Other ATB Humans...

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

Other ATB Humans...

Unread post by DevastationBob »

Sure there's the Empire, but we're not all bad, right? We can be worse too! What if a certain cult affiliated with the rich and famous on the West Coast saw the pocky lips coming and made preparations? Let's not get our thetans in a bunch, I just think it might make an interesting faction for Road Hogs...
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: Other ATB Humans...

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

The Mormons? I hear they have vast stores of food and stuff hidden in bunkers all over the west.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

Tweren't the mormons I was thinking of.
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

DevastationBob wrote:Tweren't the mormons I was thinking of.

To bad, I hear they're a rascally lot. lol (no offense to any mormons intended)
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
hollowecho
Wanderer

Unread post by hollowecho »

So your idea is that movie stars and DC 10 pilots held up in a bunker...and their offspring are humanity's last bastion .... One acronym should sum it up PETA...
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

hollowecho wrote:So your idea is that movie stars and DC 10 pilots held up in a bunker...and their offspring are humanity's last bastion .... One acronym should sum it up PETA...

I read that and suddenly started wondering what impact it would have on PETA when animals actually started mutating to have human level intelligence and features particularly when the more feral sorts found THEM tasty if they'd go 'oh we must let the animals live naturally' or if they'd fight back.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
hollowecho
Wanderer

Unread post by hollowecho »

So would it soon become AETP...a group of herbivores protesting out in squares,holding signs " long pork is murder!!" "Stop eating babies" and such...
Nightmask
Palladin

hollowecho wrote:So would it soon become AETP...a group of herbivores protesting out in squares,holding signs " long pork is murder!!" "Stop eating babies" and such...

Then you look at the Kevin and Kell webcomic, an alternate Earth due to time-manipulation where humanity left the toxic wasteland it became and the avians used a left-behind time machine to alter events and create a world filled with sentient EVERYTHING (even the bacteria and parasites) and where predation is not just the norm but prey are legally prohibited from doing much beyond running and hiding as there are no self-defense laws and you are guilty of murder as a prey species if you kill an attacker (as well as guilty of murder if you kill someone for anything other than food).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

I was actually talking about the Church of Science-ology or whatever it's called.... ;)
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

DevastationBob wrote:I was actually talking about the Church of Science-ology or whatever it's called.... ;)

I think the FL branch would have had better odds of survival than their CA branch.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

what about the Texas Empire? enough guns there to stay safe. i mean the chupacabra plagued central and south america for years only to wind up mounted over a Texas fireplace. i also feel any college specializing in high tech research would have the brain power to survive. Caltech Power Armor Brigade? and how could we forget about N.A.S.A. not really combat oriented but alot of pilots and big brains there as well.
green.nova343
Adventurer

Unread post by green.nova343 »

Nightmask wrote:
hollowecho wrote:So would it soon become AETP...a group of herbivores protesting out in squares,holding signs " long pork is murder!!" "Stop eating babies" and such...

Then you look at the Kevin and Kell webcomic, an alternate Earth due to time-manipulation where humanity left the toxic wasteland it became and the avians used a left-behind time machine to alter events and create a world filled with sentient EVERYTHING (even the bacteria and parasites) and where predation is not just the norm but prey are legally prohibited from doing much beyond running and hiding as there are no self-defense laws and you are guilty of murder as a prey species if you kill an attacker (as well as guilty of murder if you kill someone for anything other than food).

love that webcomic. And it does allow for the hybrid possibility, given their daughter Coney (wolf/rabbit hybrid that loves carrots as much as she does small prey animals)...
Nightmask
Palladin

green.nova343 wrote:
Nightmask wrote:

love that webcomic. And it does allow for the hybrid possibility, given their daughter Coney (wolf/rabbit hybrid that loves carrots as much as she does small prey animals)...

One ramification the author didn't think about or just decided wouldn't matter in the scope of the comic is that ALL human/furry pairings result in human offspring (with a short period as an indeterminate furry thing). So in time unless they were all killed off before it could happen the entire world or nearly so would become human-only (or at least human dominated, since they can't breed with the extremely small lifeforms like the more animal sized rodents and insects).

It's a VERY dark webcomic though, if you really think about it (and at least one artist did a one-shot of the rabbit couple that's mentioned as casualties of Kell showing them having an evening out only for Kell to hunt them down and ruthlessly devour them). It's no wonder the rabbit community has a terrorist group that wants to end predation or at least give prey the power to fight back, and others wanted to ensure Coney married into their family so that more rabbits would end up hybrids and predators and ensure familial survival. One has to wonder if more rabbits and other prey are trying to find compatible predators to breed with and ensure their long-term survival and prosperity.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”