N&Ss Crossover...

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

N&Ss Crossover...

Unread post by pblackcrow »

I have a player who would like to join the game...He would like to bring a character from N&Ss into the game. I have no problem with it, but how do I do his freeking skills? :P
Ankh, udja, seneb.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Try this: Say to the guy, "You have a lot of skills." See if that works.

Or are you asking about the difference (if any) in skill percents/bonuses?

/i bruise easily
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

acreRake wrote:Try this: Say to the guy, "You have a lot of skills." See if that works.

Or are you asking about the difference (if any) in skill percents/bonuses?

/i bruise easily

:evil: Hold still... :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: ... I feel MUCH better now. :lol: :demon:

Anyway, no, I am asking how to convert the skills programs and martial arts stuff to fit him into BtS. And I have 1 character from HU, but she just has 3 minor powers. She was easy to do and work in, she was a cloning experiment of E.T.'s that the players came across. It worked out perfectly. This is a pain to try to figure out how to do his skills with what he has selected. Oh well, guess I will let him have all of this stuff. Heck, might as well! But how to work him in to the plot? Um, he is Chinese, lives in Hong Kong. I know. He is a replacement sent by the agentcy. Perfect, logical, and it works out for the plot. OKAY. I am set.

At times I just need to discuss stuff with someone to work out a mess.
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Unread post by Guest »

pblackcrow wrote: :evil: Hold still... :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: ... I feel MUCH better now. :lol: :demon:

Anyway, no, I am asking how to convert the skills programs and martial arts stuff to fit him into BtS. And I have 1 character from HU, but she just has 3 minor powers. She was easy to do and work in, she was a cloning experiment of E.T.'s that the players came across. It worked out perfectly. This is a pain to try to figure out how to do his skills with what he has selected. Oh well, guess I will let him have all of this stuff. Heck, might as well! But how to work him in to the plot? Um, he is Chinese, lives in Hong Kong. I know. He is a replacement sent by the agentcy. Perfect, logical, and it works out for the plot. OKAY. I am set.

At times I just need to discuss stuff with someone to work out a mess.

Heh, reduce them to 2-4 skill programs, with a martial art style being equivalent to three skill programs. Of course, you could always come up with some new BTS-based skill programs if you wanted to go the other way and increase the number of skills available to those under-educated BTS-2 characters.

Martial Arts is even easier to convert, just port it over and remember that Chi and ISP/psionics aren't the same thing and don't interact. Of course, if you want Psychic Martial Artists there's a whole different way you could go.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I had run combinations of BtS and N&SS in the past, and had no problems with mixing the characters together.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Zylo wrote:From what I've seen playing BTS2, you should just be able to port over a N&S character with no problem. Just use the skills from the BTS2 book for percentages and bonuses, unless the character is already made, the try to find a happy medium. Characters in BTS2 sure seem tougher than the first edition, so a straight martial artists shouldn't be that unbalancing, even though the skill bonuses from N&S are far better. Just leave any chi abilities the way they are, no multipliers like BTS2, and it should work. If he has too many skills, just think of it like he has so many, only half will ever get used. :)

I ran a long game (over 5 years real time) that had N&S characters mixed with BTS and Nightbane. It was a great game, so have fun with it!

Of course, the best balancer for martial arts characters is that using BtS, there are creatures who aren't affected by physical means, and not every martial artist will have Chi powers.
Nothing like a fourth level Jujutsu master facing a Werewolf, or a Tectonic Entity.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Gallahan
Adventurer

Unread post by Gallahan »

Yeah... You sort of have to weigh the former system's strengths versus your current system's weaknesses. Strike a balance and let the player group determine what *feels* best, but NOT at the expense of the game. The enjoyment of the game is what is important here, and never let crossover rules ruin your fun.
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”