The Way of Fenris Campaign

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

EltonRobb
Wanderer

The Way of Fenris Campaign

Unread post by EltonRobb »

Greetings!

In order to playtest the Lone Star book (and by extension Spirit West and New West) I started a campaign on Roll20 to run Mondays at 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm MDT/MST. Here's the blurb:

"You are a dog boy, wolfen, kankoran, or coyle on Earth at the time of Rifts. The setting is the New West of North America, and you are apart of the all canine mercenary company known as Fenris. Your job is to traverse the New West. We will be using RIFTS 30th Anniversary edition (or the 1990 edition), Lone Star, New West, and Spirit West. We will also be using Conversion Book 1 (revised).

"You may create your character using the Dog Pack R.C.C., the Wolfen, Coyle, and Kankoran races (or species). You also may choose any O.C.C. You are part of a mercenary company --- an adventurer in the New West.

"You may generate your characters by rolling 4d6 8 times - drop lowest total up the rest and arrange to taste. Adding an additional die as required. You may choose any O.C.C. or Dog Pack R.C.C. from Rifts or Lone Star. Since I'm testing Lone Star. YOU WILL NOT BE APART OF THE COALITION!"

Sounds fun. I'm taking suggestions, and I'm taking four players to form the mercenary company.
darthauthor
Hero

Re: The Way of Fenris Campaign

Unread post by darthauthor »

Cool!
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

EltonRobb wrote:"You may generate your characters by rolling 4d6 8 times - drop lowest total up the rest and arrange to taste. Adding an additional die as required. You may choose any O.C.C. or Dog Pack R.C.C. from Rifts or Lone Star. Since I'm testing Lone Star. YOU WILL NOT BE APART OF THE COALITION!"

A couple notes, here, about the copy:

"You may generate your characters by rolling 4d6 8 times - drop lowest total up the rest and arrange to taste." - This is confusing to me. A comma between "lowest" and "total" would help, or moving "8 times" to after "total up the rest" would be better copy.

"rolling 4d6 8 times - drop lowest, total up the rest, and arrange to taste"
or
"rolling 4d6 8 times, drop lowest, total up the rest 8 times, and arrange to taste."

"YOU WILL NOT BE APART OF THE COALITION!" Need a space in "a part". As written, you could interpret "of" as "from" and it reads "You will not be apart [from] the Coalition." "Of" would be awkward wording there, but no more awkward than combining "a part" into "apart".
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
EltonRobb
Wanderer

Unread post by EltonRobb »

Library Ogre wrote:
EltonRobb wrote:"You may generate your characters by rolling 4d6 8 times - drop lowest total up the rest and arrange to taste. Adding an additional die as required. You may choose any O.C.C. or Dog Pack R.C.C. from Rifts or Lone Star. Since I'm testing Lone Star. YOU WILL NOT BE APART OF THE COALITION!"

A couple notes, here, about the copy:

"You may generate your characters by rolling 4d6 8 times - drop lowest total up the rest and arrange to taste." - This is confusing to me. A comma between "lowest" and "total" would help, or moving "8 times" to after "total up the rest" would be better copy.

"rolling 4d6 8 times - drop lowest, total up the rest, and arrange to taste"
or
"rolling 4d6 8 times, drop lowest, total up the rest 8 times, and arrange to taste."

"YOU WILL NOT BE APART OF THE COALITION!" Need a space in "a part". As written, you could interpret "of" as "from" and it reads "You will not be apart [from] the Coalition." "Of" would be awkward wording there, but no more awkward than combining "a part" into "apart".

Okay, does this sound better?

"You may generate your characters by rolling 4d6 8 times - drop lowest die, total up the rest, and arrange to taste. Adding an additional die as required. You may choose any O.C.C. or Dog Pack R.C.C. from Rifts or Lone Star. Since I'm testing Lone Star. YOU WILL NOT BE A PART OF THE COALITION!"

Okay, I used this: rolling 4d6 8 times, drop lowest, total up the rest 8 times, and arrange to taste.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Yup. Works better.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Rifts®”