Danzi Characters

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Borast
Champion

Danzi Characters

Unread post by Borast »

Specifically, the Shamans... :?

Is there anywhere that anyone knows where the skills are laid out in a non-confusing manner?
The shamans are confusing as all get out as written in the East book. (i.e.: does each type of shaman have 6 separate sub-classes? Or are the "OCC Related Skills" listed beside each 'option' simply an attempt to explain why the shaman has the bonus to that skill if taken?)

I've seen some confusing crap in various books (sorry Kev! lol), but this one takes the cake. Did someone's point notes on the race / class make it through editing unchanged? Wouldn't be the biggest oopsie I've heard of, but still...

Thanks in advance.

My wandering shaman awaits! ;)
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Danzi Characters

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There are no sub-classes.

The reason, that I could make out is, for what would be normally OCC skills being OCCRelated skills, is that the "shaman" class as it is written is more like a huge MOS and stacks as an addition to the Racial Skills of the Danzi "race's" cultural/'way of life' skills set.

So the build process, as I see it, is to make a normal Danzi. And then add the Shaman type you chose to the Danzi you just made.

"I've seen some confusing crap in various books (sorry Kev! lol),"
yep, par for the course. But some of it due to the grade level changes in the canon text and not everyone can follow the higher grade level text as written. A good example of this is the Mind Block psi power text. To say there have been arguments would be putting it in a british way of saying things. Where the high grade level reader was punished for not changing to the house rules others presented as if they were canon on these boards. Because to the high level reader the meaning of the text was clear as day to that reader.

But I digressed...
Have fun building your char, and playing it.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Danzi Characters

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I didn't find it confusing. But then I am used to complicated character builds.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”