Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

But I did get some ideas(including some 'necromancy' items) from my short vacation, and I'm hoping some extra energy to finish up some of the WIPs that have been loitering on the Codex lists far too long. But of course work has me doing extra odd hours to make up for my absence. :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:But I did get some ideas(including some 'necromancy' items) from my short vacation, and I'm hoping some extra energy to finish up some of the WIPs that have been loitering on the Codex lists far too long. But of course work has me doing extra odd hours to make up for my absence. :D

Hope you enjoyed your time off. Look forward to what you got. And I gotta get going on some of the ideas I've had just sitting around for awhile..
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Uploaded pretty much all the Ghost Rider stuff. Unless I've missed something (anyone want to double check for me?)
Got the Hawkmoon page up now. Will be working on uploading more Hawkmoon stuff.

I'm also trying to find all of the Hoyt stuff. Anyone who has all of the references (including random thoughts, stats, our random postings of his goings on and interactions with others and his ex (pre, during and post dating) please send them my way so I can start posting these random tidbits of fun we have on the forums (as I slowly collect it all, insert bits into various pages and just a few pages of actual rambles (like the various Ghost Rider Interludes and crossover stuff taalismn's done).
taalismn
Priest

Because I've been remiss in posting stuff for the girls...

New Shemarrian Necromancer Item

*Xiticix Skull---This multi-eyed skullpiece, resembling a decapitated Xitixic skull, but more often than not made of ceramic composites, fits over the wearer’s crown and eyes, with a beak and mandibles sometimes attached. Besides giving the wearer improved peripheral vision, the helm allows control of summoned swarms of insects.
In reality, the insects are airborne micro-bots, ranging from as large as a cicada to as small as an IRMSS nanobot. In general, these micro-robots aren’t individually very formidable and can not do any real damage, but if present in large enough numbers, they can blind people caught in the swarm, drop tracers, or even perform small acts of sabotage. They can also take advantage of ‘swarm intelligence’ in large numbers, like schools of fish, the swarm moving and behaving as a larger organism, albeit under the direction of the Necromancer.
MDC of Headdress:
Special Abilities: 100
-Pamoramic Optics---The multiple eyes of the ‘Xiticix’ give the wearer greater peripheral vision, and a +1 to initiative against ambush from the sides/behind.
-’Summon and Command Insects’---The wearer of the helm can summon up a swarm of 1d4x100 (minimum)-several million ‘e-insects’ that move via ‘swarm logic’ at the general command of the helm-wearer. The Necromancer can control them from as far away as 2 miles.
Surounding somebody in a cloud of these things is akin to being caught in a dust storm; visibility drops to about 10 ft, and initiative and speed are HALVED. Victims will be distracted by the ‘insects’ flying into uncovered orificies such as the nose and mouth, and into the eyes.

“E-Insects”:
SDC per Bug: 1-2 each
Speed:(Flying)Flying speed of 20
Range: Micro-battery good for 45 minutes flight, an hour ir more crawling; can be prolonged via mini-solar cells that allow continious operation in broad daylight. If EM security isn’t an issue, the Shemarrians may use broadcast power to keep the microbots active and aloft longer.
*Electro-Midge---A mosquito-sized microbot. They can register atmosperic conditions, the presence and movement of objects in their area of operation, and can be used to passively ‘tag’ targets with transponders. Enough of them can clog orificies and respirators.
*Button-Bug---The flying equivalent of RMK button drones. They are individually slightly more capable than electro-midges, and can provide a more comprehensive topographic survey of land and objects, and provide detailed EM/thermographic charts of objects they crawl across. They can also potentially ‘nibble’ through SDC screens and filters.
*Explosive Chip Beetle---Larger cicada-sized e-insect that can explode, doing 2 SDC in a 4 inch radius.
Other variants include ‘fireflies’ with LEDs, ‘squitos’ with blood-drawing capability(does minimal damage, but can acquire blood samples), and ‘buzzers’ which emit a harsh buzzing sound.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Because I've been remiss in posting stuff for the girls...

New Shemarrian Necromancer Item

*Xiticix Skull---This multi-eyed skullpiece, resembling a decapitated Xitixic skull, but more often than not made of ceramic composites, fits over the wearer’s crown and eyes, with a beak and mandibles sometimes attached. Besides giving the wearer improved peripheral vision, the helm allows control of summoned swarms of insects.
In reality, the insects are airborne micro-bots, ranging from as large as a cicada to as small as an IRMSS nanobot. In general, these micro-robots aren’t individually very formidable and can not do any real damage, but if present in large enough numbers, they can blind people caught in the swarm, drop tracers, or even perform small acts of sabotage. They can also take advantage of ‘swarm intelligence’ in large numbers, like schools of fish, the swarm moving and behaving as a larger organism, albeit under the direction of the Necromancer.
MDC of Headdress:
Special Abilities: 100
-Pamoramic Optics---The multiple eyes of the ‘Xiticix’ give the wearer greater peripheral vision, and a +1 to initiative against ambush from the sides/behind.
-’Summon and Command Insects’---The wearer of the helm can summon up a swarm of 1d4x100 (minimum)-several million ‘e-insects’ that move via ‘swarm logic’ at the general command of the helm-wearer. The Necromancer can control them from as far away as 2 miles.
Surounding somebody in a cloud of these things is akin to being caught in a dust storm; visibility drops to about 10 ft, and initiative and speed are HALVED. Victims will be distracted by the ‘insects’ flying into uncovered orificies such as the nose and mouth, and into the eyes.

“E-Insects”:
SDC per Bug: 1-2 each
Speed:(Flying)Flying speed of 20
Range: Micro-battery good for 45 minutes flight, an hour ir more crawling; can be prolonged via mini-solar cells that allow continious operation in broad daylight. If EM security isn’t an issue, the Shemarrians may use broadcast power to keep the microbots active and aloft longer.
*Electro-Midge---A mosquito-sized microbot. They can register atmosperic conditions, the presence and movement of objects in their area of operation, and can be used to passively ‘tag’ targets with transponders. Enough of them can clog orificies and respirators.
*Button-Bug---The flying equivalent of RMK button drones. They are individually slightly more capable than electro-midges, and can provide a more comprehensive topographic survey of land and objects, and provide detailed EM/thermographic charts of objects they crawl across. They can also potentially ‘nibble’ through SDC screens and filters.
*Explosive Chip Beetle---Larger cicada-sized e-insect that can explode, doing 2 SDC in a 4 inch radius.
Other variants include ‘fireflies’ with LEDs, ‘squitos’ with blood-drawing capability(does minimal damage, but can acquire blood samples), and ‘buzzers’ which emit a harsh buzzing sound.

Nice. OOH.. I can see Clan Vespa aiding in the E-Insect creation and expanding the type of bugs!
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[
Nice. OOH.. I can see Clan Vespa aiding in the E-Insect creation and expanding the type of bugs!

Oh yeah, that's right up their alley. :D :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:

Hmm... now I can see giant insect wings.. but what would make them different from the dragon wings already available? And what over magical/supernatural creatures can we make items from?

Oh.. now I just had an idea.. unless someone already thought of it.. The Thousand Dragons.. instead of Monst-Rex and Monst-Crane.. they have warsteeds based on dragons. Shemarrian Wolves replaced with large reptilian or dragon-like creatures.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

kronos wrote:Nice. OOH.. I can see Clan Vespa aiding in the E-Insect creation and expanding the type of bugs!

You might take a look at Swarm Lord O.C.C. from Splicers, for some other Bugs.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Hmm... now I can see giant insect wings.. but what would make them different from the dragon wings already available? And what over magical/supernatural creatures can we make items from?

Oh.. now I just had an idea.. unless someone already thought of it.. The Thousand Dragons.. instead of Monst-Rex and Monst-Crane.. they have warsteeds based on dragons. Shemarrian Wolves replaced with large reptilian or dragon-like creatures.

Already working on a winged Elite for Clan Vespa, a cyborg body to replace the organic BeeGirls' bodies when they reach the end of their normal lifespans...it will have insect-style wasp-wings and a few other properties unique to it. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Already working on a winged Elite for Clan Vespa, a cyborg body to replace the organic BeeGirls' bodies when they reach the end of their normal lifespans...it will have insect-style wasp-wings and a few other properties unique to it. :D

Awesome!
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Only a quick upload today.. Clan Armorand and their home planet Haldas uploaded, along with a set of Cyborg Armour created by them..

Clan Armorand Burst Cyborg Armour
Clan Armorand prefers melee combat, and specializes in anti-siege warfare, able to defend against all odds. With most of their forces being partial or full conversion cyborgs, they have developed cyborg armour. Burst armour is fundamentally similar to heavy infantry cyborg armour, except it is fitted with several devices of what is similar to anti-infantry fletchette packs mounted around the body, and are triggered by the wearer.
Wearers of Burst Cyborg armour would be positioned at the front of choke points, where enemies would be clustered in front of them, then trigger packs to deal with several waves of opponents, or slowing down the first wave before they closed within melee range. The ones on the arms can be used to affect forwards, back or to the sides. The two on the back are usually used to cover retreats. The packs are positioned and designed to not affect the wearer.
MDC: +350 MDC main body, +50 MDC to arms, +100 MDC to legs and +40 MDC to the head.
Increase weight by +200 lbs.
Flechette Packs
Range: 50 foot long, 25 foot wide cone.
Damage: 3d6 MD to all within affected area.
Payload: 4 packs on front, one each arm, 2 on back.
Notes: Infantry caught in the blast area can attempt to dodge at -4. Those with Autododge can dodge at -1.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:Only a quick upload today.. Clan Armorand and their home planet Haldas uploaded, along with a set of Cyborg Armour created by them...

Ewwwww....I'd thought about active armor for 'borgs! Good job on beating me to it! :ok:
Adds a whole new element to the Roman Phalanx... :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:Only a quick upload today.. Clan Armorand and their home planet Haldas uploaded, along with a set of Cyborg Armour created by them...

Ewwwww....I'd thought about active armor for 'borgs! Good job on beating me to it! :ok:
Adds a whole new element to the Roman Phalanx... :twisted:

Against swarms of light infantry, it's nasty, may not kill stuff out right, but when you damage a whole bunch of enemies at once, may make some stop and hesitate a moment or two. And I thought would be perfect in their type of fighting. Plus they needed a little bit of loving.
taalismn
Priest

Indeed.
" And they're great for getting through the mob on Bargain Day at the Munitions Mall."
"Wait, you wear those things at what amounts to an ammo depot?! ARMED?! OH SHI-"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Indeed.
" And they're great for getting through the mob on Bargain Day at the Munitions Mall."
"Wait, you wear those things at what amounts to an ammo depot?! ARMED?! OH SHI-"

Hehehe. Yeah.. You don't get between any Shemarrian and a good deal on ammo.
Speaking of ammo.. here's something I whipped up real quick for the Horrorwoods as they need a little loving..

