Coincidence

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Gallahan
Adventurer

A Glimpse

Unread post by Gallahan »

A great author once wrote that "coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden." I love that quote.

About your coincidence: Oh maaaan... What a time for that unexpected LOUD CREAK!!! I can only imagine the goosebumps.

Related "ghost story" type thing: my friend John (see the Snake Road post in the ghost story thread) lived in a supposedly haunted house. A teenage girl supposedly committed suicide in his bedroom (before his family moved in) by hanging herself in the bedroom closet. John's room was THE room. I never spent a night in that house, but my other friends did.

The closet door creaked open while they slept, awakening them. They closed it, and in the morning, it lay open again.

Maybe after hearing this, I wasn't so eager to camp out with them.
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

True Story:

As I;m sitting here reading the thread about somethign emerging from a door, the door directly behind me bursts open loudly.

It was just my mom coming through, but the timing was enough to make me jump
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Gallahan
Adventurer

HOLY MOTHER OF JEFFFAR!

I mean ---hahahahahahhahaa--- It really was your mother... of Jafffar.

Did you have to change an articles of clothing? I would have. :eek: :lol: :eek: :lol: :eek: :lol: :eek:
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I know - dramatic timing rules.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Gallahan
Adventurer

My cousin and I were camping out on his back deck one night when we were in 4th grade or so. I won't date myself, but back then it was a bit safer than it is today. Plus, there was a dark field with trees behind the house, so we had some privacy. We used to imagine UFOs landing back there and Bigfoot skulking around the corner of tall, wooden fences that bordered the field. Well, we had our "campsite" all set: many blankets, comforters, pillows, some boxes and makeshift tents. I was dozing off, thinking about ghosts or something when RIGHT THERE a white and black cat jumped onto the deck. For a moment it looked like the hand of a monster reaching onto the deck. I screamed and scared everyone, including the cat. We gathered our "gear" and decided to camp out... inside the house.
Gallahan
Adventurer

Dramatic Timing

Yeah, dramatic timing. I was thinking of a BTS game we once had in Fargo, ND, a one-nighter. Started playing in my friend's basement while it was sunny and daylight outside. 3 guys (including me) and 2 girls (blondes). During the game (inside the game world), a sunny day was replaced by a terrible, torrential thunderstorm; this happened outside as we played. Unusual noises were heard in the ceiling in the game; it happened in my friend's house (probably from atmospheric pressure that changed because of the storm and the design of his drop ceiling). Just some of those gee-whiz things that seemed "cool" at the time but lame when posting on this thread. :)

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”