question about magic

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

question about magic

Unread post by ZINO »

Ok here goes
if a supernatural being has the ability to turn invisible (not a spell) and use magic spell ( we are not talking about a god minor or major here) and step into a Anti Magic cloud .
here the question do supernatural being becomes visible and not able to make spell while in the anti magic cloud?
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: question about magic

Unread post by Library Ogre »

IMO, yes to both, unless the ability were specifically defined not to be magical.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Library Ogre wrote:IMO, yes to both, unless the ability were specifically defined not to be magical.

all magic abilities/spells
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

ZINO wrote:Ok here goes
if a supernatural being has the ability to turn invisible (not a spell) and use magic spell ( we are not talking about a god minor or major here) and step into a Anti Magic cloud .
here the question do supernatural being becomes visible and not able to make spell while in the anti magic cloud?

The natural ability to turn invisible is not effected.
It is similar to the situation of having a superability as a nat. ability, it can't be negated by 'negate super-abilities' powers.
(note: natural invisibility powers are equivalent to invis.: simple in effects.)

Having a natural ability to cast 'spell magic', the spell effects are blocked, as per the AMC rules.
If the effects are produced by a natural ability, and not described as magic, then they follow the rules according to them being nat. abilities.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

The natural ability to turn invisible at will is stated to be the same as the spell invisibility simple.

While a natural ability of a Supernatural race it still a magic affect. So will be affected.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

soooo what for example the Brodkil ? where would they be at if within a Anti Magic cloud?

Return to “Rifts®”