Urban Jungle Warfare...

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mike Taylor

Re: Urban Jungle Warfare...

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

In my updated timeline at NMI's website, I cover a certain well-known board drunk and his battle in Sac-Town.

http://home.insightbb.com/~nmi/systems_ ... meline.htm
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Umm, you mean FreeBOOTERs.
winkleried

Unread post by winkleried »

mattling wrote:Anybody ever run a campaign that centered around urban combat in a Bugtown? That is, a tiny group of horribly outnumbered guerillas who strike at the Bugs even in the center of their holds? A group operating out of the New York City Subway system, for example. Something like Stalingrad meets the Gaza Strip.

I am working on one using historical information about the battle for Stalingrad, the siege of Budapest, the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, Vicksburg,Cu Chi and more recently what is happening in Iraq, Gaza,Afghanastan and what happened in New Orleans. ( What ya didn't hear about on the news)

The way I am leaning is a over time a meduim sized group of survivors and there families have managed to carve out a section in the old underground of the city. the group is a little unstable leadership wise cause you have a ruling faction comprosed of Clergy,Former Law enforcement and Martial artists each with thier own idea of how things need to be done but being smart enough to know that with out the others everything crumbles.
They are big enough to repel most scavangers and warlords and have attracted most of the surviving members of some reenactment groups and martial arts schools with thier equipment.

This is just a brief outline and incorparates ideas from N&SS,RR,PFRPG.
Adaptable to BTS And NB.
Looks like I have a group of characters intrested in playing this and planning on trying to break them in tonight using the recon rules. Most of these guys have never played a RPG with modern Firearms before and i want to see how they will do before I turn them loose on this scenario.

Bug raids are going to be minimal. as all guerilla army advoid contact when the enemy is strong. There will be attacks on zombies and Splatterpunks.In addition I plan on some sort of defense against rival gangs.

The plan is for a very realistic,Very gritty, very stressfull game that in return should be a whole lot of fun.
I have found that the more difficult the game is the more the group of players I was a part of enjoyed them. We just lost or very controling GM and they are looking at branching out a bit so we will see what happens.

Marc Adkins

Return to “Systems Failure™”