Interesting Idea: Possible Game a result...

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Interesting Idea: Possible Game a result...

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

Is there anywhere noted that has the Zentraedi (with or without the Masters), the Invid, and the REF fighting each other at one time?

I've got a cool little idea for a game that I might run if nothing too imposing comes from this. I'd like to see a 3-way fight out of it, or maybe even 4 way with having Zentraedi & Masters, Invid, REF, and Zentraedi Rebels.

(Damn myself for stepping into the RT forums. This would make Game #3 I'd GM. :D )
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

okay, here's a Possible Idea,

mid 2050's

The Invid after Leavinf Earth forever Find another Sourse of Protoculture in the Universe, a Disiples of Zor(Rogue Masters) Fleet That Threatens a Alien World. gettign a Chance to get some Revenge on people they see as an Old Enemy, they Attack and Nearly Defeat the Fleet, Forcing a Route of the Surviving Fleet, as Well as a nice Picnic off the Proptculture supply on the Wrecked Ships.

Reamenant Forces of the DOZ Find and Reactivtae a off-line Factory Satalite and beging Cloneing a New Force of Zentraedi. With Some Minor Adjustments ot the Mecha & Pilots (up armroning, weapon upgrades and Upgraded Genetic to make better/Smarter Soilders). The DOZ has a New Semi-Expendable Fleet to seak out and destroy the Invid (Maybe 10-20 Zent Ships, plus one Damaged RT Mother Ship with a half Bioroid Compliment)

REF Colony 15, Planet Gloval, Picks up the Folding of Ships on the Long Range Scanners and Send Word for a Fleet Dispatch to that area of Space, The the REF Foldin to Find Several Invid Hive Ships in Orbit, as Well as Invid Living on the Surface, Enslaving the Stone-Age Society Aliens. The Invid attack the New Commers seeing tham as no diffrent than the Masters they Defeated Months back. This Senario Continues Until The DOZ/Zent Fleet comes on the Scene.... Do they Fight the Invid and the Humans? Fight the Invid.. then turn on the Humans? how dose the REF react to a RT Masters Lead Zentraedi Fleet? With no good Minmay records on hand... how do they Stop this new Zentraedi threat and the Invid?
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Re: Interesting Idea: Possible Game a result...

Zerebus wrote:Depending on how you play it out, there are two such places in the RPG books: Return of the Robotech Masters is an obvious one, and I recall the REF Field Guide having a scenario based around a downed Robotech Master mothership with Invid swarming in for the kill, Zentraedi arriving for the rescue, the Masters fleeing the scene post haste, and the REF arriving on the scene and getting caught up in it all and trying to score the capture of the Robotech Masters in question.

Been so long Since I read ROTM I've fogot when it happens in the "history" of Robotech, or How the Masters got there... but i dont think the Masters hsip would remain hidden wiht the invid occupation, nor the REF Return....

if they come back after the Invid Leave, in the setting Palladium made up of an Invid return... then... well... The REF would Wipe them out easy... along with a Returning Invid.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer

Well, if the 'Free for All' adventure is it, then it is located in the Sentinels book. (I find this a bit scary. It's been well over 2 years, probably more like 5 years, since I picked up that book and looked through it last.)

Okay, so I take it that the adventure in question is the only thing? I know nothing like that happened in the series, and I was unsure of any Novel that might be reasonably written to keep the continuity in check. I guess I have my open chance at some fun.

Wolfe, you hit some of the ideas I was thinking about doing, but left out a few key others.

~Idea:
In a far of corner of space, lies a planet designated as Omicron 7. Omicron 7 is a planet much like Earth, with its varied enviroments and its breathable atmosphere. Unfortunately for the planet, it is also able to support the Flower of Life.

Stumbling onto the planet by a unsuccessful Space Fold, the REF forces take notice and survey the planet and surrounding moons. They set themselves up for colonization since there ships are too damaged to do anything else.

A pair of surviving Robotech Master Motherships knew of Omicron 7 and its support of Protoculture. Taking a small fleet of Zentraedi, the Masters make their trek to the distant planet in hopes of survival. Arriving and finding the REF there, they begin to manuever for attack.

The Invid, desperate to find another source because of the high price to obtain Earth, search the universe for another suitable planet. With the Regis still on Earth, she sends out scouts to find a suitable planet. Having found Omicron 7, the Regis decides upon a back up plan. Sending a large force to Omicron 7 to cultivate the Flower. Much to their surprise, the Invid arrive just as the Master and the REF attempt to do battle. Causing massive damage to one of the Masters Motherships, the Invid invade Omicron 7, taking the largest and most fertile land for themselves.

With all the choas surrounding it, Omicron 7 became a beacon of activity for a long forgetten fleet of renegade Zentraedi. Needing protoculture themselves and thirsting for the taste of battle, the rogue Zentraedi armada moves in.

~Fin.

I figured I'd give everyone a peek into what I am thinking. I had ideas about upgrading the Zentraedi that are with the Masters, blending the tech. That would spice everything up enough to keep all the enemies interesting. Think it'd work? Seeing anything that would not work? Any pointers to where something like this is already written?

I planned to keep the SDF-3 and all out of this. No big names from the series or anything like that. I also thought that it would be in about the same time frame as the Mosapeda saga. I didn't want to involve the Regis/Regent, Zor, or SDF-3.
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer

Misfit KotLD wrote:Looks good AZ. Let us know how it goes.

