Random Thoughts - Multiple Beings

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

sinestus
Adventurer

Random Thoughts - Multiple Beings

Unread post by sinestus »

right,
first up...
if you absorb the expieriences of your other selves when you take back a multiple self...
then those with said power, should be able to "sacrifice" one to continue their education, and thus, after only a handful of years, have just about everything in the book...

but on to more important matters...

if you're sporting Mystic Bestowed powers,
what provide spells (thus PPE base) and multiple selves....
does splitting provide more PPE?
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

You know i was just thinking about a very similar question, though mine was a standard superbeing that had Multiple Beings/selves and Psionics (most especially one with Gestalt Circle (NB:BtS) or, to a less useful extent: Transfer ISP).

My feeling is yes, the duplicate would have however many PPE or ISP points as the original at the time of duplication.

2bits=25cents
kamikazzijoe
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by kamikazzijoe »

The book says they make an exact copy so i'd take that to mean they get the same sdc, hp, isp, and ppe the host has at the time of duplication.

My question is: What if you have multiple selves as well? What penalties does the host suffer when one of his clones has to regenerate after "dying." After 48 hours inside the host a clone is completely restored without any lingering effects. Everytime a clone dies permanantly the host suffers permanent effects. In this case the clone isn't completely dead, but is losing a level which has to have some sort of effect on the host.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Look. It's a major power fer crissakes.

If the PC's is sending his mook-educated streetkid self to school and ergo sacraficing part of his major power to do so, then let him pick up the skills. (of course if that's an excuse to for the chacaracter to pick up a heap of comabt and athletic skills then kick him to the curb)

and if he's packed with multiple selves and multiple lives then kudos to him. His dead dupliactes ressurect themselves, and then cease to be when reabsorbed. I don't see what the problem would be at that rate. after all Thats 2 major powers, and several realistic/ old schoolers remember when that was a big thing to have. I say let someone with this combo catch a break.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

If a player takes Multiple Selves and Multiple Lives, then let them partially get around the penalty. Keep track of all copies, and lives lost on each. But, you don't want to limit them too much. Taking two majors for that reason is giving up a serious amount of power, especially with the physically altering power rule from HU2. There are many things you lose out on. Power combinations can really make a char worth playing. If they insist, let them. The game is always about the players.
sinestus
Adventurer

Unread post by sinestus »

Iczer wrote:If the PC's is sending his mook-educated streetkid self to school and ergo sacraficing part of his major power to do so, then let him pick up the skills. (of course if that's an excuse to for the chacaracter to pick up a heap of comabt and athletic skills then kick him to the curb)

i don't see how the player could justify physical skills, as alterations to the clone's body don't seem to be incorperated to the origional when re-absorbed, just the expieriences (mental changes, not physical, basically)...

as for doing this while making enemies...
depending on when the character developes the power this might not be an issue.. .
imagine a kid developing the power and realizing it's use...
he aces all his classes by using the clones to study constantly...
nails full-ride scholarships at a handful of universities...
then graduates (before becoming a hero) with multiple degrees of the bat...
thus basically scoring himself (since i usually only let starting PCs have a max level around 4...) 5 x the "Masters Degree" education level...
or at least the ability to pick and choose which education levels to score from...

he could easilly have one do police training, another the advanced education, and another whatever works... while the core simply focuses on physical programs....

doesn't matter what the other powers are, so long as he keeps a low profile until he finiches all the education he wants...
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Looking back over the power description it says, "Each duplicate is at the same experience level as the original was at the moment they were created and do not grow in experience independently. Nor does the original gain any experience from his duplicates."

Now obviously you couldn't gain levels from your clones that way, but I could see allowing a PC to gain a skill by assigning a clone to do nothing but study a particular subject over a sufficiently long amount of time("Hey Beta, go learn to pilot that motorcycle over there..."). Of course, that means said clone won't be available for anything else, so hope you don't need to rely on him/it for anything else.

Like a lot of other things, this idea has both upsides and downsides.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Uncle Servo wrote:Looking back over the power description it says, "Each duplicate is at the same experience level as the original was at the moment they were created and do not grow in experience independently. Nor does the original gain any experience from his duplicates."

Now obviously you couldn't gain levels from your clones that way, but I could see allowing a PC to gain a skill by assigning a clone to do nothing but study a particular subject over a sufficiently long amount of time("Hey Beta, go learn to pilot that motorcycle over there..."). Of course, that means said clone won't be available for anything else, so hope you don't need to rely on him/it for anything else.

Like a lot of other things, this idea has both upsides and downsides.

..It also says that level deal goes only for Multiples at every other level. At every level they are one level lower than the primary.

-Mike >8]

..Allowing the Alter body/Alter physical apperance power in conjunction; whole group is really one guy...
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

MADMANMIKE wrote:..Allowing the Alter body/Alter physical apperance power in conjunction; whole group is really one guy...

Oooooooo... now that's something I hadn't thought of before. That's a really clever idea.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”