Returning player from 25+ years. Have some robot creation ??

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

klumze
D-Bee

Returning player from 25+ years. Have some robot creation ??

Unread post by klumze »

My son wants to make a artifical intelligence character in a humanoid body. I cannot see anywhere in the rules where his ME, MA, PP, PB and IQ are listed for an artifical intelligence (Type 3 in a type 2 body). I noticed you can spend money for more PS and SPD but I dont even see baselines for these stats for this type of robot. Are they just rolled? I would at least guess the PP could be increased but cannot find it in the 2nd edition book for robotics.

Also regarding SDC and AR improvements. Does AR for this type of robot count as a natural AR in regards to having to roll a over the AR to even do any damage? The book didnt say again. It only references Super abilities.

Thanks for the help! Son wants to make a character like Zer0 from Borderlands 2 and I am stuck there trying to help!
Explorer
Comment: Eternally Sleepy

Re: Returning player from 25+ years. Have some robot creatio

Unread post by 1970 »

klumze wrote:My son wants to make a artifical intelligence character in a humanoid body. I cannot see anywhere in the rules where his ME, MA, PP, PB and IQ are listed for an artifical intelligence (Type 3 in a type 2 body). I noticed you can spend money for more PS and SPD but I dont even see baselines for these stats for this type of robot. Are they just rolled? I would at least guess the PP could be increased but cannot find it in the 2nd edition book for robotics.

Also regarding SDC and AR improvements. Does AR for this type of robot count as a natural AR in regards to having to roll a over the AR to even do any damage? The book didnt say again. It only references Super abilities.

Thanks for the help! Son wants to make a character like Zer0 from Borderlands 2 and I am stuck there trying to help!

The rules for Robots and stuff you're looking for are in the Heroes Unlimited GM's Guide, page 12.

The AR works just like natural AR, so you're correct.

Hope this helps you out.
Formless Faceless and Free
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Returning player from 25+ years. Have some robot creatio

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

ME...none. But also is not effected by mind altering psionics.
MA....None, It is all roleplay.
PB.....this is all artisitc sculpting. there are..somewhere in the PB game books...rules about getting artificial skin like outer fittings. maybe in the rifts bionics book.

Now if you made an Alien that is a artificial person (last type option of humanoid) you would just roll the 8 stats as normal. but there are no rules for 'upgrading' the body for that sort of AI.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”