Vine Missiles
The Horrorwoods tribe is known to be more in tune with nature, but that doesn't mean they are weak. The Horrorwoods boasts one of the largest ground forces among all the original tribes. They specialize in blending technology and nature in their use of techno-plants planted throughout their territory to act as eyes and ears and even as remote defense platforms. From this technology the Horrorwoods developed vine weaponry. Warheads in various sizes of missiles are fitted with containers, instead of explosives, which contain genetically engineered plant bundle, infused with nanites.
Upon striking a target, or ground, the warhead opens and releases the plant bundle which seeks to plant roots in the ground, able to burrow in dirt, rock and even megadamage concrete and metals, anchoring it in place as it rapidly grows to cover a larger area, sprouting thick powerful vines. These vines will slap, grab and entangle enemies within reach, or whatever they happen to hit, and will continue to do so for as long as they live.
If the plant bundle roots itself into metal or concrete more than 5 inches thick, it will live for about 5 hours, unless there is a supply of water close by (a good rain will extend the life by 1 hour for every 10 minutes of rain). If it can root into dirt, the vines can live for years, like real plants.
The nanites within the plant help accelerate the plant bundle to cover a large area by delivering growth chemicals, with bundles delivered by different sized missiles covering a certain sized area as a base. These nanites also contain radio receivers that will not attack Shemarrian forces via IFF systems. They can also accelerate healing the plant and vines if damaged in combat.
While some might think these weapons as useless, the Horrorwoods use them extensively, able to create barriers that will slow and even hold infantry and small robots and vehicles, slowing larger ones, allowing them to control the battlefield better. Also these plants do not damage the environment, they actually help it by adding new plant life. When the plants die, they make good fertilizer for future plant life, allowing nature to recover faster after a battle. The plant/vines can live for 5 to 10 years easily without any outside interference. Some battlefields that saw extensive use of Vine Missiles have become thick forests within 20 years with seeds of other plants and trees planted after the battle.

Mini-Missiles
Range: 1 Mile
MDC: Vines 15 MDC, root bundle 30, -5 to strike due to vines moving about it. Heals 1d4 MD per melee round.
Damage: 2d6 upon impact. Plus plant bundle rooting.
Anything struck by the missile or within 5 feet of it is immediately strike with vines, wrapping and entangling limbs. Targets must make a Dodge roll vs vines Entangle +2 roll.
The vines and roots will grow to cover a 10 foot wide area, with powerful vines during the round it was deployed. Any new targets entering its 10 ft area during the round it is deployed must dodge vines attempting to entangle them.
The next melee round the vines are full size and will attempt to attack as well as entangle anything not a Shemarrian or Shemarrian friendly. The plant will have 5 attacks, with 5 vines for slapping, +4 to strike, dealing 3d6 MD and can make an immediate entangle attempt upon a successful strike, +6 to entangle. Once a target is entangled, the target will be transferred to shorter stronger vines, freeing the primary vines for attacking. These smaller vines will do 5D6 MD squeezing damage, with an effective Robotic Strength 30. 3 targets up to 8 feet can be held and entangled at a time.

Short Range Missiles
Range: 1 Mile
MDC: Vines 30 MDC, root bundle 50, -5 to strike due to vines moving about it. Heals 1d6 MD per melee round.
Damage: 2d6 upon impact. Plus plant bundle rooting.
Anything struck by the missile or within 5 feet of it is immediately strike with vines, wrapping and entangling limbs. Targets must make a Dodge roll vs vines Entangle +2 roll.
The vines and roots will grow to cover a 10 foot wide area, with powerful vines during the round it was deployed. Any new targets entering its 10 ft area during the round it is deployed must dodge vines attempting to entangle them.
The next melee round the vines are full size and will attempt to attack as well as entangle anything not a Shemarrian or Shemarrian friendly. The plant will have 3 attacks, with 5 vines for slapping, +4 to strike, dealing 3d6 MD and can make an immediate entangle attempt upon a successful strike, +6 to entangle. Once a target is entangled, the target will be transferred to shorter stronger vines, freeing the primary vines for attacking. These smaller vines will do 5D6 MD squeezing damage, with an effective Robotic Strength 30. 3 targets up to 8 feet can be held and entangled at a time. Anything not entangled attempting to move through the area the vines are covering suffers -10% speed and -2 to Dodge attacks from outside sources.

Short Range Missiles
Range: 4 Mile
MDC: Vines 35 MDC, root bundle 70, -5 to strike due to vines moving about it. Heals 1d6 MD per melee round.
Damage: 4d6 upon impact. Plus plant bundle rooting.
Anything struck by the missile or within 10 feet of it is immediately strike with vines, wrapping and entangling limbs. Targets must make a Dodge roll vs vines Entangle +3 roll.
The vines and roots will grow to cover a 20 foot wide area, with powerful vines during the round it was deployed. Any new targets entering its 20 ft area during the round it is deployed must dodge vines attempting to entangle them.
The next melee round the vines are full size and will attempt to attack as well as entangle anything not a Shemarrian or Shemarrian friendly. The plant will have 5 attacks, with 10 vines for slapping, +5 to strike, dealing 4d6+2 MD and can make an immediate entangle attempt upon a successful strike, +7 to entangle. Once a target is entangled, the target will be transferred to shorter stronger vines, freeing the primary vines for attacking. These smaller vines will do 6D6+6 MD squeezing damage, with an effective Robotic Strength 35. 6 targets up to 8 feet can be held and entangled at a time, or 4 up to 15 ft, 1 20 ft. Anything not entangled attempting to move through the area the vines are covering suffers -20% speed and -4 to Dodge attacks from outside sources.

Medium Range Missiles
Range: 40 Mile
MDC: Vines 40 MDC, root bundle 90, -5 to strike due to vines moving about it. Heals 1d6 MD per melee round.
Damage: 6d6 upon impact. Plus plant bundle rooting.
Anything struck by the missile or within 20 feet of it is immediately strike with vines, wrapping and entangling limbs. Targets must make a Dodge roll vs vines Entangle +4 roll.
The vines and roots will grow to cover a 40 foot wide area, with powerful vines during the round it was deployed. Any new targets entering its 40 ft area during the round it is deployed must dodge vines attempting to entangle them.
The next melee round the vines are full size and will attempt to attack as well as entangle anything not a Shemarrian or Shemarrian friendly. The plant will have 7 attacks, with 15 vines for slapping, +6 to strike, dealing 5d6 MD and can make an immediate entangle attempt upon a successful strike, +8 to entangle. Once a target is entangled, the target will be transferred to shorter stronger vines, freeing the primary vines for attacking. These smaller vines will do 7D6+6 MD squeezing damage, with an effective Robotic Strength 35. 10 targets up to 8 feet can be held and entangled at a time, or 6 up to 15 ft, 3 up 20 ft, 1 up to 40 ft. Anything not entangled attempting to move through the area the vines are covering suffers -30% speed and -4 to Dodge attacks from outside sources.

Long Range Missiles
Range: 500 Mile
MDC: Vines 45 MDC, root bundle 100, -5 to strike due to vines moving about it. Heals 1d8 MD per melee round.
Damage: 8d6 upon impact. Plus plant bundle rooting.
Anything struck by the missile or within 30 feet of it is immediately strike with vines, wrapping and entangling limbs. Targets must make a Dodge roll vs vines Entangle +4 roll.
The vines and roots will grow to cover a 60 foot wide area, with powerful vines during the round it was deployed. Any new targets entering its 60 ft area during the round it is deployed must dodge vines attempting to entangle them.
The next melee round the vines are full size and will attempt to attack as well as entangle anything not a Shemarrian or Shemarrian friendly. The plant will have 8 attacks, with 30 vines for slapping, +8 to strike, dealing 6d6+4 MD and can make an immediate entangle attempt upon a successful strike, +10 to entangle. Once a target is entangled, the target will be transferred to shorter stronger vines, freeing the primary vines for attacking. These smaller vines will do 9D6+6 MD squeezing damage, with an effective Robotic Strength 40. 20 targets up to 8 feet can be held and entangled at a time, or 10 up to 15 ft, 6 up 20 ft, 3 up to 40 ft, 1 up to 60 feet. Anything not entangled attempting to move through the area the vines are covering suffers -50% speed and -6 to Dodge attacks from outside sources.
Last edited by kronos on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn
Priest

I LIKE THEM!
They're like PS's tangleweed rounds, only meaner....
They're the sort of weapon that would even have Poison Ivy rooting for the machines. :wink:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:I LIKE THEM!
They're the sort of weapon that would even have Poison Ivy rooting for the machines. :wink:

PS tangleweed rounds? I forgot about those.. now gotta find them..

I'm tempted to make alternate versions of these.. thorned ones that deal a bit of bonus slashing damage and can deliver a poison, usually a paralyzing agent (if it's not moving frees up vines for slashing and entangling).. maybe some with thorns that are filled with a bio-explosive with a delay that after the target it strike and thorn embedded, the plant attacks something else and the embedded target can attempt to get way then BOOM!
Acid spewing vines? Poison gas releasing flowers.. creates seed pods that can be launched like grenades... time to go through Splicers!
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:

I'm tempted to make alternate versions of these.. thorned ones that deal a bit of bonus slashing damage and can deliver a poison, usually a paralyzing agent (if it's not moving frees up vines for slashing and entangling).. maybe some with thorns that are filled with a bio-explosive with a delay that after the target it strike and thorn embedded, the plant attacks something else and the embedded target can attempt to get way then BOOM!
Acid spewing vines? Poison gas releasing flowers.. creates seed pods that can be launched like grenades... time to go through Splicers!

Owwwwwww........ugly things happen when two disciplines(biology and nanotechnology) collide and combine....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Owwwwwww........ugly things happen when two disciplines(biology and nanotechnology) collide and combine....

There's already some nanite tech in the vine missiles.. it's what causes the vines to grow to the sizes they get within 15 seconds, gives the vines the strength, the ability to identify Shemarrian forces, and also heal so damn quick! And I realized I made a mistake on the Mini-Missile vine missiles by forgetting to put the MDC in...
taalismn
Priest

Wayfinder Hatshepsa Elite
(aka ‘Shemar-Sphinx’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img777_zps04yj65b1.jpg
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img780_zps39nk3pkr.jpg

“My only real complaint since becoming a Hatshepsi is that with my big body I can no longer get into small spaces to do fine work like I used to. I can’t crawl under a truck to get at the underside; these days I have to pick up the entire truck. On the other hand, I can do a lot more with my built-ins than I could as a fleshbag, and I can build pyramids like it’s second nature to me.”

