Timelines and continuities.

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Timelines and continuities.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Here's an attempt to rationalize the Robotech timeline by Stan Bundy.

He compares the timeline on Robotech.com to another guy's timeline to his own write up based on his watchign of the series.

The Novels and Comics also show up.

http://home.kih.net/~basara/reference/palimpsests.htm

Thoughts?
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Re: Timelines and continuities.

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Jefffar wrote:Here's an attempt to rationalize the Robotech timeline by Stan Bundy.

He compares the timeline on Robotech.com to another guy's timeline to his own write up based on his watchign of the series.

The Novels and Comics also show up.

http://home.kih.net/~basara/reference/palimpsests.htm

Thoughts?

Its a Weak Timeline at best, Dosen't take in to account, the Old Coots from "Ghost town" being in their 60's. unless the REf was in the Service of using people in the 50+ range... They had to have been on earth more then 5 years.
His Point on the Food storage dosen account for any new Technological Advanced in Food storage.

And Lancer was on Earth Over 3 years, he says the Last time he saw Carla was 3 years ago. HE says he had become to well know and he was being Hunted by Invid and Human Colleberators... if this was in the same year the invid landed, it would be unlikely that many peopel would be Invid Sympathizers and willing to turn on another human.

Lancer was known in new yourk, becasue he had prolly been theri in the 3 years he was a Drag Queen, Drag Shows are Big in New yourk. And Lancer would find it Easier to Travel around as a Musican, then he would as a Cyclone/Alpah Freedom-fighter. Scott and Crew too such a long time becasue Lunks Little Jeepwas pulling an Alpha most of the time.

everyone sema to forget that Annie is first encountred in a Coloberator town, she may have grown up there. Everything it Semin-normal there unless a Freedom Fighter comes to stir up trouble
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
sinestus
Adventurer

Unread post by sinestus »

some people have too much free time
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

sinestus wrote:some people have too much free time

thats 1 of 4 or so of these thing Stan did for Robotech.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Basara also rewrote the RPG to streamline it, created 2 whole alternate settings, and has written over 2000 pages of Fanfiction (more actually, but i'm only counting the 14 parts he's got up on his site.)

yep, way too much time.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Basara_549 wrote:How many errors can I count in Wolfe's response?

See, way to much time on his hands.... Someone Critizies your Point of View, and you jump on them like a Rabid Wolf... I still remember when you Cussed me out for disagreeing with you on all the Mecha in Robotech being Boobytraped to explode if you tried to repair the Reflex Engines.
as for the Time Line.
The Early Return is just as supported by the Animation as the Late return. but... your not gonna convince me and no one at Hg is gonna listen to your Claims. I Like alot of Pete Walkers work, he seam to have an Idea about Robotech, and has some comon sense about making the Series work with out the Mckinney Influence.
3 Good links about Time lines:
http://www.robotech.com/infopedia/timeline/
http://www.artemisgames.com/robotech/robotech.html
http://www.artemisgames.com/robotech/Research/LateSentinels.htmlThis is about how to Reconcile the Sentinels so it dosent make everyone in Robotech Traitors to the UEG/Earth.

Let's see.. There is Zero evidence that the Old Coots were in their 60s. They could just as easily be in their 50s, and I know several men around here (some of them military vets) that look that old, in their 40s.

IF the old guys were Global war vets, that got rolled into the RDF one way or another (say, being on Macross Island), that would put them in their late 20s or 30s in 2009-2013. They would therefore be in their 50s (or thereabouts) in in the mid-2030s. If you go by the appearent intent of the series writers to have the SDF-3 leave around 2016 (instead of 2022), they are easily within the age selection range for the REF. And, they could have also been part of the REF-style fleet we see trying to retake Earth (then retreating)in the intro to episode #61, while the ASC is mentioned, so it is possible they actually are from a colony, not the REF proper, and could even have been reservists by that point.

There is Zero Evidence that put them in their 40's either., the fact you know some guys who look that old, means jack. these Guys are in CVR-3 armor and pilot REf style equipment. If anything thay are Guys who returned at the End of the ASC era.

No, it completely debunks attempts to explain such stupid ideas. Those ARE NOT new storage forms we see. And, I point out that certain foods just CAN NOT be stored in such forms as we see even with "Technological Advances in Food Storage" - Wolfe, I DARE you to eat a 15 year old frozen sub sandwich - or a 15-year-old can of coke.

Sure, Give me one of the Ones The Guys In Mospedae were eating, as its around 20+ years old. Your Still Allpying Modren tech to it, "future" tech may look just like stuff today. Just diffrent Chemical/Radioactive Preservation methods.

Yes, and it's blatantly apparant from the dialogue she's not a local - and for her flashback from "Annie's birthday" to work in a setting with more than a 5 year gap between invasion & liberation, her parents would have had to have been high ranking collaborators, based on what we see of her home environment (and her parents' small talk).

Well, by Mospeada Mints paretns Must have been "High Ranking" Colloberators, b/c its the same flash back footage there, and the Inbit have been on earth for 20+ years. Why is it not the Same in Robotech? Why would she not mention this to Scott? Maybe because Scott wanted to Kill the People in Lost City for being in with the Invid.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Zerebus wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:There is Zero Evidence that put them in their 40's either., the fact you know some guys who look that old, means jack.

