Question about the Dryad

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

TanisdeTagu
D-Bee

Question about the Dryad

Unread post by TanisdeTagu »

The Dryad seams under powered compared to the Herbalist or the other woodland Druids. Was there any Erata for Rifts England?

This is for an NPC that has hired the players character to guard/help gather herbs in the wilds north of Lazo, so its more curiosity for myself than anything else. Plus any Riftter with additional Herbal magic in it?
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: Question about the Dryad

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

There isn't errata or Rifter article, sorry. I've been wanting to put together a Herbalism index for Africa, which even were I efficient would be slow going.

Note the Herbalist can't made wands or staves.

The Dryad gets the best bonus on Mystic Herbology. In a optimistic sense they gather what Mystics and helpful others they can find around a ley line and make a Wand or two at dawn or noon. You might check out the Mysteries of Magic book in Palladium Fantasy, which gives a total on PPE savable for ritual use, or just handwave it.

People have talked before about how to use Palladium Druids in a more high powered game. I'm enamored with just combining classes: pick the special abilities from the Beastmaster or Druid out of Palladium Fantasy, or the Millennium or Psi-Druid from Rifts, alongside a Woodland choice. Give the skills a once over.
TanisdeTagu
D-Bee

Re: Question about the Dryad

Unread post by TanisdeTagu »

Curbludgeon wrote:Note the Herbalist can't made wands or staves.

That is what makes the Dryad unique and the most powerful of the Herbal magic classes. Thanks, did not actual reread the full descriptions of the Herbalist or the other woodland druids.

Return to “Rifts®”