“Nice of your demon-####ers to come all this way into the trap I constructed specifically for you! I’d have hated to go to all the trouble and effort of building this place and everything in it, just to have you do a no-show and go someplace else to cause trouble. But since you came, let me be a gracious host and continue with the night’s entertainment for those of you who made it past the entrance. Ewww...calling your bosses for help? Sorry, no can do; this party’s just for you. Oh, hey, nice try, but that door just sets loose my collection of skelebots. Nasty buggers, but they’re fun party-favors for people I don’t particularly like.”
---’All-Purpose Ali’, Senemut-conversion Technowizard and stonemason, to a war party of Deevil-worshippers in the former’s ‘lair’, somewhere in the Calgary highlands.

For a Tribe of second-lived eccentrics, experimenters, pokers, prodders, technowizards, oddballs, and tinkerers, the Wayfinders are actually fairly conservative when it comes to Elites. This may be due to the egalitarian nature of the Tribe, or the fact that since most Wayfinders tinker with their own bodies to one degree or other, they don’t feel obliged to be pigeonholed with a specific classification of body-frame. Their ‘elites’ to date, the Pathfinder and the Ariona, have been derivatives of existing bodyframes or, in the latter case, specially developed to accommodate non-bipedal converts.
Thus, when the Wayfinders began debuting the Hatshepsa in their ranks, it was automatically assumed to be a fairly conservative effort to accommodate a sphinx cyborg convert. The use of a Monstrex body frame, now that the Wayfinders were producing them in their own enclaves, was seen as keeping with the conservative nature of Wayfinder ‘elites’. In reality, the Hatshepsa is a full-body Upgrade class designed by one of the Tribe’s Tinkers, and meant for engineers and construction-oriented types. The name derives from the famous ‘woman pharaoh’ of ancient Egypt, known for her massive building programs launched during her reign.
The Hatshepsa resembles a Monstrex body with an oversized Shemarrian humanoid head grafted on. The forelegs have been remodeled into heavier paws suitable for excavation work, but the forelegs also conceal an array of extendable sub-manipulator arms and tool appendages. The stout body conceals an array of industrial sensors and PPE generators powering various technowizardry application systems. A dorsal hardpoint allows for the fitting of various accessory systems, such as cargo panniers, weapons mounts, or winged jetpacks.
Hatshepsas are often seen in the field in the position of combat engineers, and as the guardians of static resource sites, such as EShemarrian factory complexes and supply depots. They will be frequently in charge of retinues of Utility e-animals and Warmounts such as the A-003 Monst-Rex “Pack Mule”, EcoS-K-1 Monstropede, EcoS-K-40 Cyclopede and EcoS-K-52 Slingtail.
Clan Pantheron has expressed an interest in the Hatshepsa, making it possible that the design may begin appearing in the ranks of that fringe tribe.

Type: Shemar Hatshepsa
Class: Robot Felinoid
Crew: Advanced Neural or Transferred Intelligence
M.D.C. By Location:
Foreleg Manipulator Arms(8 ) 20 each
Legs(4) 220 each
Tail 75
Head 150. *
Antennae(2) 20 each
Main Body 430 *
*Can wear the equivalent of Heavy Barding: +140 Main Body, and +100 to Head
Height: 10 feet
Width: 7 feet
Length: 15 feet w/ 10 ft tail
Weight: 2,000 lbs.
Power System: Nuclear
Physical Attributes: Equal to Robotic PS. 35, PP. 24,.
Cargo: Only what can be carried strapped to the cyberfelinoid’s sides
Speed:
Running: 190 MPH. Reduce by 40% if carrying full cargo panniers/saddle pods(see Options)
Jumping: 30 ft up/across from standing start. A running start in excess of 60 MPH, adds 1d4x10 yards /meters lengthwise, and 20 ft to height.
Flying: Not possible without a jetpack attachment(see Options)
Underwater: Can swim at 20 MPH and endure depths of 1,800 ft.
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the (E)Shemarrian Tribes
Systems of Note:
Standard Shemarrian Robot Systems, plus:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that originated with the Ecotroz Shemar, but has also been adopted by the Ghost Riders. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 100 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Tool Arms---The forelimbs of the Hatshepsa conceal an array of tools patterned after the Mekanical forearms of the Russian Warlords’ cyborg troupes. Each forearm contains four sub-arms, and are fitted with laser cutters/welders, light drill, sander/buffer, screwdriver, snips, pliers/clamp, flashlight, hammer, and nail-driver(100 nails in helical magazine). Each mini arm has a P.S. 10, P.P. 10, 20 MDC, and a reach of 3 ft beyond the forepaw.

* Engineering Sensor Array---Includes ultrasonic scanner(places paw up against object to be scanned), x-ray vision(this requires an active x-ray source on the other side of the object being examined), EM sensor/circuit mapper, magnetic resonance scanner, and metal detector.

*Ground Sensors---With all four feet firmly on the ground, the Hatshepsa can ‘hear’ through its feet. The system has both active and passive modes; active mode emitts ultra-low frequency sound waves, acting as a sort of subterrrean sonar. The return waves are detected by ground sensors in the Hatshepsa's feet(or deployed on other vehicles), and a computer compiles a graphic map of the underground topography. This has proven to be an extremely useful tool for locating buried ruins, charting geological resources, and finding underground installations.
Note that when in Active Mode characters with amplified/enhanced hearing, like Dog Boys or cybernetic Ultra-ears, standing within 500 feet of the Hatshepsa will hear an annoying low-key buzz, and may feel
nauseous/suffer from headaches if exposed to the noise for more than a minute.
Ground scans will take 2-4 times as long as a standard radar/sensor sweep. Typical range on a ground scan is 1000 ft. .
In passive mode, the Ground Sensors can be used alone to listen for underground activity, such as burrowing animals, tunneling vehicles, water running thru pipes, etc., as well as surface movement. Passive sensors can detect the surface movement of large animals(2 tons or more), robots, heavy vehicles, or large masses of infantry with 40% accuracy, up to a mile away.

*PPE Generator Powerstone----PPE Capacity:(Heavy)----300 PPE battery capacity; recharges at 2 PPE per hour, 10 PPE/hour at a leyline, 20 PPE/hour on a nexus or in a dimensional pyramid
*TW Spellcaster System---A multi-mode TW spell system that can be reconfigured and upgraded to hold and deploy a variety of spells.
The Hatshepsa typically carries the following spells:
-(Mend the Broken) Magic fix-it. 50 ft range. Repairs objects as long as they have 20% of their original SDC/MDC left. Will not repair electronics or software, but will seal cracks and remove corrosion, rot, and blemishing. 5+1 PPE per 2 SDC points of the object being repaired, or 15 PPE per 1 point of MDC
-(Mend Stone) Cement surgery. 50 ft range. Will fix up to 700 lbs of stone, concrete(but not rebar) pottery, and asphalt(the road will have a patchwork appearance, and painted lines will NOT be restored). DOUBLES the effective SDC/MDC of crumbling stone, stops deterioration, and restores 3d6 MDC to Stone Golems and Earth Elementals. 8 PPE per shot
-(Mend Metal) Metal mender. 50 ft range. Restores 4d6+40 SDC to metalwork, 1d6 MDC to megadamage metal structures, and 2d6 MDC to Iron Golems and Automatons. 15 PPE per shot

-(Create Steel) Handy in salvage work. 10 ft range. Recycles scrap metal, wreckage and raw ore into usable metal. 100 lbs of raw material yields 200 SDC worth of reclaimed metal, 10 lbs for 15 MDC. 34 PPE per use.

-(Implosion Neutralizer) Useful in demolitions disposal. 500 ft range, and reduces the damage and blast radius of explosives by HALF. 10 minute duration. 6 PPE per use.

-(Sense Mines and Traps) Goes hand in hand with Implosion Neutralizer; what better way to avoid having to escape an explosion than to avoid it altogether? Can sense traps at 94% for 10 minutes, at a cost of 6 PPE per use.

Depending on the Elite, other spells may be substituted or added. Earth Elemental spells are popular, as are off-book techno-spells.

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye Lasers(2)----Warmount standards, though the Hatshepsa are more inclined to use these lasers for stone carving and signing their cartouche signatures to their works(and often to humiliating effect on enemies). Almost immediately after the first conversion, the new Hatshepsa modified her own eyes to be variable power, allowing for power levels suitable for laser welding to armor vaporizing.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: Tunable, from 1d4 SDC to 3d6 MD per single blast, or 6d6 MD per double blast
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

2) Heavy VibroClaws---Each paw can extend a fearsome array of vibroblade cutlery:
Damage: 2d4-8d6+3 MD
Note: Many Hatshepsa modify their claws to copy Naruni ‘ripper’ blades, causing wounds that take longer to heal. They also copy the Naruni weapons in adding silver plating, making their claw attacks that much more effective against enemies vulnerable to the touch of silver.

3) Bite---Hatshepsa are less inclined to actually BITE opponents(it lacks class and speaks of a certain uncouth desperation), but they can still deliver a nasty bite.
Damage: 1d4 MD

4) Prehensile Tail---The tail is long and whip-like, capable of delivering a stinging strike, but can be fitted/replaced with other tail types as well(see Options).
Range: 12 ft reach
Damage: 1d4 MD lash, 1d6 MD stab

5) Shoulder Weapons Mounts(2)----The Hatshepsa carries two weapons mounts identical to those standard on the baseline Monstrex.

Programming/Skills:
Use the Tinker/Spinster programming for Elite Upgrades, or the original OCC/RCC skills for Transferred Intelligences. The Hatshepsa typically is given to engineering-oriented occupations, such as Operators or Technowizards.

