Chris and Chuck...TURN IT IN!!!

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Chris and Chuck...TURN IT IN!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Kevin Siembieda wrote:We're waiting for Chuck Walton’s alledgedly epic Splicers® sourcebook project (going on a year past its target deadline at this point, which is why you haven't heard me talk about it much) and a few other freelancer titles that are supposed to be submitted soon (Rifts® Iron Heart is one, Chaos Earth™: First Responders™ is another) and others. The manuscripts for Rifts® Triax 2, Rifts® Underseas 2: Lemuria, and Thundercloud Galaxy™ are getting lined up for early 2010 releases. Yeah, it's only July and we are already thinking about next year.

Turn it in and get in the line up. PLEASE!?! I'm begging.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Chris and Chuck...TURN IT IN!!!

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

Begging, pleading, offering bribes, selling my soul........well, maybe not that last part. But definately the first three!
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

ARRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Calling Emergency meeting to Slappy as we speak!
BTW, This is not a "Chuck Walton" Project it is a Slappy & Chuck project, so the Splicers Mad Man genius himself is hard at work on everything as well. Just for clarity to those who didn't know. We WILL be turning in a Sourcebook Script to Kevin with a Ton of Art very Soon! THIS I COMMAND!!!!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Excellent...all the more biological and robotic madness to use across the megaverse...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

To Chris and Chuck:
Good evening. As a duly designated representative of the city, county, and state of Palladium Books Fans, I order you to continue any and all Splicers activity, and show proof of your sourcebook’s existence in the form of an excerpt from your place of origin, or the nearest convenient Artwork.

To gmapprentice:
I’m interested but first put it into a new topic.
The Galactus Kid

I'm interested. I will post other comments in that thread.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Premier

Unread post by Premier »

89er wrote:To Chris and Chuck:
Good evening. As a duly designated representative of the city, county, and state of Palladium Books Fans, I order you to continue any and all Splicers activity, and show proof of your sourcebook’s existence in the form of an excerpt from your place of origin, or the nearest convenient Artwork.

As a member of the same representation we sent the memo and showcased previews at POH 09. Looks like empiric proof will be the book itself.
The Galactus Kid

Premier wrote:
89er wrote:To Chris and Chuck:

As a member of the same representation we sent the memo and showcased previews at POH 09. Looks like empiric proof will be the book itself.

you just got verbally slapped by theman himself. OH SNAP

The Galactus Kid

gmapprentice wrote:shall i take that as a no?

You already have two yes votes. I would go on and start a new thread. I know that as a writer for Palladium and a longtime fan, I would LOVE to see you stuff. Many people on the forums post here for constructive criticsm and I even feel the Splicers community is even more willing to help out sice we ALL are wanting more material.

slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

Ouch. In fairness, our self-imposed deadline was April, but I do feel bad about missing it by this much. We are both knuckling down to finish off the first book with a second one to hopefully follow quickly.

I must say though, that if you've liked what I've posted on the forums, you'll really love what I have for the new book. I'm pretty proud of my part. And as a fan of the first Splicers book, I have to say that the artwork that Chuck has completed so far blows away anything that you've seen before. I have a stack of dozens of amazing illustrations that I look at often for inspiration. It's going to be amazing when we pull it all together.

Now I must get back to writing lest I be lynched for further delays.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

slappy wrote:Now I must get back to writing lest I be lynched for further delays.

Indeed. I'd go out on a limb and say the only reason you're not being lynched is so you can finish the work! :lol:

On an unrelated note, if you need any play testing of anything, let me know.
gmapprentice wrote:...i'll post part one tomorrow. new post every day or so.

Yes, post, post, post, post! In the name of all that is good and holy, post!
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
slappy wrote:Now I must get back to writing lest I be lynched for further delays.

Indeed. I'd go out on a limb and say the only reason you're not being lynched is so you can finish the work! :lol:

On an unrelated note, if you need any play testing of anything, let me know.
gmapprentice wrote:...i'll post part one tomorrow. new post every day or so.

Yes, post, post, post, post! In the name of all that is good and holy, post!

1) the lynching of Slappy would be Sacrilege

2) I am also interested. POST.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Update:
We're very much busy on the task to make sure the product is quality and we wont let you guys down. I must say that there is much that we want to cover but certain subjects require more space than others so we are doing things strategically. Slappy is really working likw a mad scientist now. I am sure this is some of his best work to date.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Premier wrote:Update:
We're very much busy on the task to make sure the product is quality and we wont let you guys down. I must say that there is much that we want to cover but certain subjects require more space than others so we are doing things strategically. Slappy is really working likw a mad scientist now. I am sure this is some of his best work to date.

Updates don't make my brain tingle. I NEED STATS! I NEED FLUFF!!!

I NEED A NEW BOOK TO READ!!!!!!ONE1

Seriously tho, do whatever it takes. I'll wait, I just won't sit still.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I can't wait to actually see their book out! So come on guys! Please hurry and get it out. We need more information!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
The Galactus Kid

gmapprentice wrote:have you ever heard the saying "A watched pot never boils"?

I have. Now unless these guysare stoned and covered in open sores, I don't see how this at all has anything to do with pot or boils. hahaha

The Galactus Kid

gmapprentice wrote:it means if you keep waiting for something it'll take longer to get here. stop wanting the sourcebook and you'll get it. forget it will ever exist and it might be here next week. or something.

lol. I know what it means. I was kidding.

Aramanthus
Monk

It'll be out sometime in the future. I'm sure it will!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Aramanthus wrote:It'll be out sometime in the future. I'm sure it will!

