are in your campaigns?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

8-) tentical m0nsters 8-)
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

First RPG character I ever made was a Macross II Valkyrie pilot, white guy, by the name of Shin Kenshiro. Since that moment on, I've used Shin Kenshiro to ID myself on god knows how many virtual outlets.

Other things I've used in-game as anime references have been things from Robotech/Macross, the occasional Japanese name swiped from an anime series stuck on any NPC. Had a black guy running around named Banba.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Lord Cherico wrote:8-) tentical m0nsters 8-)

1. STOP using 0 rather than o, please.
2. glad to see you like the splurgorth as much as I do 8-) :lol:
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Unread post by Guest »

um...Rurouni Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop, a little Venture Bro's (though that isnt anime really)

Way of The Samurai 2 the video game is actually going to be providing the lead in for a game im about to start, one of the endings actually...

very cool...

Little bit of spike, little bit of the battousai, some of brock's cool bad assness...
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Lord Cherico wrote:8-) tentical m0nsters 8-)

1. STOP using 0 rather than o, please.
2. glad to see you like the splurgorth as much as I do 8-) :lol:

Uhh thats kinky :P
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Gunnm, Gundam, Robotech, Macross, Guyver, Bubblegum Crisis/A.D. Police/MADOX-01, Armitage, Ghost in the Shell, Xenosaga, The Ultimate Teacher (the spraying bloody nose and Qui, Qui Qui, Stomp, Stomp) <--- if anyone knows that their real Otaku, A-Ko (the power cry), Ranma 1/2 (the big hammer from nowhere), Akira, Appleseed, Dirty Pair (It's not our fault!!), Dragon Half (You score a crit. but his brain is super compact that it does no extra damage), Genocyber, Hades Project Zeorymer, Iczer, Valley of the Wind, Orgus (since it is very Rifty), Patlabor, Silent Mobius, Tenchi Muyo, Wicked City, Witch Hunter Robin, Wolf's Rain, Wings of Honneamise

I can't figure how to get Irresponsible Capt. Tyler in although that would be damn hilarious

When I'm dark SoulTaker or really dark M.D. Geist (II more than I but it seems darker if you take it in the context it is given)

Depending on where I am Rurouni Kenshin, Princess Mononoke, Lodoss War, Heroic Legend of Arslan, Inu-Yasha, Wrath of the Ninja

Yes I have seen all of these.
No these aren't all of the ones I have seen.
They are just the ones that in some way influence my games, I'm sure I missed some. The ones that influence me the most...BGC (and it's incarnations), Silent Mobius, M.D. Geist serve as my Dark fantasy sci-fi background...primarily.
Admittedly I have seen some "girl" anime :oops: Salor Moon (Ehh) and Escaflowne (cool) and Hentai :D however none of these save maybe Escaflowne influence my games. Oh and I've never had a Sploogie attack a female in that way (yuck) those are probably my least liked hentai.

Now don't go thinking that it is Anime Rifts with Karl Prosek walking around with small slanty eyes (because most of the bad guys have oriental eyes). I'm also strongly influenced by US products Blade Runner as you should be able to tell from my sigline, TMNT, Thundercats, LOTR, Hardware...mostly sci-fi and fantasy.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

None actually...

Unless I'm doing Robotech! :lol:
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
King Chopper
Explorer

Unread post by King Chopper »

I try to keep Anime out of my games, but I sometimes drop something in without really knowing it till its too late, all thanks to my oddly wired brain.
If I weren't a snob, I'd be unworthy of being French. -Svartalf
"The death penalty may make the State a murderer, but the penal system makes the State into a gay dungeonmaster."
-attributed to Jesse Jackson

Threads killed to date: 23+ and counting

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mike SSN-723 wrote:ghost in the shell for explaining how cyborgs bodies work. also used a pair of robots like the ones in black magic M-66 before too :D

Oooh good movie M-66 that is forgot that one.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

rellik wrote:Salior Moon (psionics and magic angle), Galaxy Express 999 (Both of them, for bionics), 8 Man After (bionics) Crest of the Stars(space), Appleseed, Armaitage III(cybernetics and bionics), Can Can Bunny(dont ask), Outlaw Star, Vampire Hunter D(both of them, for comic relief, dont ask), Rurouni Kenshin (random village developement), Project A-Ko, Perfect Blue(dont ask).....theres more but i cant remember the rest, give me a few days and it will come back to me.