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: (NeShemar) By skill and skill level
Note: Bonuses are in addition to those possible from the NeShemar’s elective training
(NeShemar)
Initiative +1
Dodge +6
Parry +6
Strike +5(+1 w/ ranged weapons due to targeting sensors)
Roll +2
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 18-20
+1 save vs all psionic attacks
+3 save vs magic
impervious to bio-manipulation
+2 save vs possession
+1 save vs magic illusions and mind control

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: (EShemar) 8(2 from tail)
(EShemar)
Note: Bonuses are in addition to those from the Ecotroz Shemar’s training/programming
Initiative +3
Dodge +6 (+8 when running in excess of 75 MPH)
Strike +2 (+4 w/ ranged weaponry, +6 w/ Shemarrian Rail Guns)
Roll +3
Parry +6
Pull Punch/Claw: +4
Critical Strike on a Natural 18920

Damage: (All)
Restrained Bite/Nip 6d6 SDC
Full Strength Bite 1d4 MD
Blunt Claw Strike 2d4 MD
Claw Strike 4d6 +3 MD
Power Claw Strike(2 attacks) 8d6+3 MD
Claw w/ Rear Legs 3d6 MD
Tail Slash 1d4 MD
Tail Stab 1d6 MD
Pounce/Body Block 1d6 MD
Leap Attack 4d6 MD and 65% chance of knocking opponents up to 2,400 lbs in weight off their feet(lose initiative and 2 APM getting back up)

Options:
*Lux-Headdress---A bejeweled headdress in the style of the traditional ancient Egyptian cowl, the Lux is really a laser weapons system that works in concert with the laser eyes.
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast, or 6d6 MD per double blast

*Modular Saddle-Harness
a) Cargo Panniers----Identical to the Monstrex ‘Mule’. Being based on that Warmount, the Hatshepsa can carry/pull three times its Robotic P.S.

b) Missile Pods----19 mini-missiles each OR four short range missiles OR one medium-range missile each pod.

c) Gun Pods---Can carry a Shemarrian Rail Gun of any model, with ammunition drum, in a fixed-forward firing position.

d) Jet-Pack Wing---A powerful jetpack with its own power source, articulated folding wings, and the ability to serve as a remote control wing or semiautonomous drone. Some ex-Tolkeenites claim they reverse engineered the system from stolen CS Lone Star PA-101W ‘Death Wings’.
MDC/Armor By Location:
Wings(2) 210 each
Main Thrusters(2) 100 each
Directional Thruster Pods(2) 60 each
Main Body 290
Wingspan: 20 ft
Weight: +1 ton
Speed:(Flying) 400 MPH, maximum altitude of 9,000 ft
Penalties: Reduce running speed by 30% while the wings are attached to the Hatshepsa, due to weight and encumbrance.
Systems of Note:
-Radar--7 mile range
-Basic Robot Optics
-Laser Targeting and Combat Computer
Weapons Systems:
-WingTip Lasers(2)--4,000 ft range, 4d6 MD per single blast, 8d6/1d4x10+8 MD per double blast, DOUBLE that for BOTH guns firing simultaneously.
Bonuses: As a UAV the wing has some basic evasion and attack programming: Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 4, Dodge: +3, Strike: +2

*Prehensile Tail Options:
a) Heavy Vibroblade ---Tail ends in a heavy halbard-style vibroblade. 1d6x10 MD per strike

b) Blast Mace ---Tail ends in a heavy bludgeon studded with contact exploder plasma ‘caps’ that discharge a vaporizing charge of electricity/plasma on contact. Tail now does 3d4 MD on a smash attack, +1d6 MD from the contacts. Furthermore, victims of the blast attack lose initiative(if they already had it, and are -2 to roll with any follow-up attacks that melee round.

c) Electro-Stinger ---Tail ends in a superconductive prong that carries an electrical charge powerful enough to stun even supernatural creatures and overload the power systems of many machines.
Damage: (variable) 4d6 SDC-3d6 MD
Against machines, roll on the following:
01-15: No damage
16-30 Instruments flicker out, before coming back online in 1d4 seconds. Target loses Initiative.
31-45 All weapons temporarily out, and minor electrical fires. One system comes back online in 1d4 melee rds.
46-60 All systems temporarily out, and minor electrical fires. -30% to piloting skills if target is a manned vehicle. Systems come back online after 1d4 melee rds.
61-75 Communications, radar, and targeting are disabled, but weapons systems are unaffected. -3 to strike and no initiative. Damage requires physical repair.
76-90 Instruments are completely totaled. If a manned vehicle, the following skill penalties apply; -25% at one-third of maximum speed, -50% at HALF maximum speed, and -75% at full speed. NO initiative roll, -3 to dodge(-5 if an AI), -3 to strike(-5 if an AI), and lose one action per melee round(2 if an AI)
91-00 Total knockout. Controls do not respond, and machine is out of control. Crash/collapse/total shutdown within 2d4 minutes.
Against organic targets, the Electro-Stinger has the following effects: victim must save at 16 or higher is -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, plus speed and actions/attacks per melee are reduced by half, for 2d4 melees, plus 2d4 melees per additional strike. After being struck four times, the victim may be stunned unconscious(42% chance) for 2d4 melees. Upon waking up, the victim continues to suffer the stun penalties for 1d4 minutes.

d) Laser Tail--Adapted JA-12 Laser Rifle. It is mounted to be usable as a sniper weapon, and Hatshepsas with this option often use it to snipe from behind cover of fortifications they’ve built. On the downside, the laser tail is relatively fragile and rigid, not recommended for melee combat, and does only 6d6 SDC on a lash attack.
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 1d6x10+10 MD burst
Bonus: +1 to strike on called shots, due to attached sensor

e) Gun Pod---Originally the former technowizard who commissioned this wanted to mount the entire tail gunpod from a CS Scorpion Skullwalker in a bit of irony, but found the massive weapons package too large for the Hatshepsa’s frame. Instead, she decided to settle for a ‘lite’ version of it, sporting three Skelebot-grade C-200 ‘Dead Man’ Rail Guns, two cyborg laser forearm blasters, and a six-shot mini-missile launcher.
-Light Rail Guns(3)
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 1d4 MD single rd, 4d6 MD per 20 rd burst. 12d6 MD for all three rail guns firing simultaneously.
Payload: 2,000 rd drum per cannon
-Light Lasers(2)
Damage: 2d6 MD per blast, 4d6 MD for both lasers firing simultaneously.
Payload: Effectively unlimited
-Mini-Missiles---Payload: 6

f) Tool Tail---Mounts an array of tools similar to those in the forearms.

Variants:
* Senemut----Named for an ancient Egyptian architect, this is simply the Hatshepsa sporting male features.
Last edited by taalismn on Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Wayfinder Hatshepsa Elite
(aka ‘Shemar-Sphinx’)

Been awhile since the Wayfinders had an elite added to their ranks.
Nice.

Also.. I've been uploading Hawkmoon elites today.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
(aka ‘Shemar-Sphinx’)

Nice.

I figured t was about time for me to post something major and get back into the groove; try to get the mojo I sweated out this summer back.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:
(aka ‘Shemar-Sphinx’)

Nice.

I figured t was about time for me to post something major and get back into the groove; try to get the mojo I sweated out this summer back.

Yeah, the summer can drain the creative juices.
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

I was watching the latest Mad Max movie again today, and the exploding spear things they used got me thinking...

Shemarrian Spears

Although the standard Shemarrian Vibro-Spear is found throughout all the tribes, including many of the fringe tribes, as an excellent weapon to be used by infantry or those on warmounts, the Shemarrians have added various high tech variant spears for use, especially on warmounts with spear racks attached to saddles.

Explosive Spear
This spear has the standard vibro-blade, but behind that it has an explosive charge for added damage. The spear is 12 feet long with a shaped charge designed to focus its explosion in the direction of the blade, not harming its wielder in melee. This making the weapon useless after one use, and is usually used as a ranged weapon, with short deployable stabilizing fins. These are favoured amongst warriors on aerial warmounts, where the extra height can increase the damage of the spear strike before the explosive charge detonates.
Range: Melee or 100 ft thrown.
Damage: 2d4+1 MD spear + 5d6 MD explosive to a 10 foot area. Spear is destroyed.
Weight: 6 lbs

Laser Burst Spear
This spear can be used in melee, both before and after it is thrown, making it a good multiuse weapon. Developed by the Silvermoon tribe, this thick, heavy 12 foot spear has a standard vibroblade, plus deployable stabilizing fins for when thrown. Midway along the shaft, covered laser emitters are scattered around, and when thrown and strikes a target, or the ground amongst groups of infantry, the emitters will fire several laser pulses in all directions around it. This drains a capacitor, which can be recharged later once retrieved. The vibroblade has a separate battery to allow it to remain functioning after the laser pulse discharge. The spear is weighted so that when thrown it will land with the spearhead down, with small stabilizer fins to keep it upright.
Range: Melee or 100 ft thrown.
Damage: 2d4+1 MD spear. Laser Pulse
Laser Pulse: Once thrown and strikes a target or the ground, fires laser pulses all around dealing 3d6 MD to all within 50 foot radius. All within suffer -2 to dodge the laser pulses.
Weight: 12 lbs.
Payload: Vibro-blade has enough power for 2 days, laser pulse capacitor only has enough power for one pulse. The capacitor can be recharged via conduction with the Shemarrian, but takes 1 hour to recharge this way.

Smasher Spear
This spear was developed by the Skullcrusher tribe, measuring 16 feet, with the last 4 feet is actually a modified version of Shemarrian version of the Triax Slammer missiles. Once thrown and upon striking a target or the ground, the spear releases a concussive blast to knock targets around it off their feet. Once the spear has discharged, the slammer part detaches and the spear can be picked up and reused as a normal spear.
Range: Melee (16 ft with slammer component, 12 ft detached) or thrown 75 ft.
Damage 2d4+2 MD spear, Concussion 1d4x10 MD to 50 foot radius. Those in the area are also have (1-88%) chance to be knocked off their feet (up to 2000 lbs, thrown 1d6x10 yards, targets over 2000 lbs are pushed 1d6x10 yards -5 feet/100 lbs over 2000), and stunned (1-65%).
If only knocked down, the victim has ringing ears and a headache, but only loses one attack and initiative. Victims of a direct hit are always knocked off their feet.
If stunned, the victim is dazed: -10 strike, parry and dodge, roll with impact or pull punch, is last to attack, and loses half of their attacks per melee for 1d4 melee rounds. Speed is also reduced by half.
Weight: 26 lbs, 12 lbs after slammer component detaches.
Payload: Slammer component can only be used once, then detaches. A new slammer component can be fitted to the spear later after the spear is retrieved.

Inferno Spear
The Inferno spear is a Blood Rider vibro spear with a retractable plasma whip in the butt. The plasma whip can be set to spin, creating a fiery wall of death for anyone close by. When thrown and lands in a target or hits the ground, the weighted spear end embeds, then the plasma whip extends and spins about for a melee before retracting again to be retrieved. The Inferno can be set to extend and spin the whip up to 5 times after it has been thrown, with 15, 30, 45 or 60 second delays between each time the whip deploys and spins again. In melee, the wielder can use the spear end, or the whip, making it a versatile melee weapon.
Range: Melee spear (10 feet reach or two handed 5 ft reach), whip 20 foot reach melee
Damage: 2d4+1 MD spear, 3d6 MD plasma whip.
When thrown, lands blade down with stabilizing pylons deploy to keep it upright, the whip extends and spins for a full melee turn (15 seconds), anyone within 20 feet, moving into or out of the area, or staying within the 20 feet, for the melee takes 2d6x10 damage as the whip spins around, striking several times per second. Targets in the area can parry or dodge, and must make a parry or dodge for every action they take within the reach of the whip. With a successful parry, the target still suffers half damage from the whip spinning around so quickly. The whip can be set to spin for one melee (15 seconds) at a time up to 5 times after it has been thrown, with 15 second (1 melee) intervals up to 60 seconds. While being held the whip can be spun as long as the wielder wishes.
Bonus: Whip grants +2 to entangle.
Weight: 16 lbs
Payload: Capacitor has enough power to power the plasma whip for 5 melee rounds (75 seconds) once it has left the Shemarrian's hands.
taalismn
Priest

Ouch. :shock: 8) :demon:
Yeah, Old School is New School when you got demented AIs with access to bleeding edge technology to play around with, working to fulfill the Rule of Kewl.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Ouch. :shock: 8) :demon:
Yeah, Old School is New School when you got demented AIs with access to bleeding edge technology to play around with, working to fulfill the Rule of Kewl.

