Rifter 61

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Icefalcon
Champion

Rifter 61

Unread post by Icefalcon »

What do you think should or should not be included in Rifter #61?

Like I said for #60, I would like to see a Dead Reign article on the remnants of the government. I would also like to see an article that delves deeper into the aspects of good character options (to draw a parallel, I would point to Dragon magazines Class Acts section).

Would I do not want to see is another Splicers article. Yes, I know it is "hot" right now but I do not want to see every issue over saturating the setting. I would rather other settings get a little support through the Rifter since they are not seeing any support from Palladium itself. Don't get me wrong, I think it is proper to put articles for every setting in the Rifter (even for settings I do not play, which is half of them) but I think they should spread the articles out a bit more.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: Rifter 61

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Palladium Fantasy (just rinse and repeat this for every issue).

Adventures for all lines.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Ninjas and Superspies needs some love. Spy Agencies. James Bondian adventure. SOMETHING.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

jaymz wrote:Ninjas and Superspies needs some love. Spy Agencies. James Bondian adventure. SOMETHING.

Agrees. Nuff said.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
jaymz wrote:Ninjas and Superspies needs some love. Spy Agencies. James Bondian adventure. SOMETHING.

Agrees. Nuff said.

And agreement is something rare between us. We have spoken. Make it happen.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Icefalcon
Champion

With the number of spy genre movies out there, the possibilities for this type of thing is endless.
Icefalcon
Champion

jaymz wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

Agrees. Nuff said.

Anyone willing to volunteer an article along this line?
Icefalcon
Champion

Panomas wrote:I honestly (and selfishly) hope the "Magic Guild Creation Guildines" i submitted make it in this one.... I know it's been looked at and told there is a chance-(nothing for certain)

I would like to see this one.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Icefalcon wrote:
jaymz wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

Agrees. Nuff said.

I was off work ill last week and spent the entire time in bed watching the James Bond channel. It did spark the desire to write a short adventure as the ideas were flowing. I have spent this week re-reading Ninja's and Superspies.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Icefalcon
Champion

The Dark Elf wrote:
Icefalcon wrote:
jaymz wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

Agrees. Nuff said.

I was off work ill last week and spent the entire time in bed watching the James Bond channel. It did spark the desire to write a short adventure as the ideas were flowing. I have spent this week re-reading Ninja's and Superspies.

:ok:
Icefalcon
Champion

I would say that Ninjas and Superspies could use an update to the current time frame. It would make so many more things possible on the spy front. Just think of the difference in surveillance technology from then till now.
sirkermittsg
Explorer

Unread post by sirkermittsg »

maybe it is time for me to go ahead and make my submissions.

I have to agree that a N&SS update would be awesome.
Sir Dellis
Explorer
Comment: There is nothing like wearing Maize and Blue in a sea of putrid Scarlet and Gray.

Unread post by Sir Dellis »

PFRPG info
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I like PFrpg,s info.
Maybe some thing on a City.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

The Splicers data on the giant War Mounts that can be used to mobilize or evacuate a House. I forget where the original entry is here on the forums.

Also, the House Creation rules.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Icefalcon
Champion

I would rather they hold off on Splicers material in this issue. The last two had some pretty large articles for Splicers and I would prefer they make room for something else.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Icefalcon wrote:I would rather they hold off on Splicers material in this issue. The last two had some pretty large articles for Splicers and I would prefer they make room for something else.

Was about to post something much like this.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Panomas wrote:Anyone else here, want to do a shout out about things they have submitted; and are hoping make Rifter 61?

I am hoping Divine Mettle is chosen (Wayne was looking at that for #60). In it I update the R.C.C.'s/O.C.C.s in Pantheons of the Megaverse and introduce a new order of Holy Warriors that are the God's answers to Cosmo Knights.

More than that though, I am hoping to see the publication of Charm and Impress: The Key to Success as it completes the article on Mental Affinity in Rifter #60 and includes a few new skills for increasing mental attributes.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
BookWyrm
Champion

Not to go off-topic, but does anyone know where the entry for the Giant War Mounts are? I vaguely recall a giant millipede acting as a transport for a House on the move, and my search-fu has failed me.....
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

Agrees. Nuff said.

This and we need a Bionics upgrade article...
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Maybe a City from Timiro.

I also like to see A Palladium Fantasy,s Magic Guild from the Western Empire:Giving it a Name,the Number of Member it have,it,s Headquarters,it,s Notable Members,and a few Adventures.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

BookWyrm wrote:Not to go off-topic, but does anyone know where the entry for the Giant War Mounts are? I vaguely recall a giant millipede acting as a transport for a House on the move, and my search-fu has failed me.....

Not sure about the House excavation War mount, but I can tell you that House generation rules have been submitted for publication for source material.