Gotta why Can Can Bunny? Why not Dragon Pink but then again I guess that would be PFRPG :D. How is Vampire Hunter D (comic?). Never seen Perfect Blue so I couldn't ask :(
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

um... too many. But one of my characters made himself a principled gunslinger, with a trenchcoat.... who faints at the sight of blood, hates killing.... um... yeah... got some major Trigun influence in my game.

Other than that, I think all anime does, because when I picture my game, draw parts of my game (as with most of my players) it's all in anime style.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mike SSN-723 wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
rellik wrote:Salior Moon (psionics and magic angle), Galaxy Express 999 (Both of them, for bionics), 8 Man After (bionics) Crest of the Stars(space), Appleseed, Armaitage III(cybernetics and bionics), Can Can Bunny(dont ask), Outlaw Star, Vampire Hunter D(both of them, for comic relief, dont ask), Rurouni Kenshin (random village developement), Project A-Ko, Perfect Blue(dont ask).....theres more but i cant remember the rest, give me a few days and it will come back to me.

Gotta why Can Can Bunny? Why not Dragon Pink but then again I guess that would be PFRPG :D. How is Vampire Hunter D (comic?). Never seen Perfect Blue so I couldn't ask :(

Don't forget La Blue girl and also Totoro :ok:

Don't like tentacle monsters but La Blue girl has something for everyone ^_^. Isn't Totoro a kids anime? The one with the big fat bear thingy?

Unread post by Guest »

oh, Lone Wolf and Cub...but thats manga only so far (where is my LWC anime?)

one of the way of the samurai endings has you and a little girl that you wind up teaching to read and protecting through that storyline leaving town...I played through with a female character once to that ending, and had the idea of my girlfriend picking that story up from there...

its gonna rock.
NoJack
Explorer

Unread post by NoJack »

NGE, and that is both hard and rewarding if the players haven't seen the series or movie. And the look on their faces after they have watched it... well yeah that was pretty cool.

Trigun, we used the New west books to play on the Trigun world once... it was a lot like new west for some reason...

My new players are all hardcore D&D nuts, but I have conned them into playing some Robotech/ Macross II. As they haven't seen the series or read the books much, I'm going to use the Anime storyline as my story line...
Dude... It's a tall guy dressed in black, with a weird, glowy weapon thing, and we're a couple of guards in matching shiny armor...
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Zer0 Kay wrote:

vampire hunter D is also an animated movie.

and I have seen Perfect Blue several times, and I truely do have to ask: WHAT THE ****!?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mike SSN-723 wrote:ghost in the shell for explaining how cyborgs bodies work. also used a pair of robots like the ones in black magic M-66 before too :D

dude, I never figured out why it was called Black Magic M-66.

the movie was lame too.

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Dork Vader wrote:oh, Lone Wolf and Cub...but thats manga only so far (where is my LWC anime?)

one of the way of the samurai endings has you and a little girl that you wind up teaching to read and protecting through that storyline leaving town...I played through with a female character once to that ending, and had the idea of my girlfriend picking that story up from there...

its gonna rock.

Lone Wolf and Cub was live action first.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mike SSN-723 wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mike SSN-723 wrote:
Don't forget La Blue girl and also Totoro :ok:

Don't like tentacle monsters but La Blue girl has something for everyone ^_^. Isn't Totoro a kids anime? The one with the big fat bear thingy?

Yeah and it totally rawks :ok:

Oh Oh OH!!!! How about blue submarine 6!!!! Now thats a great movie, thinking about using that now in my game, just how will i get my group from northern texas to the pacific ocean hmmmm :twisted:

BS 6 was cool very sweet art. Rank it with Wings of Honneamise as far as art...I guess story line too. Very realistic. Without being real material with animation drawn over it.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

I once had a couple of Beautiful, NPC Werejaguar Twins (PB 22 and 24, respectively) in a campaign, whose names were Anna Puma and Yu-nee Puma.

THEIR NAMES WERE JUST A LUCKY COINCIDENCE, I SWEAR!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Last edited by cornholioprime on Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Tyciol wrote:Everyone knows what sick twisted ideas Kevin Siembieda had in mind when he invented the Splugorth Slaver and Altara. It was right there from the beginning on the main book cover :)

:oops: :oops: :oops: :-P La Blue Girl: ALTARA??? :-P :oops: :oops: :oops:
Last edited by cornholioprime on Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

and I have seen Perfect Blue several times, and I truely do have to ask: WHAT THE ****!?