Nothing cooler than Amazon cyborgs with high tech primitive looking weapons that do awesome extra stuff like unleashing plasma blasts or fiery whips!
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:

Nothing cooler than Amazon cyborgs with high tech primitive looking weapons that do awesome extra stuff like unleashing plasma blasts or fiery whips!

...How about ones riding robot dinosaurs or flying robot sharks with lasers in their heads? :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

...How about ones riding robot dinosaurs or flying robot sharks with lasers in their heads? :bandit:

Shut up and take my money...
taalismn
Priest

EcoS-K-78 Trydra Heavy Warmount
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img559_zpst1puyxht.jpg

“Thought I’d do a walkabout, for maybe five or six different universes...Just me and Trex here. ”

The Trydra would appear to be a Thousand Dragons’ development of the Hexadra, inspired by the Wolf’s Path Treberus. The Trydra is often mistaken for a command or siege Warmount, when in fact it is intended as a long range/duration patrol and exploration ‘mount, inspired by such mundane mobile units as the Northern Gun Behemoth and Okemos Explorer robots, as well as the StoneEater Warmount. The Trydra is large and broad enough to mount a Shemarrian Caravan module on its back, providing portable living and work space for its riders. The standard module has four small rooms and an upper observation deck-dome, and can be considered quite comfortable for teams of up to six Shemarrians.
Like the Hexadra from which it is derived, the Trydra can, in addition to its land and water capabilities, FLY, albeit slowly. This allows it to bypass obstacles and gain access to areas otherwise denied a landbound vehicle.
The Trydra is very well-armed for a ‘scout’; traditional claws and teeth, are backed by a slashing tail, eye lasers, modular mouth weapons, heavy wing lasers, multiple hard points, to the point that it outguns many cavalry and assault Warmounts. However, the Trydra does not neglect its reconnaissance abilities either; its multiple heads are part of a sophisticated laser scanning system, and its wings act as part of a powerful combined EM sensor system, radar array, and high-powered radio communications antennae.
The Trydra uses a split-consciousness similar to those of the Hexadra and Dobharg, allowing at least one head to always be awake, alert, and watchful when the Ecotroz needs mental downtime. They are possessed of fairly bright, calm, observant, and loyal personalities, constantly observing their surroundings and keeping an eye over their riders/passengers. They are also very patient, and can be expected not to unexpectedly gobble down a bystander during negotiations in first contact situations, though they will also be quick to react to perceived threats.
Trydras are typically assigned to scouts and explorers, though, like all Shemarrian Warmounts, they can take their place in a line of battle readily enough. They are also, uncharacteristically for large Warmount units amongst the Shemarrian Tribes, often assigned to Male Shemarrians and NeShemar scouts. Some Tinkers have adopted Trydras as their personal rides for their private quarters, if not their workshops(these are usually carried by a Hexadra or StoneEater). They are also often assigned to communications troops, used as mobile radio relays and communications outposts when satellite systems are not available.
The Trydra appears with the Thousand Dragons, Wayfinder, Horrorwoods, Sapphire Cobra, and Dark Waters Tribes. Trydras have also recently appeared in the ranks of the IceFlames, usually with a configuration of a cryogenic attack head, an incendiary attack head, and a kinetic strike weapon in the third( sometimes called ‘cry-, fry-, and shatter’ ).

Type: EcoS-K-78 Trydra
Class: Robotic Warmount
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1-6 passengers typically
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 500
Cabin Pod 250-350
Heads (3) 90 each
Legs(4) 250 each
Wings (2) 220 each
Tail 250
Height: 24 ft; the passenger pod typically adds 18-24 ft, and the heads can rise to a full 50 ft from the shoulder.
Width: 28 ft , 110 ft wingspan
Length: 62 ft, plus 50 ft tail
Weight: 65,000 lbs
Cargo: Can carry up to 10 tons on its back.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 50
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 50 MPH
(Leaping) Not possible; the Trydra is not built for leaping or climbing.
(Flying) Hover to 220 MPH, maximum altitude of 25,000 ft.
(Space) Can maneuver in space at roughly 600 MPH
(Underwater) Can swim at 32 knts, maximum depth of 1.8 miles.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 100 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners(the Wayfinders and Iceflames in particular add PPE-sensors for mapping magic energies, ley lines, and detecting monsters).

*Sonar----5 mile range

*Long Range Radio--The Trydra has a particularly powerful radio communications suite, being able to reliably transmit up to 9,000 miles.
This system can also LISTEN IN on other radio communications, detect EM activity, including telecommunications and radar systems, and provide the Warmount with early warning of radar-guided weapons operating in its vicinity.

*Long Range Radar---Deployed when the wings are spread, the Trydra’s radar system is particularly powerful for a Warmount’s. It can be fine-tuned for early warning, target acquisition, and even weather warning. The system has a range of roughly 400 miles(the standard back-up system has a range of 100 miles).

*Magnetometer/Magnetic Anomaly Detector---Detects anomalies in the local magnetic field, such as metallic objects and EM currents.
Range: The magnetometer has a range of 4,000 ft and can detect vehicles and other metallic structures with 80% accuracy. Active electromagnetic sources such as powered-up rail guns and electromagnetic fusion containment systems can be detected at TWICE that range.

*Molecular Analyzer---The standard Shemarrian olfactory sensor system has the added benefit on the Trydra of triple-redundancy. All three heads can cross-check the result of a sniffed air sample, giving the Warmount a bonus when tracking by smell(94%). This system has proven so effective that the Wolf’s Path are seeking to copy the system for refit to their own three-headed Warmount, the Treberus.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Trydra have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 200 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Laser Scanner/LIDAR---The three heads of the Trydra contain sophisticated laser-scanning and -imagery sensors, allowing for faster, more-on-detail holographic scanning and mapping. Having three heads allows for three (slightly) different angles of scan. This further endears the Trydra to explorers like the Wayfinders.

*Tripartite Mind---Like a dolphin’s ‘swim while asleep’ capability, Trydra have a compartmentalized brain-intelligence that allows part of their brain to remain alert and watchful even as the invested Ecotroz essence goes ‘asleep’. This duality/plurality is increasingly common in the larger and longer-ranged Warmounts such as the Stone Eater and Lepidopterror, allowing them to remain apace in terms of readiness with wholly robotic constructs and Unawakened A.I.s.

Weapons Systems:
1) Head Eye Lasers(6, 2 each head) ---Standard robotic eye lasers, common in the Shemarrian arsenal.
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast, or 6d6 MD per double blast

2) Throat Weapons(3)---Each head mounts a throat-mounted weapon. Though not as powerful as those mounted by the Drakar, these weapons are still very powerful. All three heads can be fitted with the same breath weapon type, though most scout-explorers prefer to mount a variety of different weapon types to increase the range of options and chances of finding an optimal damage solution when fighting unknown opponents.
a) Light/Laser
Range: 18,000 ft in atmosphere, 32,000 ft in space
Damage: 4d6x10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: 4 times per melee

b) Ion/Lightning Breath
Range: 10,000 ft in atmosphere, 20,000 ft in space
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per bolt to primary target.
Furthermore, a secondary bolt will jump to 1d6 targets in the vicinity of the main target, starting with the nearest target(or the nearest metallic target) as long as they are within 6 ft(10 ft for metal targets) of the initial target/point of impact, then jumping to the next one until the ball lightning dissipates. Secondary targets can attempt to dodge the energy ball as standard.
Secondary targets will take HALF damage(4d6 MD).
Does only 1/4 of the original damage if the secondary targets are nonmetallic or grounded
Organic targets roll for Stun; save at 16 or better or be -8 to strike, dodge, parry, roll, and initiative, reduce APMs and Spd by HALF, for 2d4 melee rds. A successful save means lose only initiative and 1 APM for 1 melee round.
50% chance of knocking out unshielded electronics(or 1d4 subsystems like radio, electronic image amplification, cybernetic sensory implant, or the like) for 1d4 melees.
Beings susceptible to electricity take DOUBLE damage.

c) Fire/Plasma
Range: 6,000 ft in atmosphere, 12,000 ft in space
Damage: 5d6x10 MD per blast

d) Atomic/Particle Beam
Range: 11,000 ft in atmosphere, 22,000 ft in space
Damage: 5d6x10 MD per blast

e) Sonic
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per blast, plus 3d6 MD to a 10 ft diameter area around the blast area(double damage and range underwater)
Unprotected personnel must save versus non-lethal poison (16 or higher) or be stunned for 1d4 melee rds. People in sealed power armor save at an 8 or higher for the wide area blast, but make a standard save for the concentrated blast.
Sonar Blast----This is an enormous ‘belch’ of sonic cacophony that can blind sonar systems within range with a mass of ‘white noise’, knocking them out for 1d4 melees. Sonar and acoustic homing systems will lose target lock, and sonar-using creatures will be stunned and ‘blind’ for 1d4 minutes.
Vibration Blast---This takes up ALL attacks per melee to initiate and maintain, and consists of focusing a low powered beam on a sealed ship(submarines are ideal), and gradually inducing an ultra-low frequency vibration throughout its structure. While this doesn’t do any damage per se, it does affect the hearing and inner ears of crew members, causing creeping disorientation and increasing unsettledness, leading up to nausea. After one melee people with unprotected hearing(or un-insulated contact with the ship’s hull structure) will be -1 to strike, parry, and dodge, and -5% to skills(they become easily distracted). After two melees they are -2 to strike, parry, and dodge, -10% to skills, and are -10% to their sense of balance...and so on...People with protected hearing are immune to the effect, but beings with enhanced hearing are TWICE as susceptible to the effects.
This setting is most effective against vessels 60 ft long or smaller...larger vessels will take an extra full melee per 50 ft of length for this to work...or several cannon working in concert, to be effective.

