Make shift weapons and other Macguyver

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

hollowecho
Wanderer

Make shift weapons and other Macguyver

Unread post by hollowecho »

I've got a player who character is ex timely smart 27 IQ but got pinched on the background table ( using tmnt for back grounds) he asked me if he could build his weapons like a hair spray flame thrower, a potato gun, stuff like that his character has a great laptop he sunk 1200 out of 1500 starting out and has computer skills and such to look up the info to do it I was just wondering how you guys would deal with this type of character and what skills do you think he would need to pull this off
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Re: Make shift weapons and other Macguyver

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Well, first off, since these are weapons that he wants to build, the character would need at least basic mechanics, maybe basic electronics, and the 'armorer' military skill.......these would be the basics
The Dragon Has Spoken
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: Make shift weapons and other Macguyver

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

If he wants to build simple things, a skill like basic mechanics would be great, but considering his IQ, a trick as simple as a hair spray flame thrower is kind of a joke to him, honestly.

If you want to make it a roll, have him do % and roll under his IQ+10. And if he fails just have something comical or perhaps tragic happen as a result.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”