You misunderstand I didn't mean it was/is a comic. I was asking how it could be considered a comic releif. I thought it was very serious.

What is Perfect Blue about? Very short synopsis please.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

the movie was lame too.

I beleive that Black Magic was the name of the project. Like Tacit Blue for the hypersonic plane that was being developed at Groom Lake. The aircraft isn't tacit blue the project is.

I thought it was cool especially some of the restraint systems. I noticed that some games took concepts from their. (e.g. the "piano" BRP pack in Cyber Punk Heavy Metal.)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mike SSN-723 wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

the movie was lame too.

:eek: :badbad: :nh:
no way, that reporter rawked and the self-destruct that the M-66 combat models performed kicked butt. First its a giant frag bomb followed up by nerve gas :ok: Doesn't get any better than that. Not to mention it had lasers and its fingers where extendable whippie vibro claws. And it knew how to prowl and use disguese too. :crane:

Dude calm down
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

You misunderstand I didn't mean it was/is a comic. I was asking how it could be considered a comic releif. I thought it was very serious.

Perfect Blue is a very boring movie about a pop star from a three piece girl group who leaves to become an actor and then is stalked by a strange version of herself. I love manga/anime and have seen almost all of the movies that people have mentioned here, sitting through Perfect Blue was painful. Nice art though.

I've never actually used any plot from an anime for a game (the players have seen them all anyway) but I do take the mood/style of manga action.

I always thought Spriggans from Spriggan were like Juicers or Crazies in regards to their abilities.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Black Magic M-66!!!! AWESOME!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Unread post by Guest »

I used to be Perfect Blue in the chatrooms.

still haven't seen the movie, didnt even know about it til I made the name...sucks that I keep hearing it sucks so much.

:(
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

I don't regularly mix them in but I have mixed in some guyver, akira, inuyasha, dbz, vampire hunter d, and tnmt in my rifts games.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -Thomas Jefferson
(SHIFTY)
Adventurer

Unread post by (SHIFTY) »

I have made some of the citys of Rifts Japan look like the ones in Akira or Ghost in a Shell but that is about it.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Krimeny...

And I thought I had no life! I've only seen (including the three DB series, only watched (even occasionally) 7-8 animes! (Dragon Ball - all three / Robotech / Teen Titans - only when I'm too busy to change the channel...honest! - Sailor Moon / Card Captors [another "I'm feeling too lazy to change the channel" situation] / Pokemon / Yu-Gi-Oh / and Bey Blade...oh, Digimon, can't forget the digimon! ;) :lol:)
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

z0b wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

Perfect Blue is a very boring movie about a pop star from a three piece girl group who leaves to become an actor and then is stalked by a strange version of herself. I love manga/anime and have seen almost all of the movies that people have mentioned here, sitting through Perfect Blue was painful. Nice art though.

I've never actually used any plot from an anime for a game (the players have seen them all anyway) but I do take the mood/style of manga action.

I always thought Spriggans from Spriggan were like Juicers or Crazies in regards to their abilities.

I loved perfect blue personally. sure mima was an idiot and it was painful to see someone that dense, but overall I liked teh suspence.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

I like to include things Like La blue girl and Pokemon into Rifts.... they both with Quite well...

.... okay... not really.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

rellik wrote:Perfect Blue is like a double esspresso for your brain without the caffine.
i just remebered the other anime: Cowboy Bebop(if i didnt mention it already), Last Exile, Read or Die, Akira, Blue Seed(if i didnt mention it already), Chobits, Hot Gimmic(ok these last two are manga, they still count, cause i watched and read Akira and personally the manga is better but it does take a long time to read all the Akira series, its like 6 full size 400pg NSA reports ok?) Venus Wars(very good for a story line if you need one), Metropolis(sp?, dont ever watch this movie, if you have the urge to watch this watch Perfect Blue instead), Ghost in the Shell(did i mention this already?), Pokemon, Digimon, Beyblade, Card Captors(the series), Card Captor Sakura(the movies), Duel Masters, Master Chef Cooking Boy (I LOVE THIS ANIME), Robot Jox, Robot Wars(not anime, but the only movies with good mech's in them), DB, DBZ, DBGT(the first two are ok, GT is just kinda a downward spiral grasping for a plot), Wolfs Reign(i dont really follow along with this but it has a nice story arc and good art), so yeah ive seen a lot, i checked out all the anime at the past 4 video rental places where ive lived, i love anime and manga and i would list more but this is already kinda long so ill stop(i have seen more its just been a while so i cant really remember most of the names)

You best be talkin bout the anime Metropolis not the original silent. That is the very first Sci-fi movie ever and deserves a place of honor even if you didn't think it was good.