f) EM Bolt/Electromagnetic Vortex Cannon
Range: 8,000 ft in atmosphere, 16,000 ft in space
Damage: 2d4x10 MD at point of impact
Within a 70 ft radius, people, animals, and objects weighing less than 500 lbs are 90% likely to be knocked off their feet and hurled 3d4 yards/meters.
Characters/objects of 500-1,000 lbs weight are 50% likely to be knocked aside 1d4 yards/meters.
Objects of a ton or more are only 25% likely to be knocked over.
Flying characters/objects get knocked away twice the normal distance
EM bolts are -6 to dodge
Rate of Fire: Three times per melee

g) Freeze Laser---A more powerful version of a technology acquired elsewhere, and modified with the assistance of the Iceflame tribe.
Range:(Beam Mode) 2,000 ft
(Spray Mode) 900 ft
Damage: (Beam Mode) This slows down molecular motion in a relatively tight area(1-2 ft wide area), lowering the temperature to almost absolute zero... fabrics like nylon and polyester shatter like glass, electromagnetic superconductivity jumps, and liquids crystallize instantly. Ideal for cold-welding materials, freezing mechanical joints, and snuffing out plasma torches. Does 2d8 MD to structures and 4d6 MD to MDC plastics and organics.
(Spray Mode) Lowers mean temperature by 1,000 degrees over a 20 ft wide area of effect---This means that it may take several applications to bring a burning pool of jet fuel down to freezing, for example, or cool an glowing hot section of plating. After reaching zero degrees Celsius, it only reduces temperature in increments of 250 degrees, then 100 degrees, then 50, and so on...
Unprotected flesh hit by the beam takes 6d6 SDC in Spray Mode. Must also roll save versus non-lethal poison(12 or better) or temporarily succumb to cold.
A victim who loses all SDC(but NOT Hit Points) to a cold attack lapses into a coma..still alive, but frozen stiff. They can be revived with even heat in 3d4 minutes. Those who lose both SDC and Hit Points are +25% to save versus coma/death, and get 3d4 Hit Points back when revived, but still suffer some cellular damage.
Beings vulnerable to cold-based attacks take DOUBLE damage, while fire elementals and fire-based beings take TRIPLE damage! Water Elementals will lose 2 APMs and cut their speed by HALF for 1d4 melees, while Ice Elementals actually HEAL 1d8 MD of damage.

h) Ion/EMP Breath
Range: 11,000 ft in atmosphere, 22,000 ft in space
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per blast
On an unmodified roll of 18-20, it causes unshielded BIONICS and robots to spasm for 1d4 melees(Cyborg is at HALF bonuses to strike, parry, dodge, roll, and is -3 to initiative. Reduce speed by HALF).
This weapon does 1d4x10 EMP damage(no physical damage) to a 10 ft radius. The resulting percentage of the target location MDC is the chance of shutdown/disablement. All damage is cumulative. Damage in excess of 50% target MDC will require repair to make it functional; 75% or more damage will require replacement of the entire electrical system. Does double damage to non-shielded civilian systems. Bionics are -1 to dodge, roll, and strike for the affected limb/system, lasting 1d4 melees, non-cumulative, before the system resets itself.

i) Pulse Disruptor---Another weapon copied from another source, this time the Golgans.
Range: 4,000 ft in atmosphere, 2 miles in space
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per blast at the point of impact, plus 1/4 that damage to everything in a 6 ft radius.

j) ElectroMagnetic Bolt Cannon
Range: 2 miles in air or underwater, 4 miles in space
Damage: 1d6x10 MD to 20 ft blast radius per bolt!
Does 50% more damage to metal hulls. Crews inside affected hulls also must dodge or take 1d6 MD from loose metal objects being thrown around by the electromagnetic vortex.
Also roll on the following for additional electromagnetic effects:
16-30 Instruments flicker out, before coming back online in 1d4 seconds. Target loses Initiative.
31-45 All weapons temporarily out, and minor electrical fires. One system comes back online in 1d4 melee rds.
46-60 All systems temporarily out, and minor electrical fires. -30% to piloting skills if target is a manned vehicle. Systems come back online after 1d4 melee rds.
61-75 Communications, radar, and targeting are disabled, but weapons systems are unaffected. -3 to strike and no initiative. Damage requires physical repair.
76-90 Instruments are completely totaled. If a manned vehicle, the following skill penalties apply; -25% at one-third of maximum speed, -50% at HALF maximum speed, and -75% at full speed. NO initiative roll, -3 to dodge(-5 if an AI), -3 to strike(-5 if an AI), and lose one action per melee round(2 if an AI)
91-00 Total knockout. Controls do not respond, and machine is out of control. Crash/collapse/total shutdown within 2d4 minutes.
Rate of Fire: Twice per melee

k) Tachyon Breath
Range: 1.5 miles (2,500 m) in atmosphere, 6 miles (10,000 m) in space w/ 3 mile wide arc*
(Kitsune Values: 3 miles in atmosphere, 300 miles in space)
* Scatter width is reduced to 1/4th in atmosphere
Damage: 2d6x10 MD per blast

l) Neutron Breath----Apparently developed from Kittani weaponry, owing to its effects on organic tissues.
Range: 6,000 ft in atmosphere, 2 miles in space
Damage: 2d6x10 MD
DOUBLE damage to organic materials

m) Storm Breath----This TechnoWizardry weapon requires the fitting of PPE generators to power; the Trydra can bellow out a literal storm(effectively a synthesis of the Air Elemental spell Hurricane and Tornado, only applicable to dry land as well ). CANNOT be cast in space.
Range: 500 ft, and affects a 120 ft area
Damage: 3d6x10 MD to large structures per melee round, 2d4x10 MD per melee to human-sized targets, for 6 melee rounds, with rushing winds throwing around debris, people being swept off their feet, and material being slammed up and down.
Payload: 30 PPE per shot

o) Ice Breath----This TechnoWizardry weapon requires the fitting of PPE generators to power; the Warmount coughs out a cloud of razor sharp ice shards and freezing vapor.
Range: 500 ft, 120 ft wide area
Damage:(Ice Shards) Creates a cloud of ice projectiles roughly 120 ft wide
Human-sized objects caught in its way will get hit with 1d6 shards, each doing 2d6 MD.
Fighter- and Robot-sized targets (16 ft or larger) will get hit by 1d4x10 shards.
Ships and targets 50 ft and larger will get hit by 2d4x10 shards.
Payload: 15 PPE per shot

p) Magma Breath----This TechnoWizardry weapon requires the fitting of PPE generators to power; the mouth spews a stream of mystically-conjured liquid rock(some describe it as ‘flaming hot asphalt’).
Range: 500 ft, 10 ft wide area; pools on the ground in a 150 ft long, 25 ft wide, and 25 ft deep area.
Damage: Does 1d6x10 MD if used as an impact weapon/in air.
Most effective if used against ground targets, where the molten material can burn for minutes, doing 2d6x10 MD per melee to anything trapped in/on it. The material remains liquid and super-hot for 5 minutes
Payload: 25 PPE per shot

q) Wheel of Fire----This TechnoWizardry weapon requires the fitting of PPE generators to power; the mouth releases a giant 10 ft thick, 15 ft diameter ‘frisbee’ of living fire that flies and loops about the battlefield, and even bounces along the ground, wreaking havoc, for a full 4 minutes.
Range: Has an effective projection range of 120 ft, but the wheel can course on its own up to 4,320 ft.
Damage: 5d8 MD per strike
Payload: 25 PPE per shot

r) Ice Bombard----This TechnoWizardry weapon requires the fitting of PPE generators to power; the mouth spits a 10 foot wide ball of super-hard ice.
Range: 1,000 ft
Damage: 5d6 MD on striking/collision, then explodes doing 3d6 MD to a 30 ft radius, plus victims must save versus magic or suffer debilitating numbness; -1 APM, -2 initiative, -1 strike/parry/dodge, and speed is reduced by 10%. Effects last 1d4 minutes, and are NOT cumulative.

s) Wind Blast---Projects a powerful and invisible ‘bullet’ of hypervelocity wind.
Range: 5,000 ft
Damage: 2d4x10+30 MD, plus target must roll to keep balance or be knocked over/down.
Payload: 30 PPE per shot

t) Sandstorm----This TechnoWizardry weapon requires the fitting of PPE generators to power; the Trydra can unleash a hard-driven windstorm of abrasive grit, Relatively harmless, but very distracting.
Range: 5,000 ft and covers a 120 square ft area for up to 10 minutes.
Damage: 1d4 SDC per melee, plus those caught in the storm lose initiative, 2 APMs, and are -5 to strike, dodge, parry, speed is reduced by 75%, and hearing is reduced by HALF due to the howling wind.
Payload: 8 PPE per shot

u) Nova Blast----This TechnoWizardry weapon requires the fitting of PPE generators to power;
Range: Has an effective range of 4,000 ft in space, 1,500 ft in atmosphere
Damage: 1d4x100 MD per blast in space, 1d4x10 MD in atmosphere

v) MicroMeteorites----This TechnoWizardry weapon requires the fitting of PPE generators to power and is usable only in space;
Range: Has an effective range of 10,000 ft in space, and covers a 100 ft radius.
Damage: 2d6x10+50 MD
Payload: 28 PPE per shot

w)Meteor Swarm in Space----This TechnoWizardry weapon requires the fitting of PPE generators to power and is usable only in space;
Range: Has an effective range of
Damage: 12d8 MD per strike
Rate of Fire: Once per melee
Payload: 145 PPE per shot

3) Wing Lasers(2)--Each wing sports a powerful laser cannon at the “wrist’.
Range: 6,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD double blast, 1d4x10+8 MD quad blast, 1d6x10 MD full 5-shot blast

4) (Optional)Underwing Ordnance Hardpoints(4, two under each wing). Can carry the equivalent number in torpedoes as missiles(this is common with DarkWaters Trydras).
a) Mini-Missile Launcher Pod---32 shot pod
b) Short Range Missile Launcher Pod--- 10 shot pod
c) Medium Range Launcher Pod--- 6 missiles
d) Long Range Missiles---1 per hardpoint

e)Bombs---Equivalent to missiles, but DOUBLE the blast radius, or use the following;
*250-lb Bomb----2d4x10 MD to 50 ft blast radius
*500-lb Bomb----4d4x10 MD to 60 ft blast radius

f) Flare/Chaff Launcher
Range: Close Defense
Damage: None; similar to Triax-style chaff
01-50 Enemy Missile or volley detonates in chaff and threat is neutralized
51-75 Missile/Volley diverts and may pursue/lock on to other targets
76-00 No Effect! Missile(s) still on target!
Will also temporarily blind and impede flying monsters who fly into it.
Reduce APMs/combat bonuses/ speed by half for 1d4 melees
Payload: 18 per launcher

g) Sprayer Pod--- This liquid storage pod deploys two diffusers from the back to spray chemicals from the back. This is typically used to control agricultural pests(if the infestation is too great, the ‘copter crew typically fires the affected field), crowd control, firefighting, or other vermin management roles.
Range: Depending on wind and altitude, the helicopter can spray a 100 foot wide swath at maximum dispersal.
Damage: Varies by chemical type. If using water, typically does 4d6 HP to vampires(‘Bless the tank, Holy Father!”).
Payload: 160 gallons

h) Napalm/Incendi-Gel Tank---Used for vermin control and ground clearance.
Range: Depending on wind and altitude, the helicopter can spray a 60 foot wide, 1,000 ft long swath at maximum dispersal
Damage: Does 2d6 MD per melee for 1d6 minutes, plus combustible materials have an 90% chance of catching fire.
Payload: 150 gallons

i)ECM Module---electronic jamming system that gives radar-guided weaponry a -4 to strike the drone. Or it can be used offensively, to foil ALL radar-guided weaponry in a 15 mile radius(-2 to strike). Additional pods DO NOT add cumulative bonuses, but do provide system redundancy.

j) Jammer-----A mini-radio jammer, that can pump out enough multi-wavelength white noise to jam civilian band communications with 90% effectiveness, and military comms with 70% effectiveness, over a 20 mile radius. Additional pods DO NOT add cumulative bonuses, but do provide system redundancy.

k) Cargo Pod---Holds up to 500 lbs of cargo.

l) Sensor Pod---Specialized sensor modules can be carried, instead.

