Some Skill Questions

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

There's some justification in the mention of government agents and military personel being described in a later book.

But yeah, it's cut & paste. At least they didn't have Robots and Power Armor in there.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I actually had a player who took horsemanship for every character they ever did: Just liked horses a lot, and always wanted riding to be a hobby (especially since the player couldn't always afford to go riding).
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

I personally use Cowboy for mounted police (don't ask unless you *really* want to know) as for H2H Commando, optional for SWAT in my game.

Cowboy can also be taken as an elective by most professions.

As for non-house rules for Commando, the following occupations have one or more physical (occupational) skills of choice:

Athletics: ANY
Bounty Hunter

It's not exactly impossible to get H2H Commando, it just isn't assigned to any current occupations. What boggles my mind is how many occupations get skills without having the listed prerequisites for those skills assigned as well. I've decided I'm treating prerequisites to occupational skills as bonus skills.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I've alternated between giving the necissary pre-requisites automatically and saying their specialized OCC training makes up for the lack of pre-requisites and giving them a +10 or so if they take the pre-requisite later.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”