Indeed it will be released, and then some! I know its been a long wait and we are doing our very best to get it done the way it needs to be. This is including Art & Script.

We have alot of fans that we dont want to disappoint so we are being careful and making sure we are delivering the best quality we can. With tons of material to categorize & sift for what goes where & when, its all coming together pretty well.
Aramanthus
Monk

Thank you for the update! We appreciate it!

HH....FIE
The Galactus Kid

Premier wrote:
Aramanthus wrote:It'll be out sometime in the future. I'm sure it will!

Indeed it will be released, and then some! I know its been a long wait and we are doing our very best to get it done the way it needs to be. This is including Art & Script.

We have alot of fans that we dont want to disappoint so we are being careful and making sure we are delivering the best quality we can. With tons of material to categorize & sift for what goes where & when, its all coming together pretty well.

Awesome!!! Thanks Chuck!!!

The Galactus Kid

Any updates to report? How is this coming along? Anything I can do to help?

Quantum07
Explorer

Unread post by Quantum07 »

And the crowd starts chanting "We want Splicers, we want Splicers!" Then someone asks the obvious question, "What is Splicers?" Darn mob mentality.
The Galactus Kid

Quantum07 wrote:And the crowd starts chanting "We want Splicers, we want Splicers!" Then someone asks the obvious question, "What is Splicers?" Darn mob mentality.

hahaha.

Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Updates:...

Still finishing art, and I know Slappy is still Writing. We are still going through our spreadsheet of assignments making sure we get them all. Some chapters I know are simply more sophisticated to write versus stats. I am going to go out on a limb and estimate that everything all said and done is about 70-80% complete, but don't quote me.
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

UPDATE :D :D :D

Rejoice, Rejoice and one more for good measure.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Premier wrote:Updates:...

Still finishing art, and I know Slappy is still Writing. We are still going through our spreadsheet of assignments making sure we get them all. Some chapters I know are simply more sophisticated to write versus stats. I am going to go out on a limb and estimate that everything all said and done is about 70-80% complete, but don't quote me.

Too late. :lol:

The Galactus Kid

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:

lol Boooooo. Way to abuse the quote feature. hahaha

Anyway, this is good news, and I'm really wanting this to see print.

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:

lol Boooooo. Way to abuse the quote feature. hahaha

Anyway, this is good news, and I'm really wanting this to see print.

Indeed. I am starving for some splice. It doesn't flow well in florida. I have found a small spring, but the splice flows in feebly. A fresh injection is what I need.

89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

So, the upcoming 2-3 Splicers source books are like trail mix.

Now just say with me...

There is all this material and artwork (The Ingredients) and it needs to be properly mixed into buying form (The source books) so that the customer wants more. Then they send the mix to the factory (Palladium Books) so it can be put into production and sold to us.
Then when we are done with the first batch (Sourcebook), we would not have to wait long because the next batch (Sourcebook) is almost done and ready for production.

At least that is how I see it.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

89er wrote:So, the upcoming 2-3 Splicers source books are like trail mix.

Now just say with me...

There is all this material and artwork (The Ingredients) and it needs to be properly mixed into buying form (The source books) so that the customer wants more. Then they send the mix to the factory (Palladium Books) so it can be put into production and sold to us.
Then when we are done with the first batch (Sourcebook), we would not have to wait long because the next batch (Sourcebook) is almost done and ready for production.

I wish it were that simple as some "ingredients" have taken time to pluck or grow. For most part though we are nearing the harvest season and should be ready to ship the first batch of ingredients and collecting the 2nd & 3rd batches shortly thereafter.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Premier wrote:

Now just say with me...

I wish it were that simple as some "ingredients" have taken time to pluck or grow. For most part though we are nearing the harvest season and should be ready to ship the first batch of ingredients and collecting the 2nd & 3rd batches shortly thereafter.

Are you making a book or stew? :P
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

taalismn wrote:
Premier wrote:

Now just say with me...

Are you making a book or stew? :P

:D Hopefully a nice meaty supply that will give everybody something fulfilling, stimulating the gears and to chew on for a good minute until the next book is completed and turned in. As of late Slappy and I agreed to have him devote his availed time to completing the 1st sourcebook and we have other Writers fulfilling the Unleashed so that we can be more productive in getting the sourcebook complete and turned in.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

From the latest weekly update:
"UPDATE: Splicers®. The manuscript for two Splicers® sourcebooks arrived today. Fear not, we plan to get the books in the pipeline out before we start looking at new material, but you can look forward to Splicers® sourcebooks later this year. (Along with sourcebooks for Chaos Earth™, Beyond the Supernatural™ and Palladium Fantasy®)."

... And so it is so. :eek: :eek: Now be sure to bang & storm down the doors of Palladiumbooks so they know that the demand for this product is seething with relentless hunger.
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Premier wrote:From the latest weekly update:
"UPDATE: Splicers®. The manuscript for two Splicers® sourcebooks arrived today. Fear not, we plan to get the books in the pipeline out before we start looking at new material, but you can look forward to Splicers® sourcebooks later this year. (Along with sourcebooks for Chaos Earth™, Beyond the Supernatural™ and Palladium Fantasy®)."

... And so it is so. :eek: :eek: Now be sure to bang & storm down the doors of Palladiumbooks so they know that the demand for this product is seething with relentless hunger.

:eek: OMG, is it true!!??
The Dragon Has Spoken
Witchcraft
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Witchcraft »

This is awesome news!
There is no spoon.
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

I only skimmed the Update and missed this news. Thanks for passing it along.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913

Return to “Splicers®”