Player gets a reality check...

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Player gets a reality check...

Unread post by pblackcrow »

A player of mine got on my last nerve last night. I was GMing. Okay, and he walked all over the other characters. Made me mad, and I actually had to tell him several time to shut up and let the other's have a chance. His responce was, "I am the team's leader." I wasn't changing anything.

When they finished that mission, his team members give their reports to the counsel of the guild of High Magicks...Well, the main 3 wish to speak to him, paraphrasing of course, "You don't know what's going on anymore then they do and so far your leadership has gotten 3 people were killed needlessly on your first assignment. If you had listened to Rachelle and Micheal who were trying to help you, none of this would have happened. You work with in a team, and until you can do that you are here by striped of your athority." He asks "is that all?", reaching down acting like he is scratching his leg, but he is grabbing his boot knife. "Yes" they say in harmany. he stands up and walk to the door and throws the knife at the head mage's neck, rolls a 20. and runs off to the police station (Which is 7 buildings down the street) and tells them everything about the house (Gave a graphic description of what's in the basement.) and that he was victumised and burtally beaten by them. He does still has the marks and bruses on him from the mission. All along the others players are ready to kill him, and he thinks they are talking about his character.

His reason for doing it was he didn't want to be a "lowly pee-on", because his character is 7th level, and that if this had been real his ideas would have worked (and admittedly, the frozen paint ball idea would have worked, if he hadn't specified buying oil paint balls instead of water), and he tells me that I shouldn't have changed the plot, that they were suposed to after a Necromancer not a bounch of vampires, mummies, and zombies. To which we all laugh.

Needless to say, he's out of the game. And I want to know something, has anything like this ever happened to you guys? If so, what did you do? :lol:
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

Geronimo wrote:Yes, But my players have a tendency to kill a character who doesn't work well, or betrays the group... which I fully advocate.

The players didn't find out until he was at the police station though. It is a pain in the ass. I am very tempted to throw the game out. :badbad: :frust: :thwak:
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Geronimo wrote:And when that character gets to jail, he gets shived.. :D

... or a weird twist of fate gets him sent to a prison where the dead inmates still pose a problem?
pblackcrow
Champion

Writers Block wrote:It happens. Some times some one doesn't give a damn about the other players or the GM. Had such many times.

Are any of the surviving council mages? They could easily, or with the help of a friendly psi, make the police trouble go away. Make the fellow look like a nut who just murdered their club president in cold blood and the nut was injured when they tried to stop the murder...several other "club" members have knife wounds...also, have the "club" call the police to report the murder and ID the character as the assailant...his prints on the knife...does this world believe in magic? If not, his story will sound insane if the Coucil covers its but well, the police cannot just bust in the door and start tearing the place apart...hide the incriminating, use illusions, etc...

Also, what about spells of legend? Ressurection, Restoration (if he was not dead), etc.

Have a "friend" in the police, since it is so close to the Council Building....oh, and have another "friend" (mayne the other PCs, given the task to get the guy, even if the Council has to give them "special" equipment to do so...at least the PCs can get some XP out of the guy now that the player is gone from the game...

Uh, the police subspected this place and members in a few crimes, and he went to the captain. And the one he through the knife at was fixed.

not too many people believe in magic with in the norm, but the cops have incountered monsters and that stuff before.

They don't know where he is at or what he did, yet.

Oh and the basement is where they lock up and hold monsters, people, etc.

Sorry, but I am just throwing the game out. and him too!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

have the cops be on good terms with the mages (after all, it sounds like the mages are working to keep the city safe..), and have the mages contacts in the cops do the investigation. then the player will be charged with attempted murder, and that character will be NPC fodder.

then make the player create a 1st. level "normal person" (non-military), and give him one more chance. if he still gets all arogant, kick him out.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Gallahan
Adventurer

Unread post by Gallahan »

IF NO BEHAVE... NO PLAY. SIMPLE.
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I always thought the idea of playing a game was to have fun.

If someone is actively reducing the fun for others . . . chuck 'em.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

ash_wednesday wrote:I wouldn't throw the game out. Throw out the player..but have his character die first..killer GM stlye!!! Have one of the council members be a magic user and summon some monsters at him. I suggets vampires..lots of them, tearing him apart, limb to limb....etc. Make an example out of him. "Don't miss with the guy who controls your character's universe. It's like picking a fight with God."

After which he will probably throw a hissy fit and leave. Problem Solved.

Or you could take him to the side before the game and let him know to chill, then you have the moral high ground to mess up his character when he messes up your game.
:fool:

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”