As to things that I would like to see in upcoming Rifters:

1. N & SS is a plus: i.e.: new organizations, factions and new villains NPCs that are becoming notorious anti-spies & assassins to utilize in missions
2. Always enjoyed a nice read on Rifts Dragons
BookWyrm
Champion

Thanks, Premier.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Icefalcon
Champion

Panomas wrote:Last update states that the selections are finalized.....But what are they!?!- :mrgreen:

I am burning to know myself.
The Raven
Explorer

Unread post by The Raven »

Panomas wrote:Last update states that the selections are finalized.....But what are they!?!- :mrgreen:

I talked with Wayne and I know my submission did not make it in... So now the wait begins again.
"Women and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it."
-- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love, Lazarus Long

Carl Gleba wrote:Well said Raven :ok:
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

I know of one. Not by me...
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Icefalcon
Champion

Panomas wrote:After the Bomb article is one- :mrgreen:
and should we assume Dead Reign is another?

Kevin wrote: The week has been good in many other ways. Nick Bradshaw sent a new artist our way, Tanya J. Ramsey, and she has blown us away with the quality and creativity of her work. Wow. You’ll get to see her work in The Rifter® #61 for the After the Bomb® article. And you can count on seeing a lot more of Tanya in future books. Welcome to the Palladium Family, Tanya.

The Rifter® #61 must be the venue for the ladies to shine, because Amy L. Ashbaugh knocked out a cover that kills! Literally and figuratively. I’d dare say it’s the best painting she’s done to date for anybody. Nice (if you like undead things).

I am hoping for a Dead Reign article. I am not too keen on After the Bomb myself but it makes a good switch off from all the Splicer articles recently.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

The ATB one was the one I knew.

It is an interesting addition to ATB and well written.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

Lessee, I drew three pieces. Managed to come up with two for the Charm/Impress article, one for an article on Climbing.
Onl shaded one digitally, but suffice to say they're all fairly detailed images.
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Quick update: Ive written the N&S adventure I was on about. Plot done. NPC's statted (but I have used 1st edition N&S, not the revised edition as I had more scope with the martial art froms). It does NOT include anything from mystic china but is both a spy (bond+mission impossible) and a martial arts action story. It has numerous vehicles chases on land sea & air and fully utilises the games potential (well, I feel it does) and it is written with scenarios that give any GM or player the freedom to take the action where they please. But - It will be months before we playtest it due to the current campaign we are in.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

gaby wrote:Maybe a City from Timiro.
PF World Book 2: Old Ones...
Cities, Towns, and Forts all based in the Timiro Kingdom. Why would we need more in the Rifter?
I would rather see some data on the Old Kingdoms if we are not going to see any books on them in the near future.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
The Raven
Explorer

Unread post by The Raven »

Panomas wrote:
The Raven wrote:

I talked with Wayne and I know my submission did not make it in... So now the wait begins again.

What did you write Raven?

I'm holding my card close to my vest on this. Until the article either goes in or gets rejected, I won't say much. I will give one hint: large, scaly, and potentially nasty.
"Women and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it."
-- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love, Lazarus Long

Carl Gleba wrote:Well said Raven :ok:
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Panomas wrote:Any word if this made it?

Sorry I didnt see this. Yup. I have confirmation. Now dance with me Panomas! Dance with me into oblivion!!!! :shock:
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
Icefalcon
Champion

Panomas wrote:*Shruggs* and *busts a move*

"I guess my stuff didn't make it then-beings everybody else is getting confirmations- :cry:

Yours may make the next Rifter.
Icefalcon
Champion

Panomas wrote:
Icefalcon wrote:
Panomas wrote:*Shruggs* and *busts a move*

"I guess my stuff didn't make it then-beings everybody else is getting confirmations- :cry:

Yours may make the next Rifter.

Or the one after that- :lol:

Thanks for the positive support Ice- :ok:

Any time. I am looking forward to reading an article by you.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Seconded!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Icefalcon
Champion

Unfortunately, I am only looking forward to the Phase World article and the City of Charter article. I don't begrudge anyone else but I don't play After the Bomb, Heroes Unlimited or PFRPG. I was kind of hoping for a Dead Reign article but am not too disappointed one didn't make the book. I am glad to see that Splicers was left out of this issue because I think they have been pounding it a little too hard in recent issues.

Next issue, I am hoping to see Dead Reign and Chaos Earth make it in.
Sir Dellis
Explorer
Comment: There is nothing like wearing Maize and Blue in a sea of putrid Scarlet and Gray.

Icefalcon wrote:Unfortunately, I am only looking forward to the Phase World article and the City of Charter article. I don't begrudge anyone else but I don't play After the Bomb, Heroes Unlimited or PFRPG. I was kind of hoping for a Dead Reign article but am not too disappointed one didn't make the book. I am glad to see that Splicers was left out of this issue because I think they have been pounding it a little too hard in recent issues.

Next issue, I am hoping to see Dead Reign and Chaos Earth make it in.

