Welcome to Fresno

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Welcome to Fresno

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

I stared at the city limits sign and the giant wall that surrounded
the city. I took out a cigarette and smoked it. I know damn well
that smokings bad for you but what I was about to do was ten
times worse then smoking. I rode my motorcycle up to the gates.
The guards stared at me.

"Is your suit secure?"

"yea its tight"

"you know not a whole lot people visit this town."

"I'm a little nuts I guess"

"You have to be."

With those words the gates to fresno opened. Its been ten years
since the city was nuked but for some reason the raditation wont
leave the aria. This was good for the rest of california the radiation
didn't leave fresno but the town cant recover until the radiation dissipates.
We've been waiting ten years for the radiation to do that. It was a mutant
terrorist that nuked the city. The backlash was pretty bad the PDL worked over time to get people to stop hating paranormals. The only reason why
we don't get rid of those freaks is because there a huge part of the economy. The space industry needs people who can manipulate gravity
too badly to kick the freaks out of the country. The agercultural sector needs them to bring rain to the crops. And so despite a few riots Fresno goes unavenged.

I ride my motorcycle through the town, dead bodys are spread trough out the streets, the radiation doesn't allow bodys to decompose, so they remain out their no one burys them I don't know why I guess its a symbolic thing, I think its disrepectiful to the dead. Some times I think
the freaks are behind it. Yea I don't like paranormals you see I used to
live in fresno there aren't a whole lot of surviors like me, only 80 of us
are alive today. I was at the reuion were dropping like flys from cancer.
Its all the freaks faults but no one listens to me I'm just a poor guy from Fresno. The freaks have the money to keep guys like me off the air waves. I have enough pull to visit my parents graves its near the center of the city were the blast destroyed every thing.

Every things so silent here theres absolutely no life here, that disturbs
allot of people but i've done so many of these rides that I'm used to it.
I get to the part of town were my old house used to be. I always ride
my back pack on these rides. The guards never check my bag, sure they
check me on the way out but never on the way in. Its heavy of course
it cant help but be heavy.

I stare at the one wall of my old house that remains and say
"Mom dad this is for you."
I pull the dead body out of my pack and place it with the other
bodys in a small pile where my parents bedroon used to be.
You see you got to get the freaks while their young thats the
secret to taking the freaks down. You cant let your self have pity
for them cause they aren't human their just animals that look that
way. A lot of folks were fooled into believing their human not me
though I do my best to avenge fresno. Its a hard job but I'm the
only man left to do it.

12 bodys it isn't much but its a start isn't it, I swing the body onto
the pile, and almost feel sad that no one goes to fresno.
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Marcantony
Adventurer

Unread post by Marcantony »

Gawd, do you ever hate Fresno :D

Im getting my new computer system this weekend so there may be delays on when I add this
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

I thought youd like this 8-)
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Fallen Angels

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Hey has anyone read the HU story written in Rifter 27 yet?
Not bad, although I'm still trying to figure out what Bastion did
after Angelica died? I'd like to congradulate thewriter on a
job well done. :ok: I'm curious though where these
actual HU characters or just creations you came up with purely
for the story? Now all we need now is a full length novel :roll:
or maybe I'm just dreaming.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Ayn Rand

its too bad the rifters not out here in fresno :(
Marcantony
Adventurer

Lord Cherico wrote:its too bad the rifters not out here in fresno :(

Too many radioactive pockets to get through?
Prince Cherico
Hero
Ayn Rand

Ok thats fair :lol: :lol:
Marcantony
Adventurer

Couldnt resist, you left that one wide open :D

Responding to you via my brand new computer system, including win XP. Had to change my first video card though as it died almost instantly... although they did replace it with the next model up at no extra charge, so I guess I cant complain
Prince Cherico
Hero
Ayn Rand

I hope this system works out better for you than the last one

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”