A superpower

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rahmota
Adventurer

A superpower

Unread post by Rahmota »

My wife and I where discussing characters and she wanted to know if there was a power that would allow the character to basically be like Odo from DS9. I only have the main book with the spandex hero guy on the front but hopefully I can get a few of the others as i watch the used book stores around home and the yard sales online and can sometimes pry loose a few bucks. So if there is one in the books could someone let me know where please? Thank you. I have seen a few online but wanted to know if there was a By the Book version.
TANSTAAFL!
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

You won't get pummeled. There are a lot of crappy shows out there.

To answer the question. Odo was a shapeshifter. Not quite like the normal "only humanoid form" kind of shapeshifter. He could look like just about anything. He could look like any type of alien, and also look like a computer(or a tree, or a chair). Not quite sure of the extent of his abilities in terms of mass, density, and all that.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Actually, I had an interesting idea. This is an interesting combination, and may need the inclusion of optional power stunts to make it work.

APS:Smoke
Create Force Constructs
Color Manipulation

The idea is to create a force construict of the shape you want to be, with a small hole. Slip into it as smoke. Use Color Manipulation to change the color of the construct to whatever you desire. In this way, you might be able to simulate shapeshifting.

BTW-A player recently slipped a Create Force Construct/Color Manipulation char by me. Force constructs are solid, and easily can be argued they are a material. He started using transparent force animals. Beleive me, that was a pain in the butt. Not sure if anyone else would allow it, though.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
spirit+

Unread post by spirit+ »

Try making Odo a Reshaper from NB sourcebook 1:Nightlands
They can take anyshape but the mist(which we only really see used once or twice in the whole series anyway)
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

From the Powers Unlimited 3.0 (unofficial new powers) web page..

Metamorph -By Cardiac (JamesW_2000@Hotmail.com)-
The hero can alter all of his physical parameters (dimensions, appearance, physiology) to achieve any desired shape or look. Despite appearances, the hero retains his basic chemical composition unless other powers such as Copy Physical Structures is used, so even if metamorphed into the form of a brick wall, the character still bleeds if cut.
The character does not gain any mechanical capabilities of any machine he is copying; a character can morph to look like a motorcycle, but he can't run as one (unless the character also has the Alter Limbs power and its related sub-abilities).
The character can also form his arms and hands into different shapes, recieving Alter Limbs sub-abilities Number 1, 3 and 4 (modified body weapons, shield arms and stretch limbs).
Dimensions:
The maximum size object the character can change into is a cube with a number of feet per side equal to half his P.E.
The minimum size the character can change into is a cube 6 inches on each side.
Duration:
The character can maintain a shape roughly equal in size to his own (like a chair, small table) indefinitely.
If the character selects a form smaller than normal or roughly twice his size (large table, couch, canoe), he can maintain it for a period of time equal to his P.E. attribute in minutes.
Each equivalent doubling in size in turn halves the period of time.
Other Bonuses:
Add 1D4 to P.E.
+4 to Roll with punch, fall or impact.

Creation of an Odo species? Well he is an Alien and he has a Mineral body structure.. since we don't know what his native enviroment is, he has no special adaptions for any alien enviroment.
Stats and stuff.. just roll up as per usual but reduce the M.A. stat ... no sense of humor.
The species that Odo comes from are not nice guys.. they are worshiped like gods as far as I can remember, they have some engineered species in thrall to them?
Yeah.. not very nice dudes, personality wise.
8-)
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
spirit+

Unread post by spirit+ »

ZEN wrote:Metamorph -.
<blah,blah,blah>
Creation of an Odo species? Well he is an Alien and he has a Mineral body structure.. since we don't know what his native enviroment is, he has no special adaptions for any alien enviroment.
Stats and stuff.. just roll up as per usual but reduce the M.A. stat ... no sense of humor.
The species that Odo comes from are not nice guys.. they are worshiped like gods as far as I can remember, they have some engineered species in thrall to them?
Yeah.. not very nice dudes, personality wise. 8-)

It's not that they aren't nice it's that they are paranoid and consider themselves superior to the "solids"
aBut good spint to consider none the less.
Rahmota
Adventurer

Unread post by Rahmota »

Well thanks for the ideas and all. I guess we'll continue using the effects from the Changeling Palladium fantasy which is what we've basically been doing. Thanks for all the good ideas though. Although I do like the Idea Zen came up with. And AFAIK Odo's people are able to displace some of their mass when they change into something smaller than their normal mass (ie a drinking glass or tray) or stretch themselves thin enough to basically become a mist. Also you are right they do take on the properties of whatever they become to the point of being able to fool a tricorder (sensor scanner). And yes they did have a genetically drug dependent/engineered warrior race as well as a group of clones that where thralls to them. But that more came out of a sense of being totally and absolutely superior to the solids in their thinking.
TANSTAAFL!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”