It's hard to please everyone with Rifter content. I feel your pain with most Rifter issues but for almost opposite reasons. I don't have any interest in Dead Reign and Chaos Earth. Mutual indifference about Splicers...it doesn't look interesting to me at all.

I normally only get 2 of the 4 Rifters published in a given year because the content is for the game lines I don't play.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Sir Dellis wrote:It's hard to please everyone with Rifter content. I feel your pain with most Rifter issues but for almost opposite reasons. I don't have any interest in Dead Reign and Chaos Earth. Mutual indifference about Splicers...it doesn't look interesting to me at all.

I normally only get 2 of the 4 Rifters published in a given year because the content is for the game lines I don't play.

I understand those that take this position, but I also feel you guys are overlooking a critical point. No matter what setting material is written for, it can often be adapted into one or more of the other settings. Splicer material can be reused as aliens or demons in Rifts/Phaseworld/Chaos Earth, Dead Reign zombies could be part of an undead horde in the Land of the Damned, critters from Nightbane could be investigated by your BtS crew, etc. That's one of the beauties of the Megaversal system. You just gotta think outside the box a bit. :-D
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Panomas wrote:Congrats to all who published something and I'm looking forward to this issue-

Thank you. :angel:
Sir Dellis
Explorer

Warwolf wrote:
Sir Dellis wrote:It's hard to please everyone with Rifter content. I feel your pain with most Rifter issues but for almost opposite reasons. I don't have any interest in Dead Reign and Chaos Earth. Mutual indifference about Splicers...it doesn't look interesting to me at all.

I understand those that take this position, but I also feel you guys are overlooking a critical point. No matter what setting material is written for, it can often be adapted into one or more of the other settings. Splicer material can be reused as aliens or demons in Rifts/Phaseworld/Chaos Earth, Dead Reign zombies could be part of an undead horde in the Land of the Damned, critters from Nightbane could be investigated by your BtS crew, etc. That's one of the beauties of the Megaversal system. You just gotta think outside the box a bit. :-D

Very true and a good point, Warwolf. The material can be adapted and adapted easily to any setting. The kicker, at least for me, is a lot of the material just doesn't fit into a fantasy (PFRPG) setting. The Dead Reign stuff, yes, it does - zombie hordes ftw. A Splicer war mount running about the Eastern Territories is a bit of a stretch.

The various forms of magic (Candle magic for example) are readily usable in any setting and I have adapted tons of that over. I know personally, with no PFRPG titles having been put out in years, a Rifter issue is my outlet for brand new stuff.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Sir Dellis wrote:
Warwolf wrote:

Very true and a good point, Warwolf. The material can be adapted and adapted easily to any setting. The kicker, at least for me, is a lot of the material just doesn't fit into a fantasy (PFRPG) setting. The Dead Reign stuff, yes, it does - zombie hordes ftw. A Splicer war mount running about the Eastern Territories is a bit of a stretch.

The various forms of magic (Candle magic for example) are readily usable in any setting and I have adapted tons of that over. I know personally, with no PFRPG titles having been put out in years, a Rifter issue is my outlet for brand new stuff.

I dunno... A Splicer warmount in PF? New monster for the PCs to deal with?
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Damian Magecraft wrote:I dunno... A Splicer warmount in PF? New monster for the PCs to deal with?

My players faught a Lemurian Warmount and never even realized it was a mount. They just thought it was a giant monster seal. So you know, it works.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Congrats to all who were published!

I am - again - so much looking forward to have the Rifter in my hands.

I agree with Warwolf and AS. I always find something useful in the Rifter, and often I go back to issues because I am sure to find something that did not so much interest me at the time but is of interest then. The Rifter is a great repository of ideas with a pretty constant, in fact IMO even improving quality level. It is also always on time.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

The ATB animals are well written and interesting.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Hendrik wrote:Congrats to all who were published!

Thanks! :)
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Icefalcon
Champion

Waiting for my copy.
bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

Figured, since I got my copies, I should show off one of the pics that didn't make it in... for the "Charm/Impress" article, I was listening to book 1 of the Cree Black thrillers, and was in a parapsychological mindset... so I drew something Beyond the Supernatural inspired.

"The First Rule of Parapsychology is..."
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

bar1scorpio wrote:Figured, since I got my copies, I should show off one of the pics that didn't make it in... for the "Charm/Impress" article, I was listening to book 1 of the Cree Black thrillers, and was in a parapsychological mindset... so I drew something Beyond the Supernatural inspired.

I liked that one!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Icefalcon
Champion

bar1scorpio wrote:Figured, since I got my copies, I should show off one of the pics that didn't make it in... for the "Charm/Impress" article, I was listening to book 1 of the Cree Black thrillers, and was in a parapsychological mindset... so I drew something Beyond the Supernatural inspired.

Awesome picture.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”