Whatever happened to Robot Control

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ardashir
Wanderer

Whatever happened to Robot Control

Unread post by ardashir »

By which I mean the group from the Rifts Mercenaries book. It says in later books that Naruni Enterprises were chased off-world temporarily by the CS, and I've read a passing remark here and there implying that RC was wiped out or is just gone. But has anything concrete ever been said about their fate and what became of their members?

I've got this idea that Captain Chen ended up taken back to the Three Galaxies by her Naruni 'pals' where she gets converted into a Repo-Bot.
darthauthor
Hero

Re: Whatever happened to Robot Control

Unread post by darthauthor »

I have seen nothing in Cannon.

I used then once in an adventure in the high tech city of Nemus.

Basically I killed most of them off except their leadership who scattered and disappeared.

You are the story-telling GM. Do with them as you will.
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

i vaugely recall reading that the company is disbanded due to losing their naruni backing and the remaining forces might be forming a new-smaller merc unit as a result.
ardashir
Wanderer

Unread post by ardashir »

Darthauthor, Orin J, thanks for the answers. I liked a lot of the mercenary groups that showed up in Rifts Mercenaries and The Juicer Uprising, and it bugs me that aside from Larsen's Brigade and the Juicer Liberation Army we never heard anything about them again.
Sohisohi
Explorer

Unread post by Sohisohi »

ardashir wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:12 pmBy which I mean the group from the Rifts Mercenaries book. It says in later books that Naruni Enterprises were chased off-world temporarily by the CS, and I've read a passing remark here and there implying that RC was wiped out or is just gone. But has anything concrete ever been said about their fate and what became of their members?

I've got this idea that Captain Chen ended up taken back to the Three Galaxies by her Naruni 'pals' where she gets converted into a Repo-Bot.
I thought that the Black Market betrayed them; either to the CS or to get rid of the competition, probably both. Can't remember which book tho, lost most of my collection during covid. If I recall correctly, it has something to do with the CS bounty on all alien tech. Either "CS" bounty hunters whipped them off the planet and/or the black marker thought carrying alien tech was too hot (didn't want attention from cs and maybe they didn't like the competition).

This is either mentioned in the NE book, BM book, or one of the CS books. . . Can't remember tho

Return to “Rifts®”