Entities VS Vampires and their mind slaves

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Entities VS Vampires and their mind slaves

Unread post by darthauthor »

So its a vampire and his mind slave vs a possessing entity or other entity.

1. Can a vampire see an entity?

2. Can a vampire bite or punch an entity?

3. How about the entity punching a vampire?

The way I see it they are both supernatural so I imagine they could harm each other.

I honest don't know what an entity would see if it looked at a vampire. They feed off of PPE and maybe ISP so a vampire has that.

4. Would a vampire and an entity see each other as rivals or the same? to be eliminated or team up?

5. What would a vampire do if his minion was attacked by an entity?

I believe vampire mind slaves are immune to possession because they are sort of already possessed by their vampire master. Still I don't believe a mind slave can hurt an entity in any way other than magic, magic weapons, and psionics.

6. And last question. Can an entity, if order to, hunt, sense, and find a vampire's grave/resting place and dig him up to expose them to sunlight?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Entities VS Vampires and their mind slaves

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

darthauthor wrote:So its a vampire and his mind slave vs a possessing entity or other entity.

1. Can a vampire see an entity?

2. Can a vampire bite or punch an entity?

3. How about the entity punching a vampire?

The way I see it they are both supernatural so I imagine they could harm each other.

I honest don't know what an entity would see if it looked at a vampire. They feed off of PPE and maybe ISP so a vampire has that.

4. Would a vampire and an entity see each other as rivals or the same? to be eliminated or team up?

5. What would a vampire do if his minion was attacked by an entity?

I believe vampire mind slaves are immune to possession because they are sort of already possessed by their vampire master. Still I don't believe a mind slave can hurt an entity in any way other than magic, magic weapons, and psionics.

6. And last question. Can an entity, if order to, hunt, sense, and find a vampire's grave/resting place and dig him up to expose them to sunlight?

1. Only with see the invisible psionic and only if active.

2. No. Entities are not tangible. Supernatural strength is irrelevant, it does not give the ability to hit the intangible.

3. With what? It has no substance. A tectonic entity could if it makes a body, but only a wood or silver body would actually hurt a vampire.

If you mean, if the entity was possessing someone, then also no, because nothing in the possessing entity writeup indicates that it grants supernatural strength to the person being possessed. They are only in their mind, not in their fists.

4. Neither. They'd make rational case by case analysis of the situation like any other sentient being. They don't have any instinctive reaction to each-other.

5. They are by no means immune or even unusually resistant to possession.

By the same token, the entity itself is by no means resistant to mind control, so there's nothing stopping a vampire from just mind controlling the possessing entity.

6. No. Entities have no ability to sense a vampires grave. In fact they have no ability to sense the supernatural at all. They have no special senses.

TL:DR: Entities don't have any abilities that are not actually listed in their writeup.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
darthauthor
Hero

Hey Nekira,

Seems thorough but . . .

In World Book One : Vampire Kingdom Revised

"Powers of the Mind Slave: The link between vampire and Mind Slave is greater than people realize, giving the Mind Slave additional powers and bonuses; as follows.

• +8 to save vs disease, heals twice as fast than normal for his species, and is
"impervious to possession" (in a way he is already possessed by the vampire).
Last edited by darthauthor on Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
darthauthor
Hero

I did a little more reading.

vampires can: see in the dark but not the invisible.
Also, Presence Sense (4), Empathy (4), Sense Evil (2)
Smell blood.

BUT nothing indicates that they can see an entity any better than anyone else.

I imagined that they could punch an entity because a vampire I imagined that a vampire is a supernatural (evil) being but I guess that does not qualify as a MAGIC attack.
So no dice there.

Vampires need blood to feed but I am not SURE an entity can or cannot feed off the PPE of vampire.

Entities do seem like they can sense PPE and attack for it
"Stealing psychic energy: Each attempt to draw on another person's
I.S.P. or P.P.E. is considered a psionic attack and the intended victim
must roll to save vs psionic attack."

SO IF I were an entity and could not be harmed by a vampire while the vampire had PPE and ISP I would probably feed off of the vampire. If I understood that the vampire feed and maybe killed humans from who I delighted in tormenting and feeding off of I would probably consider the vampire are rival.

I'm an entity. So I'm like a human hunter who enjoys toying with my prey and feeding off of them.
The vampire seems like a wolf to me who is killing my game (or beating me to it). I suppose I don't mind if their are plenty to play with but if vampire killed my favorite human to torment I might take it personal.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

darthauthor wrote:Hey Nekira,

Seems thorough but . . .

In World Book One : Vampire Kingdom Revised

"Powthe Mind Slave: The link between vampire and Mind Slave is greater than people realize, giving the Mind Slave additional powers and bonuses; as follows.

• +8 to save vs disease, heals twice as fast than normal for his species, and is
"impervious to possession" (in a way he is already possessed by the vampire).

Welp, that teaches me to not double-check before posting.

Good catch!

And yes, Entities can sense PPE and ISP, but these are only loose proxies for sensing the supernatural--after all, if a supernatural being uses all or most of their PPE/ISP, they wouldn't stand out. Plus mortal psychics/mages would also stand out.

And sure, can be rivals. but so can two humans.

It really comes down to if they decide to compete over the herd or co-operate and split it. There's nothing forcing a rivaly if they have a reason to work togeather.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
darthauthor
Hero

Just to give credit where credit is due Nekita

1. You are "right" about see the invisible

2. "Right" about vampires not being able to harm entities.

3. Right about a vampire not being able to punch a vampire (unless it possesses a host).

4. You are right that a vampire and entity are no more likely to see each other as rivals than two humans.

5. I think you missed this one. A vampire would see their minion as theirs and defend or get revenge if an entity wounded or killed his mind slave.

6. You are "Right" about entities not hunting vampires.

Bonus: I never thought of an entity as vulnerable to mind control but you are RIGHT. They are vulnerable to magic AND psionics so mind control works

Return to “Rifts®”