5) (Optional) Torso Hardpoints(4, two forward, two aft)---Almost as an afterthought, the Trydra can mount Monstrex-style weapons modules, typically as close-in antipersonnel measures.

6) (Optional) Passenger Pod Weapon---The passenger pod typically mounts a top turret for a weapon(usually a rail gun or energy rifle) covering the upper and rear firing arcs of the Warmount, and manned by the passengers. Many pods also incorporate firing loops or galleries for other passengers to use their own weapons from inside the cover of the compartment.

7) Tail---The long tail ends in an impressive array of vibroblade cutlery for dissuading tailgaters. It also holds an powerful electro-stinger.
Range: Melee
Damage:
(Vibroblades) 6d6 MD
(Electro-Stinger)(variable) 4d6 SDC-3d6 MD
Against machines, roll on the following:
Against organic targets, the Electro-Stinger has the following effects: victim must save at 16 or higher is -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, plus speed and actions/attacks per melee are reduced by half, for 2d4 melees, plus 2d4 melees per additional strike. After being struck four times, the victim may be stunned unconscious(42% chance) for 2d4 melees. Upon waking up, the victim continues to suffer the stun penalties for 1d4 minutes.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Typically has the following:
Has the same basic programming as the Monstrex, plus:
Detect Ambush upgraded to 70%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Detect Concealment upgraded to 70%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)

The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Trydra intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Camouflage, Vital Points), Wilderness( Hunting, Identify Sea Life, Herding, Undersea Navigation, Undersea Survival )
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 6
Initiative +1 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +3(+4 in flight/underwater)
Strike +2 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +3
Parry +7
Pull Punch +4
Bite 2d4 MD
Power Bite 3d6 MD
Head Butt 1d8 MD
Claw 4d6 MD
Wing Buffet 1d4 MD plus 60% chance of knocking human-sized targets off their feet(and likely flying 2d4 ft). Lose 1 APM and initiative getting back up.
Wing Slice 1d6 MD glancing blow, 3d6 MD +1 for every 20 MPH of speed from a full strength slicing attack(+30 MD at maximum speed)
Body Block/Tackle 1d8 MD
Tail Slash 4d6 MD
Tail Stab 6d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Trydra an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. Trydras tend to be very calm, observant, patient, and well-tempered, if always cautiously eyeing their environments for possible threats. They bond well with their riders and are good companion Warmounts, as befits a Warmount that may spend months, even years, in solitary exploration, but can fly into truly draconian tempers if their riders are threatened. Trydras work well with other Warmounts and e-animals(especially pack/flock creatures like Shemarrian Wolves and Raptors). Trydra are also very intelligent for ‘animals’, with an intelligence akin to a bright chimpanzee’s, and they have very good memories for where they’ve been and what they’ve encountered, especially if those are associated with danger and conflict.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points(Trydras have an effective IQ rating of 13), but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience, and NEW BUILT EShemar constructs are immune to this)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).

Options:
*Chemical Resistant Armor----Chemically inert armor that sheds the effects of corrosive chemicals and stick’ums. Acids and chemical weapons do NO damage. Great if you anticipate visiting places with caustic atmospheres.

*Slicer Fins---Some Trydra riders like to add additional sharp-edged fins and spikes to their Warmounts. These generally add an additional +1d6 MD to kicks, wing swipes, and headbutts, and are also useful for shouldering through entanglements.
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:EcoS-K-78 Trydra Heavy Warmount

“Thought I’d do a walkabout, for maybe five or six different universes...Just me and Trex here. ”

Nice. Thousand Dragons got an update!
taalismn
Priest

I hope to get a picture up for it soon, too. That was sort of a 'roadblock' WIP that I found myself unexpectedly stuck spinning my mental gears on, and that I wanted to clear before I could seriously move on to anything else. Well, now we're one more Warmount closer to making a full 100.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

"Now I appreciate the help with the vertical farms, middle school and hospital, but that is no reason for you to mark us for some pseudo-press gag."

"Is that why you have silicon markings on your abdomen that translate to "Sphinx Bait"? spoke the feline architect, a hint of flattery in her voice.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:"Now I appreciate the help with the vertical farms, middle school and hospital, but that is no reason for you to mark us for some pseudo-press gag."

"Is that why you have silicon markings on your abdomen that translate to "Sphinx Bait"? spoke the feline architect, a hint of flattery in her voice.

Oh, cyborg engineers and their pranks..... :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Time for the Blood Riders to get their War Chiefs and Goddess upgraded...

Blood Rider Inferno Well Upgrade
After the release of the Hawkmoon's Thunderwing and Skullcrusher Bonebane, the Blood Riders would not be outdone and began their own upgrades for their own War Chiefs and Goddesses. The Inferno Well incorporates a far more advanced version of the plasma field system that was the hallmark of the Zealots, although they don't all have the metallic coppery look, due to more advanced cooling systems and materials used in the their construction compared to the zealots. The arms are fitted with plasma weapon that can create both a blade and fire a potent plasma blast. This system seems to be copied from Paladin Steel, but unconfirmed. An unusual feature, that the Paladin Steel weapon lacks is the Shemarrian version can also create a plasma whip, increasing it's versatility even farther.
The back is fitted with plasma thrusters that allow powered jumps and limited flight, but used mostly in charging leaps to zip around the battle field. Several concealed vents on the arms, legs and torso allow the Inferno Well to vent plasma in a large radius around them, with the plasma field up, the Inferno Well is quite immune to this attack.
The War Goddess is fitted with special magnetic field systems that allow the War Goddess to expand the plasma field, or shape plasma, letting her to create a large protective field of plasma around her and others, or even walls of burning plasma, or even to create a snaking line, able to bend around corners. Some War Goddesses have used this to create spectacular visual displays during festivals and rituals.

The following changes are added/made to War Chiefs and War Goddesses:
Weight: +300 lbs
MDC:
All locations increase 10%
P.P. increases from 24 to 28 (+2 dodge, parry and to strike)

Plasma Thrusters - The Inferno Well has plasma thruster mounted in retractable mounts on the back and legs. This allows limited flight, hovering capabilities, jet powered leaps, and jet powered dashes. Flying the Inferno Well can achieve speeds up to 190 mph up to only 200 feet for 2 hours. Alternatively, the thrusters allow for safe descents when jumping from aircraft up to heights of 500 feet without any other assistance. Can hover up to 50 feet for up 1 hour. Jet assisted leaps can achieve heights up to 50 feet and 100 feet without achieving flight. The Inferno Well can also use the thrusters to make jet assisted dashes, reaching incredible speeds, allowing for very quick charges in a single melee, able to cover 200 feet in 5 seconds, or about 2 actions. Such a charge adds +10 damage to melee weapons used as part of the charge. This is not true flight.

Enhanced Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems - An upgraded system used on all Ecotroz Shemarrians. These systems repair 5d6 MD per hour, and can repair 90 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Thermal Shielding - Modifications to the Inferno Well’s skin and cooling systems allow them to take NO damage from the plasma field, and NO damage from heat-based attacks (magic-based fire still does full damage). With the plasma field down, plasma attacks do only 1/4 damage (the plasma stream still has some kinetic kick to impart). 

EM Shielding - This protects the Zealot’s internal systems from interference by the plasma conduction fields. Note, however, that with the plasma field on, radio transmissions from the Zealot suffer a reduction in range by two-thirds, and quality of transmission will be spotty; marred by static. 

Magnetic Field Projector (War Goddess only) - This projector, is actually a set of emitters tied to the plasma field generator, only more powerful and with greater range. This system allows the War Goddess to manipulate the plasma field and other plasma weapons, and in a small degree particle beam weapons to her whim. Only one function of the magnetic field projector can be used at a time, but the War Goddess can switch between functions each action. If switching from plasma wall or sphere to another function, the plasma wall or sphere will remain for that turn before dissipating at the end of the War Goddess's turn.
Plasma Sphere - The War Goddess can extend the plasma field that normally hugs her body out to a 30 foot radius, using it as a protective shield for herself and any one else that can fit inside. Plasma weapons can be fired out of the field, but not into it, other weapons have their ammunition destroyed or it disrupts the field. The field functions just like the plasma field except deals 3d6 MD to anything hitting it, which will destroy most projectile weapons, and anyone attempting to pass through it takes 6d6 MD, plus must make a save vs coma 15 or be dazed, -1 to attacks, -1 to initiative, loses 1 attack. Particle beam weapons deal 10% less damage. The plasma sphere has 200 MDC and regenerates at a rate of 50 MDC every minute. The plasma sphere can be maintained for 5 minutes, then requires a 20 minute cooldown. The War Goddess can not move faster than 10 mph while maintaining the plasma sphere. Enemy plasma weapons fired against the plasma sphere is absorbed and restores MDC at half the damage that would have been dealt. The plasma sphere disables the normal plasma field from functioning while operating.
Plasma Wall/Line - Using plasma vented from the plasma wave system, the War Goddess can create a wall, or line up to 10 feet tall, up to 60 feet long, and no point can be farther than 10 feet from the War Goddess. The plasma wall is the same as the plasma sphere in all aspects, except it doesn't regenerate MDC except when plasma weapons are fired against it, restoring MDC of half the damage that would have been dealt. Once it's depleted, it can not be reformed for 20 minutes. The plasma wall disables the normal plasma field while functioning.
Deflection Field - This option allows the War Goddess to attempt to deflect and redirect particle beam weapons and plasma weapons from other sources. While active, the War Goddess can attempt to parry particle beams at -4. A successful parry deals no damage. A parry that is 10 points greater will redirect the particle beam back at its source for half damage. Plasma weapons can be deflected with a successful parry at -2. While active, the normal plasma field can be used, but not plasma wall or sphere. The deflection field can be maintained indefinitely.
Enhance Plasma Weapons - This option allows the War Goddess to alter the containment fields of her plasma weapons, and those within 50 feet of her. All allied plasma ranged weapons will do 50% more damage out to 500 feet. This can be maintained for 5 minutes before requiring 10 minute cooldown. Alternatively, the War Goddess can enhance her plasma saber or plasma whip so that they do 25% more damage and they critical on natural rolls of 19 and 20, and gain +2 to attack rolls.
Attraction/Repulsion - The magnetic field projector can move metallic objects up to 500 lbs similar to the power Telekinesis (super), only doesn't get the bonuses from this power, uses regular bonuses to strike. When used to hold an object, has an equivalent Robotic Strength 20, or when used to help grapples, the War Goddess is treated as having an effective strength of 52 Robotic. Can also be used to climb ferrous materials, including hanging upside down, allowing the War Goddess to run at full speed up walls and upside down.

