Can Firewalkers create their own fire?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Unread post by Guest »

cheaper to manipulate fire, but they can in fact make fire.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

They don't compare to a Burster, or an HU character with APS Fire, but they can generate their own.
Of course, the BtS characters aren't supposed to be the heavy-hitters that other characters are. Still, the Fire Walkers seemed a little underwhelming to me.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Sentinel wrote:They don't compare to a Burster, or an HU character with APS Fire, but they can generate their own.
Of course, the BtS characters aren't supposed to be the heavy-hitters that other characters are. Still, the Fire Walkers seemed a little underwhelming to me.

My general impressions were that most of the Psionics were just too powerful in the game. At best, I had hoped that maybe a supierior psionic that spent all their time either out in the woods (monk like) would have like 1 super...while the majority of psionics would have only like 3 minor. I don't mind nerfing them though.

Though, this is also the guy who lets his players roll 1d4 (1d6 for humans) PPE per additional level to perchase things like save vs horror factor and stuff.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

DarkBrandon wrote:
Sentinel wrote:They don't compare to a Burster, or an HU character with APS Fire, but they can generate their own.

My general impressions were that most of the Psionics were just too powerful in the game. At best, I had hoped that maybe a supierior psionic that spent all their time either out in the woods (monk like) would have like 1 super...while the majority of psionics would have only like 3 minor. I don't mind nerfing them though.

Though, this is also the guy who lets his players roll 1d4 (1d6 for humans) PPE per additional level to perchase things like save vs horror factor and stuff.

My opinion is that the designers had to balance this game against the other Megaversal games with psionics in particular (HUII, NightBANE), while being true to the spirit of the original game in which characters were far more underpowered compared to others.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”