Intuitive combat

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dr. Doom III
Knight

Re: Intuitive combat

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Illithid13 wrote:since intuitive combat doesn't allow the use of any other powers, Would this cancel the use of a psychic's Psi-Sword or Psychic body field and the like?

Since those powers don't require any concentration to continue working I would say no.
It does mean however that he would have to activate them before using intuitive combat.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Re: Intuitive combat

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Dr. Doom III wrote:
Illithid13 wrote:since intuitive combat doesn't allow the use of any other powers, Would this cancel the use of a psychic's Psi-Sword or Psychic body field and the like?

Since those powers don't require any concentration to continue working I would say no.
It does mean however that he would have to activate them before using intuitive combat.

Doom is correct.
It doesn't cancel anything currently in-use, but does prevent one from activating anything else until the psychic turns it off or its duration elapses.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Vrykolas2k
Champion

K20A2_S wrote:What is intuitive combat?

I psionic power for Psyscape book.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I never really gave itt much thought: My players aren't all that wild about Intuitive Combat. Dooms' views seem to work to me though, so I'd go that way.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Vrykolas2k
Champion

K20A2_S wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:

I psionic power for Psyscape book.
Haven't got a chance to read that book yet(it's my cousins book), I'll try and read it soon.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

No problem.
Just think of it as a kind of boosted Sixth Sense.

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Zerebus wrote:

Psionic power wherein the psychic focuses on a particular weapon and then proceeds to gain massive bonuses in combat with said weapon... but can't concentrate on anything else during the duration.

umm, Zerebus, the bonuses are to combat in general.

Weapons arn't even mentioned.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I could see it either way.
It all depends on how you interpret the "cannot use any powers" part.
If you think it means "activate" then you can still use any powers that you alread had going.
If you think it means "use" then you can't.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Zerebus wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Zerebus wrote:

Psionic power wherein the psychic focuses on a particular weapon and then proceeds to gain massive bonuses in combat with said weapon... but can't concentrate on anything else during the duration.

umm, Zerebus, the bonuses are to combat in general.

Weapons arn't even mentioned.

They were last time I read it. Did I fall through into the Twilight Zone?

apparently.

read it again.

and be afraid :shock:
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Zerebus wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:apparently.

read it again.

and be afraid :shock:

GMG p. 94

"the Intuitive Combat sense makes the character one with his body and weapon"

but it dosn't need a weapon

Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

If anyone in my group used this power I would rule that abilities activated before using it would stay in place until their duration lapsed. however, it's a moot point because the power takes a full melee round to activate and the bonuses aren't worth sitting out the first round of combat.

If you had a few rounds warning and could prepare it might be useful, but that can't be counted on. :|
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.

Return to “Rifts®”