You forgot Crash and Burn. I think it was done by the same company as RJ and RW.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Colonel Wolfe wrote:I like to include things Like La blue girl and Pokemon into Rifts.... they both with Quite well...

.... okay... not really.

Pervert and...how do you mix LBG and Pokemon? Oh wait PERVERT :)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Borast wrote:Krimeny...

And I thought I had no life! I've only seen (including the three DB series, only watched (even occasionally) 7-8 animes! (Dragon Ball - all three / Robotech / Teen Titans - only when I'm too busy to change the channel...honest! - Sailor Moon / Card Captors [another "I'm feeling too lazy to change the channel" situation] / Pokemon / Yu-Gi-Oh / and Bey Blade...oh, Digimon, can't forget the digimon! ;) :lol:)

Bah Teen titans doesn't count :)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Nebular4life wrote:
evilgeek wrote:None, absolutely none.

Anime... :badbad:

I gotta agree with this man.

Pretty hard not to be influenced somewhat by Anime since much of the equipment has elements derived from Anime.
Shin Kenshiro

What anime is represented in Spirit West or Mystic Russia?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Angryjack wrote:Some? SOME?
the entire Triax book is modeled after Appleseed.

Patlabor fills the Main book

There is no Anime not represented in a rifts book.

I wouldn't say that. There are no cursed springs of Ju-sen-kuo (or however it's spelled). There also isn't any Ogenki Clinic in the books. I would go as far as saying there is alot written into the books.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Spanish Inquisition wrote:What anime is represented in Spirit West or Mystic Russia?

Trigun in Spirit west and I'm sure there is a lot more western sci-fi animes, maybe M.D. Geist. In russia with all the borgs...give me a break too easy. Oh no It's borgs and supernatural you say...still too easy.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Angryjack wrote:Some? SOME?
the entire Triax book is modeled after Appleseed.

Patlabor fills the Main book

There is no Anime not represented in a rifts book.

of course not. there is nothing origional anymore. it's impossible to cover ANY material without an anime having already covered it.

that dosn't mean they copied it. I don't think siembedia even saw some of the anime that his stuff resembles. it's pure coincidence.

Shin Kenshiro

Zer0 Kay wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition wrote:What anime is represented in Spirit West or Mystic Russia?

Trigun in Spirit west and I'm sure there is a lot more western sci-fi animes, maybe M.D. Geist. In russia with all the borgs...give me a break too easy. Oh no It's borgs and supernatural you say...still too easy.

I'm failing to see your connections of Trigun with "Spirit West" and constant borg-speak with "Mystic Russia". I have never seen an anime that has anything looking like the scant power armor in Spirit West. And the concept that the book has anime represented in it is pretty humorous. As for Mystic Russia, you keep confusing Mystic with Warlords.

If people are claiming that every book smacks of anime if it involves power armor or cyborgs, just remember that Heinlein came up with power armor and writers like Asimov and Gibson came up with cybernetics way before the Japanese drew it.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Angryjack wrote:and like people have said before: There is no aspect of Rifts earth that Anime has not already covered. Literally none.

that's because there litterally there is no groud that anime hasn't covered ACROSS THE BOARD.

by your logic there shouldn't be anything other than anime because it already has it all

Unread post by Guest »

I second the "Shouldn't be anything but Anime" notion!

All for!

Yay!

All against?

*prepares to shoot any who object*
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Spanish Inquisition wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

I'm failing to see your connections of Trigun with "Spirit West" and constant borg-speak with "Mystic Russia". I have never seen an anime that has anything looking like the scant power armor in Spirit West. And the concept that the book has anime represented in it is pretty humorous. As for Mystic Russia, you keep confusing Mystic with Warlords.

