OK... what _is_ Chaos Earth?

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Well, that was the original idea for Chaos Earth, but KS changed his thinking and made CE the beginning of THE Rift's Earth. Basically it is the days right after the Cataclysm and humanities try at survival.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: OK... what _is_ Chaos Earth?

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

dnjscott wrote::lol: -ultimate dumb question here, but what's the deal with Chaos Earth? I saw a Rifter or two on it, but haven't really read up on it... the Cataclysm wasn't as bad, right? Are there still counties or nations, or is everyone out adventuring? Basically, what makes this different from RIFTS, other than a lack of CyberKnights and Ley Line Walkers?

It's a prequel to Rifts, and follows (or in some cases expands) the official Rifts chronology.

The setting is Earth, circa 2098, right after the coming of the Rifts. The principle protagonists are an intercontinental paramilitary/rescue organization known as NEMA who endeavor to save human lives and fight the encroachment of demons from the Rifts.

dnjscott wrote:Ah, what do you do though? Wander around and watch civil wars, or help refugees, or what?

All of the above, plus fight demons from the Rifts. It's kind of like what Rifts would be like if the CS were the good guys.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Of course, Chaos Earth has the advantage of not having nearly 30 worldbooks full of MDC stereotype OCCs bogging it down either.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

In many ways I think that this is the game many Rifts players have been wanting to play all along.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

RPA E Leet wrote:Mrs Esterhouse hit the nail on the head. Chaos Earth is so far from Rifts. It's more about the story, of how heroes live and die trying to save the lives of the helpless than about harrassing the evil powers-that-be, or buying that greatest rune weapon (which seemed to be the only thing we could find to do in Rifts).

I absolutely love it, and it's brought me back to Paladium.

So it's like Rifts used to be...
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Dark_Lightning
Wanderer

Unread post by Dark_Lightning »

i bought CE rather recently along with the other books that goes with it. i was and am rather impressed with how the desparation of survival just goes into overdrive. Even NEMA can't stave off the hordes. I always wanted to know just how the 2nd Dark Age progresses into what we know as Rifts Earth. And, for the origianal post: WASN'T THAT BAD?!?! Millions, close to billions of lives were either snuffed out or just shattered. The coatlines and boundaries were reformed in a matter of hours instead of decades. wasn't that bad....
"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." Chris Titus, comedian.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I think KS changed from his original Idea for CE,which was an alteranate rifts earth w/o the CS, when they put out SF. And the idea about it happening just after the coming of the rifts got put into his head.

I think its working out a bit better then the original idea, but they are still putting out oo many Rift's Books for them to expand their other world settings.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”