Can you guys help give feedback

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

Can you guys help give feedback

Unread post by Shadowfyr »

Ok this is gonna seem weird but hey we all are. Ok i currently am playing a Slayer and i have quite an arsenal of spells and with a couple of those spells I'm a bit confused.

First off "Spinning Blades," i just recently learned this spell and what i have a problem with. Ok I have The Ring of Elder,(which allows me to double the range,duration, etc) and the spell says it creates a blade per lvl of the caster. Well im 7th level so that would be 7 blades, but with the ring will it double the amount of blades there are? and if so do they still deal the damage its intended since the ring DOESNT double damage?

Second off "Sub Particle Acceleration," I do understand what the book says about just point cast and shoot. Well my problem is for the saving throw of the spell it says N/A. So 1. Do i have to roll a to strike roll? and 2. Does the intended target actually get the chance to dodge?

The main confusion i have about Sub particle acceleration is the fact i went to use it and the gm allowed the taget to dodge, but the thing is this spell says the same thing for Call Lightning but the target of call lightning cant dodge, but SPA you can? im confused.... So please guys help me. :?
Sir Blayse
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Sir Blayse »

Sorry, I don't have my books over here with me, but I don't believe the opponent gets a chance to dodge.

Spinning blades probably doesn't get the number of swords doubled, only the range and duration.
I ride for the poor, the sick, the ignorant, and the downtrodden. I fight for good and for the justice of those in need... And I will die with knowledge that I have done all I can and have no regrets!-Sir Blayse
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Can you guys help give feedback

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Shadowfyr wrote:Ok this is gonna seem weird but hey we all are. Ok i currently am playing a Slayer and i have quite an arsenal of spells and with a couple of those spells I'm a bit confused.

First off "Spinning Blades," i just recently learned this spell and what i have a problem with. Ok I have The Ring of Elder,(which allows me to double the range,duration, etc) and the spell says it creates a blade per lvl of the caster. Well im 7th level so that would be 7 blades, but with the ring will it double the amount of blades there are? and if so do they still deal the damage its intended since the ring DOESNT double damage?

If the ring only doubles range and duration, then it only doubles range and duration. I don't see why it would double the number of blades or the damage.

Second off "Sub Particle Acceleration," I do understand what the book says about just point cast and shoot. Well my problem is for the saving throw of the spell it says N/A. So 1. Do i have to roll a to strike roll? and 2. Does the intended target actually get the chance to dodge?

You get to roll to strike, and the person gets to roll to dodge.

The main confusion i have about Sub particle acceleration is the fact i went to use it and the gm allowed the taget to dodge, but the thing is this spell says the same thing for Call Lightning but the target of call lightning cant dodge, but SPA you can? im confused.... So please guys help me. :?

Call Lightning says specifically in the text that you cannot dodge it.
Most likely, this is because you can't see the person aiming at you and because the bolt strikes down out of the sky.
Sub-Particle Accelleration has to be aimed by the caster, so the defender can see it coming.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

Psi-hound wrote:The Sub-particle acceleration spell: think of it as a particle beam weapon, like a rifle. If someone shoots a P-beam rifle at a foe, they roll to strike that foe.

Foe can't save against it but they can perhaps dodge, parry or absorb the beam if they have the appropriate abilities (6th sense, or some kind of force field, Psi-shield, or magic-nullification aura such as the Psi-nullifier or Nega-psychic has).

See? Another example of why magic and psyonics are no match for a blaster at your side.

Return to “Rifts®”