If people are claiming that every book smacks of anime if it involves power armor or cyborgs, just remember that Heinlein came up with power armor and writers like Asimov and Gibson came up with cybernetics way before the Japanese drew it.

OOps sorry I just saw west and russia and was thinking the technology side of both however Mystic Russia would have anime for it "not necessarily dealing with russia but the mystic part same goes for spirit west.

Your right about Gibson, Asimov and Heinlein however there is art and it does seem more influenced by anime than by stories. I don't recall saying that every book smacks of anime. I do recall something about Rifts is influenced by anime. I mean just saying Rifts is a Post-apocolyptic world mixing mystic influences with cyberpunk and mecha sci-fi, just drools of anime.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Dork Vader wrote:I second the "Shouldn't be anything but Anime" notion!

All for!

Yay!

All against?

*prepares to shoot any who object*

Uh sir, Oww put away the rubber band and paper clips, I was just gonna agree.
Display-Name-Alpha
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Display-Name-Alpha »

Gundam and Evangelion...
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Angryjack wrote:http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cybermessiah.geo/album?.dir=e093&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cybermessiah.geo/my_photos

Appleseed 2004 image Gallery. Lots of cool pictures and this is why People that b|tch and whine about Rifts not being anime should be shot.

Exactly very Riftsish as is BGC (+ all incarnations), Tank Police-comedy, Akira, Silent Mobius, Wolf's Rain, Ghost in the Shell, Armitage, Gunnm(Battle Angel Alitta; for the benifit of others since you probably know this), Dirty Pair and others like these. They're all very cyberpunk which basically describes Rifts Earth of course most don't contain the supernatural monsters.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Anime influences? Hmmm...good question.

Gasaraki
Noir
Samurai X
Macross Plus
Wings of Honneiamaise
(sp?)
and Tenchi Muyo! Ryo oh Ki are the ones that stand out as having influenced my games in some small way or another.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

what noone has seen Tekkaman or Tekkaman II
the Spaceknights are a great source for Cosmo-knight characters ;)
heck the Gargoyles in the triax book even made a tekkaman-like PA/robot

People who say Rifts doesnt have enough Anime dont know jack about either...Anime or Rifts
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

tekkaman I was better sure...
but in tekkaman II you got a team of spaceknights instead of just one guy and a support team...

i like animes like :
Ghost in the Shell
Bubblegum Criss 2032 and 2040
AD Police
Appleseed
Guyver

i'm not into the ones with all the magic that much..
prob why i like Splicers ;)
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Shin Kenshiro

Equinox13 wrote:there are two things i hate. intolerant people, and people who claim there is more than anime worth watching...

as for which animes influence my games, here's a brief list...

Slayers (and all related)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ghost in the Shell (and series)
Hellsing
Trigun
Noir
Robotech
Cowboy Bebop
Kiddy Grade
Chrono Crusade
Fruits Basket
Excel Saga
Puni Puni Poemi
Bastard (the anime)
Blue Gender
Burn Up (and all related)
Gungrave
S-cry-ed
Rahxephon
Tenchi Muyo (and all related)
Berserk
Full Metal Panic
Gundam (and most related)
Mezzo Forte
Kite
Soul Hunter
Nurse Witch Komugi
Witch Hunter Robin
Ninja Scroll (and all related)
Samurai - Hunt for the Sword
Vampire Hunter D
Angelic Layer
Elf Princess Rane
Orphen
Escaflowne
Martian Successor Nadesico (and all related)
Nadia (and all related)
Key the Metal Idol
Those Who Hunt Elves (1 & 2)
Rurouni Kenshin (and all related)
Arjuna
Steel Angel Kurumi
Saiyuki
Gunparade March
Bubblegum Crisis
Dirty Pair Flash
A.D. Police
Najica Blitz Tactics
Gunsmith Cats
Phantom Quest Corp
Moldiver
Armitage (and all related)
Princess Mononoke
Akira
All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku

that should be a good 'for starters' list...

These are the anime that scare me when it comes to what they would be used for in a campaign...

Excel Saga
Mezzo Forte
Hellsing
Kiddy Grade
Fruits Basket
Kite

I know you didn't mean all at once...but trying to imagine those anime right there in a single campaign hurts my brain. :lol:

Return to “Rifts®”