Thank you Kevin for the report

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Thank you Kevin for the report

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

I love seeing the Open House through Kevin's eyes. Much of what he wrote about the actual event wasn't new (having been there to see much of it first hand) but it was still cool to read Kevin's thoughts and what stuck in his mind. And since I couldn't attend on Sunday it was nice to read about it and fill in the gaps. The info about the before and after was fun and neat as well.

My only bone to pick with his report is on the recounting of his epic and awesome Aftermath game. In the third session, the reason the water elemental (summoned by the character being played by my son) engulfed the big-bad-mage wasn't so it could drown him. The elemental was forcing him to drink a mute potion, which it did before getting it's soul absorbed. Then, when Big Baddie tried to cast a spell to attack the rest of us he couldn't, because he couldn't speak! Then the dragon mother cast her spell and the rest of the group annihilated the bad guy. :x Sheesh Kevin, get it right! :badbad: I mean seriously, didn't you commit every second of the entire Open House to your permanent memory?!? :P :lol:

But seriously, the Open House was a blast and I'm so glad that I got to go, and that my wife and son could go this year too. We're all hoping that there is another OH in 2014 - my wife is already planning her costume!

So anyone else want to share your thoughts on the report? Maybe fill in some more details? Please share! (I'm already starting to get withdrawals!!! :eek: )
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: Thank you Kevin for the report

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Great report! Worth the wait.

As IO says it cool to see it through the eyes of the organiser (one of many). The Adventure description was great! I wouldnt normally read that much scripture in one go but couldnt help it. I was particularly impressed with some of the decisions/actions of the players. I think Kevin mentioned that all the players (even newbies) really complimented the GMs and Vice Versa this year - great stuff Palladium fans! There really was some excellent gaming going on!

P.S. Personally, I flipped out of my chair to be listed in with the other creators. Ty Kevin. :mrgreen:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Baphomet wrote:When she saw the pic my wife asked " what were you doing with your hand?". I hope they post the pics in full res on the forums or something.

For being caught in the act I assume the fallout was amazingly lenient and the request for further evidence is extremely surprising ;-)

The real D20 (Pally) for life!
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Baphomet wrote:There's two pictures of my wife, my best friend and I playing in Isaac Xavier Santos' Dead Reign game. The better of the two has my wife holding up the Dead Reign book while I'm holding a D20 (not that you could tell from the tiny picture).

When she saw the pic my wife asked " what were you doing with your hand?". I hope they post the pics in full res on the forums or something.

What a great time that all was! I would just like to thank all the brilliant GMs who took the time to run great games and thank the Palladium crew for making the coolest weekend I've had, since my trip to South America, possible.

I love you guys! :love:

The pictures are full resolution if you just click on them.

-Mike <8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."

Return to “Palladium Open House”