Concealment of Conceal

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

EltonRobb
Wanderer

Re: Concealment of Conceal

Unread post by EltonRobb »

Smiling_Bandit wrote:Just a quick verification so as to not let it percolate in the back of my mind. So we have the Concealment skill (GMG pg. 71) which makes sense to me, no question there. Now we shift our focus to Naruni Wave Two (pg. 51). The issue that gives me pause is in the Robot Combat & Piloting block of text. One of the entries is a +15% bonus to Prowl and (here's the meat of the issue) +5% to Conceal.

Is there a conceal skill, or just saving a couple keystrokes off of Concealment?

Smiling_Bandit - Also had trouble with survival packs

I think concealment is the one referenced.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Concealment of Conceal

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Smiling_Bandit wrote:Just a quick verification so as to not let it percolate in the back of my mind. So we have the Concealment skill (GMG pg. 71) which makes sense to me, no question there. Now we shift our focus to Naruni Wave Two (pg. 51). The issue that gives me pause is in the Robot Combat & Piloting block of text. One of the entries is a +15% bonus to Prowl and (here's the meat of the issue) +5% to Conceal.

Is there a conceal skill, or just saving a couple keystrokes off of Concealment?

Smiling_Bandit - Also had trouble with survival packs

I'll just overthink this, and step up to defend what is likely a typo:

"Prowl" is the verb for when you use the "Prowl" skill.
"Conceal" is the verb for when you use the "Concealment" skill.

So it's grammatically correct if the bonuses are not to the specific skills, but to the actions.

It's not a "+15% bonus to the Prowl Skill" or to the "Concealment Skill," but to the action.
Which would mean that if you're trying to prowl or conceal, but do NOT have the skill, you'd still get the bonus.

If you have a PP of 15, for example, you could default the skill check at 30% (15 from PP, 15 from this bonus).
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “Rifts®”