NUKEMAP....Nuclear Blast Calculator

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

NUKEMAP....Nuclear Blast Calculator

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Just in case you wanted to use nukes in your game...here's a blast radius calculator...see how far you need to run if you your hometown gets nuked.

NUKEMAP
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
Veritas476
Adventurer

Re: NUKEMAP....Nuclear Blast Calculator

Unread post by Veritas476 »

Nice! Wish I had known about this a long time ago. My hometown won't have a nuke dropped directly on it, but rather about 5 miles outside town. As such a 1 MT (a W-59 Minuteman) blast, by that tool, will barely reach the eastern edge of town.
Blindscout
Adventurer
Comment: An armed populace is a safe populace.

Unread post by Blindscout »

My town itself isn't likely to get nuked. However, I live pretty much smack in the middle between Navy Sub Base Bangor, Naval Station Bremerton, Joint Base Lewis Mcchord (Army and Airforce), and Seattle. So....yeah....I'm ******. :shock:

Thanks for the link, that's gonna come in handy for gaming.
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

BEEP BEEP Let's go for a ride in the Jeep!
Veritas476
Adventurer

Blindscout wrote:My town itself isn't likely to get nuked. However, I live pretty much smack in the middle between Navy Sub Base Bangor, Naval Station Bremerton, Joint Base Lewis Mcchord (Army and Airforce), and Seattle. So....yeah....I'm ******. :shock:

Thanks for the link, that's gonna come in handy for gaming.

Wow yeah you'd be farked. Only reason we rate a nuke about 5 miles out is because of a couple nuclear power stations.
Veritas476
Adventurer

Turns out I had the impact marker too far outside of town. I moved it to the right spot, and dropping the same yield warhead on the plants it will set just over half my city on fire.
Josh Hilden
Adventurer
Comment: Just another **** from Detroit. Please be kind to yourself and each other.

Unread post by Josh Hilden »

That is pretty cool.
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS
"The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." - Gene Roddenberry
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Very handy for my upcoming Chaos Earth game as well, thanks! :)
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

The way I look at it, I am screwed. Right now I am about right about smack in the middle between DC and Baltimore. Roughly 10 miles from Baltimore and maybe 18 from DC. I am also maybe 6 miles from Fort Meade. I might be safe, depending on yield and how it lands. At least from immediate effects. Its hilly enough combined with altitude change to reduce the direct blast and nuke flash effects (unless the air detonation is fairly high), so I might be safe from immediate blast radius effects. Maybe even prompt radiation if I am rather lucky.

Fall out, even from a clean nuke...well I'd just cross my fingers and hope it was one, and not a series of nukes to take out the capitol, Baltimore (largest port on the Eastern Seaboard and a fairly large city in its own right) and Fort Meade (NSA and a good size Army base in its own right).

Oh and Fort Dettrick (the US Army's Biological testing facility) is also only about 20 miles away to my west.

I could just see a zombie outbreak occuring from testing going on there. At least a nuke strike there likely would just destroy any of the fun little germs I am sure are in some of those labs.
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

The effect of a terrorist bomb seems like nothing at all...especially when compared to the power of the Tsar Bomba, which boggles the mind.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Blindscout
Adventurer
Comment: An armed populace is a safe populace.

Unread post by Blindscout »

Braden Campbell wrote:The effect of a terrorist bomb seems like nothing at all...especially when compared to the power of the Tsar Bomba, which boggles the mind.

The Tsar Bomba is absolutely, positively, ******* terrifying.
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

BEEP BEEP Let's go for a ride in the Jeep!
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Blindscout wrote:
Braden Campbell wrote:The effect of a terrorist bomb seems like nothing at all...especially when compared to the power of the Tsar Bomba, which boggles the mind.

The Tsar Bomba is absolutely, positively, ******* terrifying.

If one detonated in my recruiting station, it covers just about our whole area.

Return to “Dead Reign™”