ISP and Copies/Multiple form Mutants

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

ISP and Copies/Multiple form Mutants

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Would ISP be divided up among the duplicates or would they have their own personal supply of ISP?
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: ISP and Copies/Multiple form Mutants

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Rimmerdal wrote:Would ISP be divided up among the duplicates or would they have their own personal supply of ISP?

If they had ISP to begin with, I'd assume that they'd each have their own.
Although I think it might be whatever the original had at the time of the duplication, not their max.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

This has been discussed before and there was no consensus about how things would work out.
Some were in favor of any mystic energies being divided and other were in favor of them being full up on them.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:This has been discussed before and there was no consensus about how things would work out.
Some were in favor of any mystic energies being divided and other were in favor of them being full up on them.

Do hit points, SDC, and/or MDC get divided up?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

The Beast wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:This has been discussed before and there was no consensus about how things would work out.

I do believe that the clone/other self having their full HP/SDC was not in dispute. Only the mystic power points were being discussed...argued over.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
The Beast

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
The Beast wrote:

I do believe that the clone/other self having their full HP/SDC was not in dispute. Only the mystic power points were being discussed...argued over.

The reason I'm asking is because if they don't get divided up, then neither should PPE or ISP.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

The Beast wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
The Beast wrote:

The reason I'm asking is because if they don't get divided up, then neither should PPE or ISP.

Then all of the mystical power would stay with the original or all of it would be transfer to the clone.
*shrugs*
There is no Canon Text covering any "Mystical Energies" and whether or not they are divided or otherwise.

On another note.
I don't really care too much, so long as the individual game's GM makes a ruling and is consistent in applying said ruling. Of course I would like to know what said ruling would be before deciding on my char thus not getting stuck with a char who's concept goes against the GM's ruling about said thing.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I could see them having slightly less ISP if you have the 1perLev option since 1 level lower could mean ~10 less ISP or however much.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Could use your dupes as extra PPE..for those cost heavy spells..Hmmm not a bad thought.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Rimmerdal wrote:Could use your dupes as extra PPE..for those cost heavy spells..Hmmm not a bad thought.

Instant cult for those ritual spells that require a group of people to cast them. Even better if you've Sorcerous Proficiencies from Nightbane for Group Casting and Ritual Spells.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Luckily the only way to start off with both spells and super-powers is to be a Mystic Bestowed.

There's also that bit in CB1 about super-powered guys having to be Adventurers, and not being Warriors/Mages. Although that could be interpreted as being about starting OCC, and the powers being tied to that, and not forbidding multiple OCCs.

IE you can have energy expulsion light as a vagabond and then learn to be a LLW, but if you're a 10th level LLW and a 2nd level Vagabond, your EE light would only be lvl 2.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Rimmerdal wrote:Could use your dupes as extra PPE..for those cost heavy spells..Hmmm not a bad thought.

In Naruto Shippudden, after he has learned how to be a 'Sage' he uses his his shadow clones to store and hold "sage energy" (it's been a while so take it with a grain of salt and fuzz over the bumps), so while he is fighting he can recharge himself with 'sage energy' when he recalls on of the shadow clones.
The why he does this is that the only way to charge up with 'sage energy is to be still-unmoving. Not something you can do in the middle of a fight.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

The Beast wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
The Beast wrote:

No the hp's / sdc's / mdc is not split up between the Multiple selves Power. Each has according to the full topped off hero/villain.

And after just now reading it, while responding to this post, I'm inclined to say that the dup's (as the book calls them) have their own ISP, which is 1 lvl amount lower, then the Original's.
The Beast

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

In Naruto Shippudden, after he has learned how to be a 'Sage' he uses his his shadow clones to store and hold "sage energy" (it's been a while so take it with a grain of salt and fuzz over the bumps), so while he is fighting he can recharge himself with 'sage energy' when he recalls on of the shadow clones.
The why he does this is that the only way to charge up with 'sage energy is to be still-unmoving. Not something you can do in the middle of a fight.

Hey hey hey hey hey. Spoilers there guy. Cartoon Network has finally picked up Disney XD's slack and started airing that anime again. Now I just gotta wait another year or so before they catch up to where I left off at. :badbad:
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

The Beast wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

Hey hey hey hey hey. Spoilers there guy. Cartoon Network has finally picked up Disney XD's slack and started airing that anime again. Now I just gotta wait another year or so before they catch up to where I left off at. :badbad:

Its on Hulu.
I'm only a week behind, because you have to have Hulu+ to get the very new'est ep.
Cours I'd rather watch it w/o the english dubs.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:In Naruto Shippudden, after he has learned...

Dude, edit in some spoiler tags around that stuff plox, some of us are on hiatus around the Orochimaru crystal witch filler saga ~ep 90 in Ship. Even the jutsu you mention is a pleasant surprise to whoever watches him learn it in the 1st ep of first series.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Its on Hulu. I'm only a week behind, because you have to have Hulu+ to get the very new'est ep. Cours I'd rather watch it w/o the english dubs.
Even if something has aired for free, people may not be up to date so it's still a spoiler :(

On a related note, everyone should stop mentioning what happens to Tolkeen, it's a surprise =)
The Beast

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Its on Hulu.

Yeah, I don't use Hulu...

Return to “Rifts®”