Necromancer and Dog Boys Bones

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Necromancer and Dog Boys Bones

Unread post by darthauthor »

What powers and sense abilities, IF any, could a Necromancer get from Dog Boy Bones?

Personally I forgot if the book said anything about it anywhere.
I recall something about a Dragon's skull and things like that.
Don't remember if they got spells.

Basically, IF it has any value, to me, it would be in the Dog Boys ability to Senses magic, psychics, and supernatural (maybe track by scent)
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Necromancer and Dog Boys Bones

Unread post by eliakon »

Offiically nothing.
Unofficially if the GM wants to make more bones useful they can start assigning properties to bones pretty much as they please.
note that "union with the dead" and an actual dogs nose (or better the entire snout) would be a different story entirely...
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

I agree other than the ability to use dead limbs to "morph" an existing limb into the equivalent or "add" an extra limb to their body, they aren't going to get anything special per say.

Now Dinosaur bones (WB26 pg100-1) suggest that you might get some assorted bonuses and abilities, but there is nothing specific to Dog Boys on what IF ANYTHING you might get.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Because they are natural abilities, I'd be inclined to add some powers if you were using the head. The limbs of a dog boy are mostly just limbs; you might pick up some claws or something. But the head, where the nose is located? That's got something special, and I wouldn't see it as unreasonable that a necromancer gets a ghost[sup]1[/sup] of that.

1 Pun Owned.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”