Borgs P.S.x20 or P.S.x50

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

P.S.x20 or P.S.x50

x20
69%
x50
31%

Total votes: 16

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

*20. only supernatural PS has *50
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

By default, most cyborgs have the same weight capacity as a normal human being of equivalent strength, but full conversion and brain transplant cyborgs can purchase robotic strength, allowing them to carry 25 times their PS score in pounds.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:By default, most cyborgs have the same weight capacity as a normal human being of equivalent strength, but full conversion and brain transplant cyborgs can purchase robotic strength, allowing them to carry 25 times their PS score in pounds.

Not that I doubt you but book and page # on this one?
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

GlidderBoy wrote:
Tinker Dragoon wrote:By default, most cyborgs have the same weight capacity as a normal human being of equivalent strength, but full conversion and brain transplant cyborgs can purchase robotic strength, allowing them to carry 25 times their PS score in pounds.

Is this in the main book? Borgs are pretty supernatural as there bodes are well beyond natural forces.

Rifts Game Master Guide has the strength scales for normal, cyborg, robotic, and supernatural strengths.

Unread post by Guest »

GlidderBoy wrote:

Is this in the main book? Borgs are pretty supernatural as there bodes are well beyond natural forces.

A word to the wise folks, keep your responses to this on topic, within the rules, and civil.
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Thinyser wrote:

Not that I doubt you but book and page # on this one?

Triax and the NGR has two VX-series cyborgs with robotic strength as well as several robot types that can be controlled by an implanted human brain.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Looks like Mike beat me to it.

The RGMG and Bionics Sourcebook define a Cyborg's strength as "Augmented" which is in the range of Juicers, Crazies, Exoskeletons (but not true Power Armor), and mutants with greater-than normal strength. High P.S. scores in this range provide the ability to inflict Mega Damage with a Power Punch, but weight capacities are the same as a strong human unless specifically stated otherwise (as with the Juicer and Crazy).

The Robotic strength upgrade for cyborgs can be found on page 103 of the Bionics Sourcebook, and I believe it is also found in Warlords of Russia.

Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

It's in Warlords, all right.

Funny you should mention it, though. In the flavour text in Mercenaries, it describes a borg called 'crunch' that belongs to Larsen's Brigade tearing a mounted weapon quite easily off the arm of a Terrain Hopper. While it's flavour text, according to the rules this would take quite some time, or even be impossible (then again, it was attatched in a fairly ramshackle way, or so it seems).

I'd like to give borgs the big supernatural strength rating, but I tend to like being 'book legal', even when it doesn't entirely make sense.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:
GlidderBoy wrote:

A word to the wise folks, keep your responses to this on topic, within the rules, and civil.

did i miss something? who said anything off topic or uncivil or against the rules?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

finn69 wrote:
Kuseru Satsujin wrote:
GlidderBoy wrote:

did i miss something? who said anything off topic or uncivil or against the rules?

likely he did and the Moderator deleted it.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Comrade Corsarius wrote:It's in Warlords, all right.

Funny you should mention it, though. In the flavour text in Mercenaries, it describes a borg called 'crunch' that belongs to Larsen's Brigade tearing a mounted weapon quite easily off the arm of a Terrain Hopper. While it's flavour text, according to the rules this would take quite some time, or even be impossible (then again, it was attatched in a fairly ramshackle way, or so it seems).

I'd like to give borgs the big supernatural strength rating, but I tend to like being 'book legal', even when it doesn't entirely make sense.

it was a crude SDC weld. it was possible, and wasn't instantanious.

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

It never made sense for Borgs to be weaker than bots.
A full conversion Borg is 90% mechanical replacement... that 10% shouldn't make any difference in strength compared to a robot.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

Killer Cyborg wrote:It never made sense for Borgs to be weaker than bots.
A full conversion Borg is 90% mechanical replacement... that 10% shouldn't make any difference in strength compared to a robot.

too true
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Re: Borgs P.S.x20 or P.S.x50

Unread post by Dead Boy »

GlidderBoy wrote:Do borgs follow the P.S.x20 or P.S.x50 rule? I've been using the x50 rule as it fits there decripion, but now I'm not sure. I'm sure it's in the book but I can't find it.

Though it should be more generous, by the book it's...
Exceptional Human / Cybernetic / Bionic = X20
Robotic (including bots, power armor, & some borgs) = X25
Super Natural = X50
Juicers (with non-supernatural PS) = X80

Why they made Juicers the strongest out there, I have no clue. :-?
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

It's all about size.
Most Borgs just aren't big enough for Robotic Strength.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Dr. Doom III wrote:

It's all about size.

I'd buy that, if skelebots and other small robots didn't have robotic strength.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

actually You're all wrong.
human/Cybernetic/PS Exceptional ps is at x 20
unextraordinary /Biosystems is at PS x 10

Bionic/Augmented PS is at x 40

Robotic and Supernatural PS are at x 50.
in HU2, Bionics all have Extraordinary PS at x 100 ..
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Dr. Doom III wrote:

It's all about size.

Standard full conversion borg is 8 feet tall.

same as a SAMAS.

and a SAMAS is HOLLOW.

Rimmer
Adventurer

Unread post by Rimmer »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Dr. Doom III wrote:

It's all about size.

Standard full conversion borg is 8 feet tall.

same as a SAMAS.

and a SAMAS is HOLLOW.

Yes well a samas may well be hollow, but unfortunatly i think yoiu have forgotten the most important reason why they have robotic strength and borgs don't, which is........................................................................

Somebody want to help me with this..................................................

Anyone ?.........................................................................................

Sod it, I got nothing here......................................................................

I'm going to have to agree with NS here and leave the arguements to brainier people :lol:
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

Look at borge pic in the n-gage rifts game, no way by the rules he could lift that slab. oh he looks like he could, but by the rule he can't . Hmmm...
what would be the robotic PS of a 12 ton fork lift? :frust:
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Gomen_Nagai wrote:actually You're all wrong.
human/Cybernetic/PS Exceptional ps is at x 20
unextraordinary /Biosystems is at PS x 10

Bionic/Augmented PS is at x 40

Robotic and Supernatural PS are at x 50.
in HU2, Bionics all have Extraordinary PS at x 100 ..

Nope. Better go back and read the books. Bionic strength has no listed weight capacity, only power punch damage. PSx40 is only for Crazies and other beings that can "carry and lift two times more than a normal person of equivalent strength and endurance." Robotic and Supernatural P.S. are not the same and have never been listed as such. The RGMG specifically gives Robotic P.S. as x25, while the RMB and RGMG both give Supernatural as x50.

Heroes Unlimited uses vastly different weight capacities than Rifts for every strength type, and also never specifically states what bionic strength is equal to, other than a vague note on page 113: "A cyborg can not lift half a ton over his head just because his arm has exceptional strength...". From the half-ton reference one assumes that cyborgs have greater than human strength, but whether it is Extraordinary or Superhuman, or Supernatural can not be determined.

Blight wrote:what would be the robotic PS of a 12 ton fork lift? :frust:

960 in Rifts, 80 in HU, assuming that by 12 tons you mean the lifting capacity of said forklift.

Return to “Rifts®”