Demons fire resistance/immunity

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SpartacusDaddd
D-Bee

Demons fire resistance/immunity

Unread post by SpartacusDaddd »

Ok, so I’m having a hard time figuring this one out. Demons seem to all either be resistant or immune to fire even magical and MD fire.

How does that play out against lasers, plasma etc. I know I read somewhere that they would be immune to plasma, but what about lasers? Ion cannons etc?

Trying to figure out if this resistance is holy crap or just a minor thing. Thanks!
hup7
Wanderer

Re: Demons fire resistance/immunity

Unread post by hup7 »

"Impervious to Fire and Heat
This power makes the character totally impervious to fire, including magical and mega-damage plasma, fire, and heat. No damage. But lasers and other energy attacks inflict full damage."

This is from the Conversion Book, talking about the super power. I know lasers / heat is mentioned elsewhere as well, but not sure where at the moment.

Talk to your GM, there are usually some house rules on how it is taken. AFAIK most go with plasma IS fire/heat, laser is NOT fire/heat, nor are particle or ion weapons.

Personally, if you are immune to fire/heat IMHO you are immune to lasers and plasma, but not particle or ion weapons.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

SpartacusDaddd wrote:Ok, so I’m having a hard time figuring this one out. Demons seem to all either be resistant or immune to fire even magical and MD fire.

How does that play out against lasers, plasma etc. I know I read somewhere that they would be immune to plasma, but what about lasers? Ion cannons etc?

Trying to figure out if this resistance is holy crap or just a minor thing. Thanks!

In palladium terms:

Plasma is considered Fire-element, Lasers are considered Light-element, ion-beams are considered Lightning-element, and Particle Beams are considered Typeless energy.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
SpartacusDaddd
D-Bee

Unread post by SpartacusDaddd »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
SpartacusDaddd wrote:Ok, so I’m having a hard time figuring this one out. Demons seem to all either be resistant or immune to fire even magical and MD fire.

In palladium terms:

Plasma is considered Fire-element, Lasers are considered Light-element, ion-beams are considered Lightning-element, and Particle Beams are considered Typeless energy.

Where did you find this information?
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

SpartacusDaddd wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

In palladium terms:

Where did you find this information?

She's read the books over a period of decades, and summed it up for you rather elegantly.

She is correct.

There's no one place that spells this out, but there ARE countless places that refer to Protection From Fire stuff protecting against plasma, a number of places that refer to Ion Beams as being the equivalent of electric attacks (RMB TW conversion for Ion Beams, for example, creates a Lightning Blaster), and places in the books (like RMB Supernatural Creature tables in the back) that describe vulnerability to Light as including lasers.
Particle Beams can--according to HU2 or HU2 GMG, I forget which--damage characters with the Invulnerability super power, even though it makes them impervious to Energy Attacks. The author of the book explained on the forums at one point (or multiple points) that this is because a particle beam is "basically disintegration."
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

In palladium terms:

NS has summed it up better than just about anybody.

Agrees with KC's summation of the how NS came to this conclusion.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Thanks you two! :D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Thanks you two! :D

you're welcome.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Thanks you two! :D

you're welcome.

I call ‘em like I see ‘em.
:bandit:
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “Rifts®”