Weapons Systems: 
1 ) Plasma Field - This is a body conformal plasma field that incinerates anything that comes too close to the Inferno Well. The Inferno Well sports an improved version, but requires some rare materials, making this version exclusive to the Inferno Well and not available to Zealots.
Range: 1-2 ft, plasma bolt has a range of 800 ft. 
Damage: 5d6 MD per touch or punch, 1d6x10 MD per melee attack of an entangle, grapple, hug, or wrestling grip. Anything flammable will be incinerated on contact, including SDC bullets and weapons. 
Furthermore, with the plasma field up, other plasma attacks do NO damage, as they effectively splash around the projection fields.
The Inferno Well can also throw a bolt of plasma that does 4d6 MD. 
Payload: Can maintain the plasma field for 30 minutes and recharge in 15 minutes, or for 60 minutes, requiring a 90 minute recharge period afterward. The Inferno Well can reboot the field before then, but the extra power draw will cause the EShemar to be -1 on initiative, and -2 to dodge, strike and parry, and reduce maximum running speed by 25%.

2 ) Multi-Mode Plasma Weapon (2, one each arm) - The Inferno Well mounts two plasma multimode weapons. When activated, a blade or whip of plasma energy seems to grow from the muzzle, like a cyberknight’s psi-sword. The device can also fire plasma bolts just like the Paladin Steel PSR-1. The whip has a range of 20 feet, allowing for extended melee reach, plus it can wrap around opponents, allowing the Inferno Well to entangle, trip or disarm, sometimes literally, opponents.
Range: (Heavy Bolt) 1,000 ft( DOUBLE in space)
(Light Bolt) 2,000 ft ( DOUBLE in space)
(Plasma Saber) 3 ft ( DOUBLE in space)
(Plasma Whip) 20 ft( DOUBLE in space)
Damage:(Heavy Bolt) 5d6 MD
(Light Bolt) 2d6 MD
(Plasma Saber) 2d6 MD
(Plasma Lance) 2d4 MD, 2d6+4 per full melee wrapped around opponent.
Whip grants +2 to entangle, disarm or trip attempts.

3 ) Plasma Wave - The concealed vents on the Inferno Well allows it to release a powerful burst of plasma all around her, incinerating all who dare to get to close. The plasma wave requires a fair amount of power and has a slower rate of fire, but an excellent deterrent to any who get too close.
Range: 30 feet radius, double in space.
Damage: 3d6x10+3 MD
Rate of Fire: Once per minute.
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Thanks. The Inferno Well is a thing of beauty as well. 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Thanks. The Inferno Well is a thing of beauty as well. 8)

Thank you. I had some trouble coming up with good ideas for the Inferno Well initially, other than plasma.. but then I thought.. keep it fairly simple, and a bit flexible so they can enjoy the passion of getting into the fiery of combat. So basically a combo zealot and War Cheif/Goddess, with a a nice flexible plasma weapon system (thanks Paladin Steel for the idea from the plasma saber/rifle combo weapons), add in some mods to the plasma field, add some speed, and BOOM! War Chief/Goddess upgrade.

NOW we need Silvermoon, Wayfinder (although that might be harder), Horrorwoods, Sapphire Cobra, Darkwaters, Wolf's Path, Ghost Riders maybe.. and Lost Eclipse would be.. well.. *shrugs*
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:

Thank you. I had some trouble coming up with good ideas for the Inferno Well initially, other than plasma.. but then I thought.. keep it fairly simple, and a bit flexible so they can enjoy the passion of getting into the fiery of combat. So basically a combo zealot and War Cheif/Goddess, with a a nice flexible plasma weapon system (thanks Paladin Steel for the idea from the plasma saber/rifle combo weapons), add in some mods to the plasma field, add some speed, and BOOM! War Chief/Goddess upgrade.

NOW we need Silvermoon, Wayfinder (although that might be harder), Horrorwoods, Sapphire Cobra, Darkwaters, Wolf's Path, Ghost Riders maybe.. and Lost Eclipse would be.. well.. *shrugs*

I have ideas for new Horrorwoods and Lost Eclipse Warchiftains/Goddesses/Elites being worked up...the rest, I have a minor Elite for the Sapphire Cobras nearing completion, and nothing as yet for the rest.
Though I keep getting an image of a Silvermoon warleader clad in a heavy hoop skirt ball gown like Glenda the Good Witch, only with perimeter-mount x-ray LAZERS!!!! Maybe it's something workable....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

I have ideas for new Horrorwoods and Lost Eclipse Warchiftains/Goddesses/Elites being worked up...the rest, I have a minor Elite for the Sapphire Cobras nearing completion, and nothing as yet for the rest.
Though I keep getting an image of a Silvermoon warleader clad in a heavy hoop skirt ball gown like Glenda the Good Witch, only with perimeter-mount x-ray LAZERS!!!! Maybe it's something workable....

Maybe not a hoop skirt... but perhaps skirt like armour plating, short skirt.. with built up back area that can hold some lasers.. or deployable shields with energy absorbing panels... or BOTH!
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[Maybe not a hoop skirt... but perhaps skirt like armour plating, short skirt.. with built up back area that can hold some lasers.. or deployable shields with energy absorbing panels... or BOTH!

"And nuclear-powered waffle-irons!"
(sorry...'Freefall' joke. :D )
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:[Maybe not a hoop skirt... but perhaps skirt like armour plating, short skirt.. with built up back area that can hold some lasers.. or deployable shields with energy absorbing panels... or BOTH!

"And nuclear-powered waffle-irons!"
(sorry...'Freefall' joke. :D )

That'd be the Ghost Riders.. Although I can see them maybe incorporating something that looks steampunk-ish, without actually being steampunk just for people to go "huh????"

NNOOO!!!! THAT would be Wayfinder! Would fit with the Techno-Wizardry stuff.
taalismn
Priest

And that is why the Wayfinders and Ghostriders get along so well when it comes to appreciating each others' jokes. :P :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:And that is why the Wayfinders and Ghostriders get along so well when it comes to appreciating each others' jokes. :P :D

All too true. But there is still stuff I'm sure the Ghost Riders can do that make the Wayfinders pause and scratch their heads and they just nod and smile.

I have no idea what to do for a Wolf's Path Chief/Goddess upgrade.. I mean there's already the Werewolf/Channide with shapeshifting, enhances attack bonuses for Shemarrian Wolves and with it's psionics control or at least influence wolf-like creatures, the three-wolf headed male which is in my opinion the male equivalent of a slightly scaled down war chief. So what can you do to upgrade the Chief and Goddess besides something that enhances co-ordination and one with nature? And stealth systems.

Also.. I had a thought.. Since the Shemarrians communicate via radio waves a lot, perhaps, since they are psionically possessed/blended (progen born) robots, perhaps their radio communication systems have a psionic component to it, which makes it all the harder to jam or decrypt. And the Ghost Riders can still tap in as because.. well the Goddess works in strange ways and made it so, just as how the Ghost Riders 'awakened' in their own way without the Ecotroz entities.
Just something to think about.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:Though I keep getting an image of a Silvermoon warleader clad in a heavy hoop skirt ball gown like Glenda the Good Witch, only with perimeter-mount x-ray LAZERS!!!! Maybe it's something workable....

Maybe not a hoop skirt... but perhaps skirt like armour plating, short skirt.. with built up back area that can hold some lasers.. or deployable shields with energy absorbing panels... or BOTH!

Maybe something like the French "Snecma C 450 Coleoptere". Reduce it too Hoop Skirt, change cockpit to 'Dress top' where pilot would stand . This one shows ports for weapons and such.

Williams Wasp II, the VTOL platform is a little Hoop Skirt like. Page
Both can have external hostlers and sheaths.

There's the 'hiller_flying_platform_vtol_1962' as a base to stand on but something to work with.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

abtex wrote:
kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:Though I keep getting an image of a Silvermoon warleader clad in a heavy hoop skirt ball gown like Glenda the Good Witch, only with perimeter-mount x-ray LAZERS!!!! Maybe it's something workable....

Maybe something like the French "Snecma C 450 Coleoptere". Reduce it too Hoop Skirt, change cockpit to 'Dress top' where pilot would stand . This one shows ports for weapons and such.

Williams Wasp II, the VTOL platform is a little Hoop Skirt like. Page
Both can have external hostlers and sheaths.

There's the 'hiller_flying_platform_vtol_1962' as a base to stand on but something to work with.

OH! What about something like what Scarlet Overkill (I think that's her name) wore in the movie Minions...
taalismn
Priest

Given, historically, that such dresses had structures that looked like the framework of later wooden aircraft, I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't use them as GEV plenum chambers.... :-D :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Updated the first page codex, officially claiming Warmount numbers 80-83 for WIPs
Not sure how to add on the new Warchief/Wargoddess Upgrades...perhaps subcategories/headings of the existing Warchief/Wargoddess categorie?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Updated the first page codex, officially claiming Warmount numbers 80-83 for WIPs
Not sure how to add on the new Warchief/Wargoddess Upgrades...perhaps subcategories/headings of the existing Warchief/Wargoddess categorie?

List them as under the Warchief/goddess spot as Warchief/Goddess upgrades.

The way the upgrades work in my mind is newly born/upgraded warriors to chief status have the old/base frames until they prove worthy or something like that.. get first blood under new title sort of thing, then get the upgrade. So it's not an automatic upgrade, except some tribes (or groups.. sub-tribes.. what do we call a small group (say between 50 and 1000), as the TRIBE encompasses thousands to millions of members under banners of Skullcrusher, Blood Rider, etc) might have the upgraded versions as the standard.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:Updated the first page codex, officially claiming Warmount numbers 80-83 for WIPs

List them as under the Warchief/goddess spot as Warchief/Goddess upgrades.

The way the upgrades work in my mind is newly born/upgraded warriors to chief status have the old/base frames until they prove worthy or something like that.. get first blood under new title sort of thing, then get the upgrade. So it's not an automatic upgrade, except some tribes (or groups.. sub-tribes.. what do we call a small group (say between 50 and 1000), as the TRIBE encompasses thousands to millions of members under banners of Skullcrusher, Blood Rider, etc) might have the upgraded versions as the standard.

Will do..

Found myself working on four new Warmounts simultaneously...I get through these, the Wayfinders are going to have some WEIRD ones, and Clan Motron will have some new toys...
And beyond those, I already see looming..the WRECKADON :demon:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”