Pumping PPE...take 2

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Can Dragon Juicers use thier PPE?

Yes they can, as outlined in the BOM
43%
No they can't, as they can't cast spells.
8%
It's ambigous at best and up to each GM.
35%
Don't know don't care.
14%

Total votes: 49

Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

barneyjb wrote:
Subjugator wrote:
barneyjb wrote:
Temporalmage wrote:
barneyjb wrote:Actually if you look at the section on TW items in the Main book, you'll notice that to recharge (power) the PPE batteries it takes the casting of a spell. Which was my point from the very begining... This may have been changed someplace down the line, I dont know. But your still arguing from the negative, your saying, "well it doesnt say we CANT therefore it must mean we can..." Flawed Logic...

Barney :P

I don't care which side I'm arguing from. I'm asking a simple question here: Is there anyplace in the books that differintiate between "charging" TW items and "Using" TW items? Cause the BOM links the two. So unless there is somplace I havn't even heard of the two ARE linked, and thus Dragon Juicers can use thier PPE, and use and charge TW items.

Not arguing from any side but my own! :lol:

Like I said the TW batteries in the Mainbook. It doenst take a spell to USE them, it takes a spell to RECHARGE them. And isnt that basically a PPE clip, just a PPE battery or something storing PPE for the item to use???

Barney

In this particular case, I'd rule that you'd have to be able to charge TW items to use them, so unless you're able to charge them, no you cannot use them. You don't need to be able to charge this PARTICULAR one...just items in general.

Again if we are going to make this "In MY game" thing I would have to say I WOULD RULE that a PPE Battery is the same type of thing as a PPE Clip. Therefore if you wanted to recharge a PPE clip you would need to get it done by a TW (or someone who can). ANY TW item that "stores" PPE for use you would need to do this for. One that was made to draw PPE directly from you on activation you could use ONLY if you had latent PPE.

So you say, "Shazam" and your flaming sword comes to life drawing PPE directly from you. BUT if your flaming sword uses a PPE clip or Battery, you say Shazam it comes on until its done. At that point YOU need to find someone to recharge it.

Barney

Possibly. You've got good points - I'd not given much thought to the PPE battery until you'd mentioned it and couldn't read up on it when replying (or now for that matter).

My answer was phrased the way it was because I didn't have any reference material nearby to make a statement about what the rules would say.
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.

Return to “Rifts®”