Kill the cosmo knight

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Kill the cosmo knight

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

In response to another thread try to create a mutant who
can kill a cosmo knight the limit is 5 majors 2 minor super abilitys
your charater is a mega

now how does he/she kill the cosmo knight?
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

5 majors?

how about sticking to the rules to do this.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Easy...don't even need a whole passle of powers...

Make 'em fall then do 'em...

Seriously...

Are you sure you didn't mean 5 MINORS and 2 MAJORS?
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Re: Kill the cosmo knight

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Lord Cherico wrote:In response to another thread

and for those of us not psionic...
WHAT THREAD?
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Prettz
D-Bee
Comment: Mrs. TAF

Unread post by Prettz »

KG Carlson wrote:This new thread is completely unnecessary. We've already established that the Mighty Static Man can kill the Cosmo Knight :fool:

The Mighty Static Man can beat anyone.

Anyone.
A SIMPLE CHOICE OF TURTLE
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Lord Cherico wrote:In response to another thread try to create a mutant who
your charater is a mega

I forget, are Cosmo-knights immune to fire?
I remember that they take less damage from energy, but I don't remember how much less...
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Unread post by Guest »

transferal possession.

possess a civilian, grab a weapon, attack the cosmo knight, just as he is about to back hand her, de possess, and he kills an innocent person.

then beat the fallen knight to death with a tack hammer and SN p.s.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Major Powers:
Invulnerability
Disruptive Touch
Multiple Selves
Shrink
Intangibility

Minor Powers:
Wingless Flight
Bend Light

Mega-Powers:
Doesn't Need to Breathe

Initial Strategy:
1. Lure Cosmo-Knight to your area. Stick an alien kitty up a tree or whatever would get him to go to a location to be ambushed.
2. You and your clone both lie in wait, using Bend Light to render yourselves "blank" and undetectable. One of you appears and attacks or otherwise distracts the cosmo-knight, the other of you shrinks, turns invisible, and flies inside the cosmo-knight turning solid again inside their body (inside the stomache, throat, mouth, etc).

Once that is achieved, there are several possible strategies:
A) Grow back to normal size.
or
B) Use your Disruptive Touch: Touch of Pain or Death Touch until the Cosmo-knight dies.

Now I'm not entirely familiar with Cosmo-knights so these strategies might not work due to some power I didn't count on...
But it seems pretty solid to me.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Unread post by Guest »

alternatively, Create Gravitational Plane+Gravity Manipulation.

Make two planes (can you make more than one, dont see why not, maybe take the power twice if you want) one on a sturdy object, the other on a sturdy object.

begin switching the gravity pull of each one from 50 G's to 1 G and back.

after a while he will probably beg you to kill him to put an end to the ping ponging insanity.

if you have the Possessed Victim pick up a dangerous enough weapon and begin firing at the cosmo knight from behind cover, and or threatening the death of others...then leave as you see him firing a beam of doom at you when his power mad Player inevitably overreacts to the situation....he would probably fall.

then, beat him to death....

tack hammer.

see also: Absorb Bio Mass, Super Consumption, and Bio Ghost, in any combination.

Unread post by Guest »

alternatively, an ancient weapons master could challenge the CK to an honorable Duel, if he had an indestructible weapon that did big damage (a la the Immortal's weapon option) just keep doing the Disabling Blow, Slash, Disabling Blow, Slash, Disable Blow til the CK falls apart (assuming you can stun a CK, that is)
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Multiple Selves
Bio Ghost
Invulnerability
Regeneration Ultima
Supernatural Strength

Uhh.. space native...
yeah five majors is just ridiculous, you could kill a CK with just the first three majors fairly easily.
:-(
Poor Cosmo Knight.. what did you ever do to deserve this?
Oh yeah, you were A STOOPID RIFT STYLE MUNCHKIN CHARACTER.. of course.
8-)
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Multiple Selves
Invulnerability

Tractor Beam

Guns

One self holds the knight in place. Everyone else shoots him to death. Or throws grenades at him, whatever. Since, unless I'm wrong, an invulnerable char is immune to the CK's energy blasts. Tractor Beam makes the Knight unable to move. Sitting duck. Plus invulnerability is nice. Or, instead of Invul just take Super Energy Expulsion.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Tyciol wrote:Bend Light's 'blank spot' power is not the same as invisibility. There's sort of a curvy blur in the spot, and if you move you'll become quite easily visible, even more so than the predator's ripple.

Nope. They can only spot you if they roll over 18 on a d20.

Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

My first question is what are the rules? Are we in MDC universe or SDC
universe. If we are in SDC, universe does the guy have a NAR or is
he or she impervious to normal weapons. If the answer is SDC and he
has a NAR then a guy Durndal is the answer. If the answer is he's
not impervious to normal weapons, one full melee blast from a
mini-gun or 20mm auto cannon will do the trick.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Lord Cherico wrote:In response to another thread try to create a mutant who
your charater is a mega

All i'd have to do is get close enough so that he couldn't escape my event horizon as i implode under the weight of all those powers.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Tyciol wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
Tyciol wrote:Bend Light's 'blank spot' power is not the same as invisibility. There's sort of a curvy blur in the spot, and if you move you'll become quite easily visible, even more so than the predator's ripple.

Nope. They can only spot you if they roll over 18 on a d20.

That's only if they don't know you're there. If they're actively looking, or you go invisible before their eyes, they'll frickin hit you.

I replied to this in the "bend light" thread.

