Underseas and Atlantis

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gottork1967
Megaversal® Ambassador

Underseas and Atlantis

Unread post by gottork1967 »

I am hoping this is in the right forum to post this, so here goes...

I am looking for a way to make a True Atlantean a water wizard or able to cast water spells.. Is this possible? Is it sacrilege, I see nothing that would point to it being impossible, but I am VERY new to running the game, played for many years but my GM is no longer around..

any info or help on this would be great
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Underseas and Atlantis

Unread post by Bill »

There are no racial restrictions that would prevent an Atlantean from becoming a water warlock, ocean wizard, or sea druid. WB2 also indicates, "Ironically, the modern Atlanteans rely more heavily on magic than their ancestors ever did, and all are masters of dimensional travel." Which basically gives you carte blanche to make an Atlantean using any magic-using class from anywhere in the megaverse or your imagination. The only real restriction that might get in the way is that Atlanteans cannot be transformed by any means, so none of the shape-shifting spells, powers, or classes would be appropriate for them.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Bill wrote:There are no racial restrictions that would prevent an Atlantean from becoming a water warlock, ocean wizard, or sea druid. WB2 also indicates, "Ironically, the modern Atlanteans rely more heavily on magic than their ancestors ever did, and all are masters of dimensional travel." Which basically gives you carte blanche to make an Atlantean using any magic-using class from anywhere in the megaverse or your imagination.

PREEEEEEETY much :ok:
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
gottork1967
Megaversal® Ambassador

thanx again for the help so far..:D

would the true atlantean then just use the OCC water wizard or sea druid? also would the magic used just use the underseas ocean/water magic?
gottork1967
Megaversal® Ambassador

ok thank you all for the info, so the true atlantean RCC and the ocean wizard occ would be used? which would I use, the RCC or the OCC? would they be combined into one?
then just use the water spells in underseas?
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

You combine them.
gottork1967
Megaversal® Ambassador

very cool,thank you for the information
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Use the physical stats from the True Atlantean RCC, along with the Marks of Heritage Tattoos then all the skills come from the OCC chosen.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Daeglan
Adventurer

Unread post by Daeglan »

keir451 wrote:Use the physical stats from the True Atlantean RCC, along with the Marks of Heritage Tattoos then all the skills come from the OCC chosen.

They also get the dimensional pyramid stuff and not being able to be transformed.
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Skills(especially the elective ones) would come from the Water Wizard OCC(though you could fudge it a bit to allow some, if not all, of the base skills from the Atlantean RCC, as Atlanteans are very long lived and their starting education pretty thorough). The Water Wizard or Sea Druid is their OCCUPATION, so that's where they'll focus their training.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

The Atlantean RCC indicates that they all speak at least three languages. I increase OCCs up to that benchmark if they don't already meet it. They don't get any other skills from being Atlantean.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Bill wrote:The Atlantean RCC indicates that they all speak at least three languages. I increase OCCs up to that benchmark if they don't already meet it. They don't get any other skills from being Atlantean.

Agreed. At the very least they have multiple-language fluency(and probably one hell of an oral tradition).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Bill wrote:Atlanteans cannot be transformed by any means, so none of the shape-shifting spells, powers, or classes would be appropriate for them.
So much for my True Atlantean Gypsy Beguiler
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i know that some people have argued that the transfomation immunity should be immunity from externally induced transformations. basically if someone casts a transformation spell on them they'd be immune, but they could use such magic on themselves.

personally i like the idea that they can't be effected at all, even if willing. though i would point out that they could use transformation magic as long as they use it on other people. so many transformation spells would still be useable in a support and offensive fashion.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I always read the atlantean immunity to transformation as total immunity. They cannot be transformed by any magical means no matter if they want to or not. That was one of the whole reasons behind the monster hunters tattoos working more like magic power armor. It is something they ride around inside of not something they transform into.

Return to “Rifts®”