unable to find a definitive answer on a few things

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pibew84514
Newb

unable to find a definitive answer on a few things

Unread post by pibew84514 »

So I have seen a few posts about tattoo magic but have been unable to find a definitive answer on a few things. Under the undead slayer it lists marks of heritage, then goes on to state a flaming weapon and anti vampire tats as part of the starting abilities (after already saying marks of heritage). Is this infact a typo/misprint? If so what should be the total starting number of tattoos for the class. Additionally it has a bow and arrows listed that are flaming and have wings. How does the community feel they should be priced for PPE? I can see it being either 30 or 32 depending on how you read it. Finally is there an official errata for the Rifts books available? I know there is the cutting room floor plus this forum, but a more consolidated list of eratta would be more user friendly.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: unable to find a definitive answer on a few things

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

ALL (of age) true atlanians have the Marks of Heritage. All other tattoos from the Undead Hunter class are in addtion to the Marks of Heritage. If they listed ALL the taoos a US gets, then they would list the Marks of Heritage with the rest of the tattoos.

Errata was published in the Rifters. The cuttingroom floor is a bunch of posted optional texts that PB did not see fit to publish in a game book to make them official.

The only text there that I remember that is oficial is the errata from RUE 1st printing that was corrected in the 2nd printing for those that bought the 1st printing.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: unable to find a definitive answer on a few things

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

pibew84514 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:21 pm So I have seen a few posts about tattoo magic but have been unable to find a definitive answer on a few things. Under the undead slayer it lists marks of heritage, then goes on to state a flaming weapon and anti vampire tats as part of the starting abilities (after already saying marks of heritage). Is this in fact a typo/misprint? If so what should be the total starting number of tattoos for the class. Additionally it has a bow and arrows listed that are flaming and have wings. How does the community feel they should be priced for PPE? I can see it being either 30 or 32 depending on how you read it. Finally is there an official errata for the Rifts books available? I know there is the cutting room floor plus this forum, but a more consolidated list of erratta would be more user friendly.
Welcome to the forum, pibew84514!

That tattoo-oriented True Atlantean classes list the Marks of Heritage is just a little bit of redundancy.

A bow tattoo defaults to having 4 arrows. This can be seen in the descriptions of SDC weapon tattoos and that of the Undead Slayer in both World Book 2 and Dimension Book 15. World Book 21's T-Archer's Power Bow would also also include 4 arrows, but any subsequent modifiers such as Wings count as a separate tattoo for the 6 simultaneous activation cap. The Undead Slayer's Bow/Crossbow with 4 arrows/quarrels, in flames, and with wings, costs 30 PPE to activate and counts as a single tattoo.

The errata published in the Cutting Room Floor is no less official than that found elsewhere, artificial distinctions notwithstanding. The idea of unofficial errata is definitionally nonsensical. Consider, should PB choose to consolidate their errata, either prior to or in lieu of edits made to future editions of works, where it would be presented. Certainly not in the Rifter, having been reduced to roughly annually, and where much of the errata would be either reprinted or edited from its original Q&A format into something more space efficient.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”