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

this is complelty book legal
a 15 level charater with powers that grow with experence
can have 5 majors and two minors
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Yeah, a little bit country, a little bit rock and roll.. Cosmo Knights, I dunno, do they start off more powerfull if they have monkey tails? :lol:
This reminds me of the old Glitterboy vs ?
The CK is the new Glitterboy.. so who wins, CK vs adult great horned dragon.. um.. S.D.C. setting?
Is there any reason why a super being with mutant powers that grow with experience can't be chosen by the Cosmic Forge (tm), thus becoming, effectively, a giga hero?
8-)
Little Sculptures
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

ZEN wrote:Is there any reason why a super being with mutant powers that grow with experience can't be chosen by the Cosmic Forge (tm), thus becoming, effectively, a giga hero?

Yes there is , it's called CK's don't get chosen from those that have power-0it says this in-it say's this in PHase World out right they don't get chosen fro demigons dragons and supernatural creatures. so that would be a no.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Spirit wrote:
ZEN wrote:Is there any reason why a super being with mutant powers that grow with experience can't be chosen by the Cosmic Forge (tm), thus becoming, effectively, a giga hero?

Yes there is , it's called CK's don't get chosen from those that have power-0it says this in-it say's this in PHase World out right they don't get chosen fro demigons dragons and supernatural creatures. so that would be a no.

Thing is, only Megas are supernatural creatures(well, and a few from PU2). So, yes, a mutant could become a Cosmo Knight.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

MrTwist wrote:
Spirit wrote:

Thing is, only Megas are supernatural creatures(well, and a few from PU2). So, yes, a mutant could become a Cosmo Knight.

however under the description of the CK in phase world it also states that any powers the being possessed prior to being made a CK are lost.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Yup.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Spirit wrote:
Lord Cherico wrote:In response to another thread

and for those of us not psionic...
WHAT THREAD?

AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED THIS QUESTION, PLEASE DO-PLLEEAASSE!
Prince Cherico
Hero
Ayn Rand

the blaze vrs cosmo knight thread
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Tyciol wrote:Spirit, I'd consider that spam. Please contribute something more constructive and less annoying. You respond only to your own post, with excessive font, and with no reply at all to the posters you've criticized. Cut it out.

Dear tyciol;

I fail to see how asking a legitimet question can be considered spam, much less repeating said question when it went unanswered.
Futhermore, I was not critizing anyone, I just asked a question, which no one answered! So I asked it again. The "excessive font" was only used in a last ditch attempt to get someones attention. ( which it did-I add)

Thank you Lord Cherico for actually bothering to answer my question.

And for you tyciol, I suggest you might want to spend more time actually responding to the people you criticized with something more constructive and less annoying. And spend less time discriminating against sexy female Platypus's.

P.S.Personally I consider you post spam, and to paraphrase the word's of a poster who's name I can't be bothered to remember "Cut it out."

~Spirit~
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

*sigh* I see this as a thread that can easily become an argument. Especially considering the last few posts. And no, this is not picking on anyone particular.

I am only speaking for myself here. If you consider a post to be insulting, please respond to the person in a more personal way. If it is a disagreement over rules from HU2, by all means make it public. If it's something more personal, like the tone of a post(yes, posts exhibit their own pseudo-body language), keep it private. These kinds of things just waste my time reading them. I really don't care much, but I do care enough to say something.

Please understand I'm not picking on you, but just giving you a friendly pointer. Larger size fonts are usually skimmed over, and not acknowledged. It's not the poster or the topic; larger sizes are the equivalent of yelling. Same with bold. That might be the reason no one paid attention at first.

Like I said, I'm not speaking for anyone else. Just me. So, if you disagree, yell at me.
---Penn Jillette
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

I agree with Mr Twist.. if you have a problem with a post click the "Report" icon or send a polite personal message to the poster.
I'm getting tired of the bickering going on round here lately, it has a few individuals sparking it off each time.. keep it nice people, there is no need for the attitute, we are all basically like minded fans of the game just here to engage in some creative, friendly and often productive banter.

Can't we all just get along?
8-)
Little Sculptures
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

ZEN wrote:Can't we all just get along? 8-)

no :badbad: :thwak: :badbad:

Mr.Twist, looking at some of your posts , you have absolutally no room to talk! :badbad:

but thanks for the advice.(about the font size)
:( :angel:
:rose: :hug:
Last edited by Sir_Spirit on Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

The way to kill a CK (or keep him from unbalancing the game, whichever comes first) is to keep up the magic-wielding opponents. Most mages can't take a direct confrontation, but it is far easier for the mages (I'd say at least three) to be devious, sneaky, subtle, and underhanded, and find enough magical options to take care of the pesky C-Knight.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Tyciol wrote:Only the powers that are listed as doing MD do it. Disruptive touch, akin to Bio-Manipulation in Rifts (which still does SDC), isn't one of the all-destructive killing powers that would become MD by my judgement, and it wasn't listed in any books as doing MD (I haven't checked Skraypers, maybe you'll get lucky there).

CB1, p. 47 under Disruptive Touch

"Pain inflicts 3d6 to physical SDC or 2d6 to physical MDC (creatures like dragons and demons)."

kamikazzijoe
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by kamikazzijoe »

Magic weapon with supernatural strenght, add in invis superrior and the sneak attack knocks down and stuns leaving a whole melee to beat on him.

Unread post by Guest »

Pu2 Godling Immortal, Growth, Super Consumption, Control Others.

Tell the Cosmo Knight to Close his eyes and go to sleep, and remain that way til he is told otherwise.

Grow to full size, pick him up, and eat him.

Mouth, Chew, Swallow, Yum.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Not a bad plan, but I doubt it'll be easy to control a Cosmo-Knight.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha

Unread post by Guest »

they don't have a huge M.E.

if it would be, replace it with sleep dust, or disruptive touch: paralysis.

Nummy Cosmo Knight! Crunch want more!
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

I think it's safe to assume that there are any number of ways to kill a cosmo-knight using superpowers...assuming the CK doesn't burn you with his or her cosmic blasts. :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”