Vampires: Nocturnal Predators

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlanGunhouse
Champion

Vampires: Nocturnal Predators

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

If Vampires are nocturnal supernatural predators who hunt for blood, why do they not level have Night Vision on their list of natural abilities? They probably should also have a keen sense of smell, but no night vision is senseless.
Grazzik
Adventurer

Re: Vampires: Nocturnal Predators

Unread post by Grazzik »

WB1r pg 27 right side of the page under "Nightvision"... vampires have excellent nightvision capabilities
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Grazzik wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:26 pm WB1r pg 27 right side of the page under "Nightvision"... vampires have excellent nightvision capabilities
I assume you mean Revised edition, I currently only have the originals. How good is "excellent"?
Grazzik
Adventurer

Unread post by Grazzik »

AlanGunhouse wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:38 pm
Grazzik wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:26 pm WB1r pg 27 right side of the page under "Nightvision"... vampires have excellent nightvision capabilities
I assume you mean Revised edition, I currently only have the originals. How good is "excellent"?
Yes, 1600ft in total darkness, no ambient light required. Vampires were substantially changed in many ways in the revised version. It can be confusing if you don't specify which book you are using - the original WB1, the revised WB1, the Vampire Sourcebook or any of the other PB books you may use that stat out vampires.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Grazzik wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:45 pm
Yes, 1600ft in total darkness, no ambient light required. Vampires were substantially changed in many ways in the revised version. It can be confusing if you don't specify which book you are using - the original WB1, the revised WB1, the Vampire Sourcebook or any of the other PB books you may use that stat out vampires.
Thank you. Simplifies things.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

AlanGunhouse wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:20 pm
In the Original WB1 Vampire Kingdom Pg. 26, first column under "Abilities Natural to all vampires" the second ability is nightvisiion. The next ability is smell blood. It is also mention, although without specific range, on pages 14 and 15 under the natural abilities of the master. secondary, and wild vampires.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Warshield73 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:17 pm
AlanGunhouse wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:20 pm
In the Original WB1 Vampire Kingdom Pg. 26, first column under "Abilities Natural to all vampires" the second ability is nightvisiion. The next ability is smell blood. It is also mention, although without specific range, on pages 14 and 15 under the natural abilities of the master. secondary, and wild vampires.
Ah, did not read far enough it seems.

My real question was about Nightbane Wampyrs and how many of the natural vampire abilities they share (or lack).

Return to “Rifts®”