No, it's a counter point to your attack that the guys were in their 60's and his timeline wasn't covering that. A valid counter point, I might add.

The Term "Attack" is a bit harsh. I pointed out a Flaw, and he Used a non-related personal view point as a Fact. In Anime, Guys drawn that old lookin are usually not below 50... but...

I know guys who are 20 and look 40? what the point?

except I could say it Supports the Late return.

Even more perverse, the LR faction also believes that Lancer and Lunk are in their mid-30s to 40s, despite BOTH being designed in style stereotypes that in Japan are almost exclusively for young adults (early to mid 20s, rarely as old as 30). This aging (which itself contradicts Mospeada OSM) is done SOLELY to FORCE the character's statements concerning the initial Invid Invasion and its immediate events to be potentially reconcilable with Late Return.

Lancer and Lunk both could be in theri 40's.
if he wants to Include OSM materials & Ideas, then apply Them across the Board.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Let's please keep this civil folks.
There seems to be some hostilities between quite a few of you (3 specifically). Please for the sake of everyone, be mindful of your tones to one another.
Otherwise, I, or the other mods will start clamping down here in Robotech, and we dont want to do that.

Thank-You.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

AlexanderDeath wrote:It's the way you presented your allegid statement, and I for one Stand with Stan - you baited him, and that much was clear. Objective counter points are one thing, its a whole nother to personally voice an opinion like that, and might I add, not be very humble about it.

Stans work may not be perfict, and he may have spent time on it, but that NEVER, EVER gives you the right to make the comments you have. I hope the Mods take action with this post, or they are surley going to be short 1 forum member after this point.

Thanks for the Attack Alex.
Being Humble is not in my Nature.
Actually, Free Speach.. and that whole nonsense.
And Basara didnt Come back with Rude returns?

Has anyone read some of the Comments people make about Rt.com and the uRRG? I was being polite, compared to Those.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

AlexanderDeath wrote: Look at Leonard? He had to be in his 50's AND he was Overweight - plus, whos allowed to be picky choosy when you have 16 year olds (yes, that would be Dana) joining the service? or Jack Baker? Or Rick Hunter, who was technically 17 when he joined. Infact, according to the first series, because of the GCW, people where joining MUCH younger and older, draft and otherwise.

Leonard is 57 in 2030:
http://www.robotech.com/images/content/EPS_61_2_4597.jpg
http://macross.anime.ru/robotech/leonard.jpg
Looks a bit better at 57 then the Old coots do at "40". and he is old enough to be a Global War Vet.

So the old coots physical appreance is technically little more then hearsay and conjecture until a script writer or animator ever clarifies their age. That or until someone builds a time machine and goes back to the 80's with a "Idiots Guide to Writing Holeless Plots" and those Anime books you see at Suncoast that say"How to Draw: Old Coots" :D

hmm, Their Physical apperance is Proven, their age is up in the Air.
now that i've seen the light, i figure they are in their late 20's.
http://www.magicbicycle.net/alphavt/panshots/ep18e.jpg
http://www.magicbicycle.net/alphavt/panshots/ep18f.jpg
http://www.magicbicycle.net/alphavt/panshots/ep18h.jpg
http://www.magichttp://www.magicbicycle ... /ep18j.jpg
And the Nice Shiny Garfish they Pilot.
No real plot holes in Robotech until Carl macke's Sentinels.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

AlexanderDeath wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Thanks for the Attack Alex.
Being Humble is not in my Nature.
Actually, Free Speach.. and that whole nonsense.
And Basara didnt Come back with Rude returns?

Has anyone read some of the Comments people make about Rt.com and the uRRG? I was being polite, compared to Those.

Understand this - this is not the Robotech.Com Forums, this is the PALLADIUM Forums, and its definatly not the uRRG, whatever that is.

Understand this - this is a public forum where there are other people here with feelings and standpoints to consider, while being considerate of your own.

Understand this too - that we all signed an AGREEMENT to abide by rules here, and that there are Moderators here to enforce that policy, and that we all gave up your right to free speech to a limited degree when we all SIGNED that contract to use these boards, and that the very USE of "Free Speach and that whole nonsense" which MOST of us here value, isnt some toss away defense when its convient.

And lastly, a lesson often taught but rarely listen to: 2 Wrongs do not make a right. And bait left out for a beast need not be either placed out if your not really hunting, or be taken by the beast if he isnt hungery - in short terms, if you dont like the smoke then get out of the kitchen.

Coincidently - what is or isnt in your nature, isnt a concern to the sensitivities of others so long as we all respect one and other.

Whats kinda Funny... I was not mentioning anything about Palladium... only Stans work. unless Stan is the Offical Palladium-Robotech Representive.
and These Are the Robotech Forums at the Palladium website.(ironically, a Game they no longer have the License too)
and what truly funny Alex, your Guilty of everything your Ranting about.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

You guys want to argue?

Locked.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”