Reinterpreting Heroes

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

I'm willing to bite, but how about we reinterpret the HU2 universe guys and gals. there will not be any copy right infringment and It might be cool to see how players can recreate the villains of VU or the heroes and villains of Gramercy and Century Station, etc...
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

You know, I like the idea of getting a group of gamers together and basing a HU campaign on the premise that each player takes just the name of an established character and builds their own interpretation... for instance, what if a player took 'Spider-Man' and focused on controlling insects/arachnids rather than imitating them? Or maybe 'The Flash' becomes a character capable of generating intense bursts of light? And what if 'The Punisher' becomes an invulnerable brick who lets his fists do the talking?

Personally, I think this idea might get the ol' kibosh pretty quick if we started posting stats and all, but I do think a campaign based on this concept would be a good idea.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

I was thinking along the lines of taking, say, the Eletricutionor from VU and turning him into say Mystically Bestowed or something he is definately not!
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

In my campaign, I will use an existing name if it adequately describes a hero's powers and is not similar to the character that I originally lifted the name frm in the first place.
Example: a giant sized alien, with a skill orientation towards Greco-Roman gladiatoral combat and weapons, called Colossus (as in, "of Rhodes").
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Zenvis wrote:I was thinking along the lines of taking, say, the Eletricutionor from VU and turning him into say Mystically Bestowed or something he is definately not!

Or maybe a reinterpretation of Glorioso as a mutant with 'Beautiful Angelic Face' as a physical characteristic and Divine Aura, Extraordinary Physical Beauty, Extraordinary Mental Affinity, and Physical Perfection as super abiities?
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Uncle Servo wrote:
Zenvis wrote:I was thinking along the lines of taking, say, the Eletricutionor from VU and turning him into say Mystically Bestowed or something he is definately not!

Or maybe a reinterpretation of Glorioso as a mutant with 'Beautiful Angelic Face' as a physical characteristic and Divine Aura, Extraordinary Physical Beauty, Extraordinary Mental Affinity, and Physical Perfection as super abiities?

In the alternative, Glorioso would be an excellent Nightbane, with the trait of flawed beauty.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”