Help me build a momano headhunter

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shadowdragon7
D-Bee

Help me build a momano headhunter

Unread post by Shadowdragon7 »

I want to make a Momano headhunter. I am thinking of picking the Pume race from the aliens book. And I am trying to decide to take the zapper or mind melter powers for the class? Which of them should I take and what TW cybernetics should I take? I am thinking of a hand and forearm TW cybernetics. my group will fight lots of demons, devils, and vampires.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: Help me build a momano headhunter

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

not familiar with the race, but I'd go with mind melter powers, more versatility. as to implants, well, any kind of magic hurts vampires, really, so go with elemental sword damage for whatever works best for the other bad stuff your killing. TW firearms might be best as well. though the drain on your ISP could be a problem.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
SpiritInterface
Hero

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

Momano? Please site a source or basis.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

SpiritInterface wrote:Momano? Please site a source or basis.

Momano Head Hunter is from Rifts Canda pg122-5 (-129 covers their TW Bionics).

Shadowdragon7 wrote:I want to make a Momano headhunter. I am thinking of picking the Pume race from the aliens book. And I am trying to decide to take the zapper or mind melter powers for the class? Which of them should I take and what TW cybernetics should I take? I am thinking of a hand and forearm TW cybernetics. my group will fight lots of demons, devils, and vampires.

Pume race? Can you cite the book title and page number please, not familiar with that race and I don't see it in D-Bees of NA.

As for which Psi-class to take w/n the Momano?...

While the Mind Melter is powerful, they are also said to be rare among the Momano HH. They also have the higher base ISP to start, but the Zapper does have access to Mind Bleeder powers and actually has better ISP regeneration. The MM can specifically be interpreted to have more penalties than a Zapper per the text (1/2 OCC skill bonuses, 1/2 ISP per level, drastically reduced power advancement, etc), though the text can also be seen as applying to all the Master Psychics on the list.

I would probably go with the Zapper of the two If I had to pick. They have better ISP regeneration, and some of their powers are also useful/better than stock MM powers. A MM w/Psi-body armor technically has more MDC after level 4 than a Zapper using their electrical aura as armor, but the Zapper's regenerates and is cheaper to cast. They have natural resistance to electricity (and other energy attacks have reduced effectiveness). Their mind bleeder powers aren't bad either (not saying a MM couldn't have something similar) if one is looking to capture/recover a target(s) rather than destroy them.
Shadowdragon7
D-Bee

Unread post by Shadowdragon7 »

ShadowLogan wrote:
SpiritInterface wrote:Momano? Please site a source or basis.

Momano Head Hunter is from Rifts Canda pg122-5 (-129 covers their TW Bionics).

Shadowdragon7 wrote:I want to make a Momano headhunter. I am thinking of picking the Pume race from the aliens book. And I am trying to decide to take the zapper or mind melter powers for the class? Which of them should I take and what TW cybernetics should I take? I am thinking of a hand and forearm TW cybernetics. my group will fight lots of demons, devils, and vampires.

Pume race? Can you cite the book title and page number please, not familiar with that race and I don't see it in D-Bees of NA.

As for which Psi-class to take w/n the Momano?...

While the Mind Melter is powerful, they are also said to be rare among the Momano HH. They also have the higher base ISP to start, but the Zapper does have access to Mind Bleeder powers and actually has better ISP regeneration. The MM can specifically be interpreted to have more penalties than a Zapper per the text (1/2 OCC skill bonuses, 1/2 ISP per level, drastically reduced power advancement, etc), though the text can also be seen as applying to all the Master Psychics on the list.

I would probably go with the Zapper of the two If I had to pick. They have better ISP regeneration, and some of their powers are also useful/better than stock MM powers. A MM w/Psi-body armor technically has more MDC after level 4 than a Zapper using their electrical aura as armor, but the Zapper's regenerates and is cheaper to cast. They have natural resistance to electricity (and other energy attacks have reduced effectiveness). Their mind bleeder powers aren't bad either (not saying a MM couldn't have something similar) if one is looking to capture/recover a target(s) rather than destroy them.

Pume is in the Aliens Unlimited pg. 101
And do the zapper get the same penalties as the Mind melter?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Yes the Zapper gets hit with penalties, they all do as a result of the implants. I'm not sure why Palladium put it in 2 places, but the penalties are noted above the random table in the paragraph with "Important Note" in bold.
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

ShadowLogan wrote:Yes the Zapper gets hit with penalties, they all do as a result of the implants. I'm not sure why Palladium put it in 2 places, but the penalties are noted above the random table in the paragraph with "Important Note" in bold.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your post, but based on my understanding of your text you are implying the mind melter penalties and the master psychic/psionic both apply to not just the mind melter, but also the other breeds of psionic? I don't see it.

The O.C.C. related and secondary halving penalties are clearly for all Master Psionics. However, the penalties listed along side the Mind Melter are also clearly for just the Mind Melter... and are such that I have trouble imagining why anyone would consider the combination for anything other than story.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Edit removed book Quote to be more inline w/forum rules.

Rifts WB20 Canda pg124 section #3 has two instances

The first instance doesn't make any exceptions for being a Master Psychic or any level of psychic abilities (Master, Major, Minor). So there is no real need for the Mind Melter to get special considerations. In fact Zappers, Bursters, and Nega-Psychic (which are available to a MHH) are ALL Master Psychics, just like the Mind Melter. So the bit about the Mind Melter can certainly be applied to them to ("This hybrid Master Psionic...") as they are all Master-level and would fit the description in the second instance.

Yes the second instance can be interpreted to apply only to the Mind Melter, but it can also be interpreted to apply to the other Master-level Psychics. Which one it is really would depend on the GM and/or any house rules in play.
Last edited by ShadowLogan on Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

ShadowLogan,

Please do not quote entire sections of copyrighted material.

Thanks,
Mack

The Forum Rules wrote:No part of Palladium's publications/books may be reproduced, in part or whole, in any form or by any means, without permission from the publisher, except for brief quotes for use in reviews. This means you may not ask to have rules posted or stats posted just because you don't own the book. If you want that info buy the book. You can post the rule from a book in answer to a question, but please be brief or paraphrase the rule. In short. Just stick to your rule in question. Do not post entire books or multiple pages, PDF files, artwork, etc. If someone is asking where a rule can be found, it is preferred that you post the book title, page number, and where on that page the information can be found, rather than quoting it out of the book in its entirety.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”