Would you like to see this change?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Would you like to see this change?

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Nope.

I'd just like Palladium to keep the difference between Races and RCCs in their minds when they write the books.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

Taythan wrote:If a player in my game came up to me and asked to be a Troll raised by humans and requested to use say ......oh just to grab a human OCC out of no where say a Headhunter and wanted to use the Headhunter OCC's skill set instead of the traditional Troll skills I would allow it eliminating any bonuses of the Troll OCC brought upon by nurture such as being able to speak Gobbelly and such yet able to retain those things of nature such as the ability of nightvision. each aspect of his Trollness would be examined in that way nurture and nature. You can't make a Troll have a human nose but you can teach a troll human etiquette and table manners. I would allow a player to play such a character as a Troll raised by humans being a human acting Troll. This could lead to adventures such as the Troll trying to trace his roots and how the real Trolls react to him. an example as bad as it may seem is Worf in Star Trek the Klingon raised by humans.

The conversion book states that Trolls can be any O.C.C. When played in rifts earth they cannot be Coalition Military, however that is their only restriction. Race related skills are uneffected.
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

LordRashagoth wrote:well thats the grey area what of the RCC bonuses are from the occ or the species?

thats what i would like cleared up, like humans have a baseline and their occ gives bonuses.

Say you have a troll that has been raised by humans, it would be more likely that the troll would take up a human occ rather than a troll one.

I think its always been pretty clear whether a race is allowed seperate OCCs or not. If a race is allowed to take an OCC it always gives OCC restrictions within the race description. Anything outside these lines should be between the GM and the player.

Return to “Rifts®”