Well, I am merely in the planning stages. I probably won't even come close to starting this until my other games start hitting their strides. But as for letting you know how it goes, that might be easier then thought, because if I do this, it will be an Online PBP game.
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

hey apocalypse let us know when you get this idea off the ground I sure as hell would love to be in that sort of game.
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer

It's currently in production right now. I have started a Yahoo group for it. I know I mentioned it would be online, but I can only spare the time to make it a Play By Post (PBP). Which I am really liking the format to them and the lift of time restrictions placed on Chat based games. (And for an example of my PBP format, read my recap thread of my Rifts game in the Rifts forums. Thread is 'Requiem: Day of Destiny (Campaign)'.) Yes, I know it's a shameless plug.

Current Work:
Map of Omicron 7.
(I have found a .gif on the Internet and I am modifying it using MS Paint, of all things, so that I can get various views of the planet. Some pics of Contienents with cities, major bases, etc. Right now, I only got the entire Omicron 7 map done. Detail Maps are next.)

Planet Specs.
(I am looking into giving all the info that one would get from doing tests. Atmospheric conditions, Composition, Land area, etc. Coming along nicely.)

History.
(The story above is nice. But I'm thinking of making that a bit of history. My plans now is that some civilization will be established. I even thought about Moon colonization and such. Currently working out the story of it all.)

Forces.
(The composition and growth of all the forces. The Invid will be the largest by ease. But I have to look back over my books and get everything straight in my head. Thinking about using the Marduk stuff of Macross II for the Masters upgraded units. Just for ease.)

Players.
(I have a few ideas of what I'd like the players to be. Some of the more wilderness or scientist like types may be a little harder to put in. But I am working at fitting anything in.)

I'll post here when I am looking for players and all. Hopefully I can get this going before Christmas or Thanksgiving. But then again, I'd hate to start it just to have to take a break from it.
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer

Okay, I think I may have a little background history set up here. Biggest thing I need is the specifics checked. Timeline, History, Continuity, etc. Making sure everything fits. So, I present to you, the history of Omicron 7 for your comments (or nitpicking, however you want to view it :lol: ).

---------

When Admiral Hunter took to the stars with the REF fleet, he held a piece of fear that Earth would not be there for them when they got back. With this seed of doubt swirling in his head, he began to come up with a plan, one that would later be known as the New Earth Project. After working out the details as much as he could, Admiral Hunter approached the REF High Command with the proposal. The seed of doubt within Rick’s mind blossomed into a forest of fear within the High Command. They approved the plans and allocated the resources needed to carry out the project. The Robotech Factory was geared up and began producing once more.

Three years passed since Admiral Hunter announced the New Earth Project. After most of the ships were built, Rick began screening the candidates he wanted to lead to project. At the top, his choice for Fleet Commander was Jonathan Burke. Accepting the position, Burke began making his preparations for the mission. After the crews were assigned and ships populated, Burke was given his orders and the New Earth fleet departed on their mission.

Three more years later and sixteen systems later, Burke and the New Earth fleet had found a home. After scans and surveys can back conclusive, Omicron 7 was announced as the new home of the REF. Colonization began quickly. Most civilians turned into a labor force and began building cities and sewing farmlands on the continent named New Terra. Within a year, the capitol city of New Terra is completed as well as the capitol land base named Ft. Hunter, in honor of Admiral Hunter. More cities began to creep up on New Terra along with a few on Arcadia.

Arcadia became a home to the largest farmlands on the planet. It seems that anything put in the soil would grow with no problems or abnormalities. A city was built for the needs of the farmlands. This city would be known as Arcadia City.

Military Scientists became fascinated with the moons of Omicron 7, namely with ones they called Sirus and Juno. These two moons seemed to hold a geo-synchronous orbit with the planet itself. Surveying and testing was done on Sirus and the plans for a Moon Base were put in order.

As Tyrol was attacked by the Invid, the Masters made many attempts to flee the planet. One group of Masters was successful in fleeing. Taking with them a pair of surviving Robotech Master Motherships, the Masters had known of Omicron 7 and its support of Protoculture. Keeping the secret to themselves, the Masters rallied an elite unit of Zentraedi and made their way across the stars. With the thought of Omicron being overrun by the Invid as well, the Master prepared a scout fleet and sent them ahead.

The scout fleet was greeted by the REF Omicron fleet as it folded into the system. The scouts attempted to destroy the REF fleet, but to their surprise, the firepower was much greater then anticipated. The scout fleet retreated with the information they had.

The Masters were not pleased by the news of aliens invading one of their worlds. Judging the combat data brought back with the scout fleet, the Masters determined that they could combat these new aliens with the firepower of the Motherships and pressed on. They arrived in the Omicron system and began menacingly making their way for Omicron. The REF fleet was positioned on the other side of the planet, hoping to protect the civilization they had started. The Masters did not want to cause damage to the planet itself and began to orbit the planet and get into firing position. Just as they did, an unexpected visitor showed up.

The Invid, desperate to find another source of the Flower of Life because of the high price to obtain Earth, searched the universe for another suitable planet. With the Regis still on Earth, she sends out scouts to find a suitable planet. Having found Omicron 7, the Regis decided upon a back up plan, sending a large force to Omicron 7 to cultivate the Flower. Much to their surprise, the Invid arrive just as the Master and the REF attempt to do battle. Causing massive damage to one of the Masters Motherships, the Invid invade Omicron 7, taking the largest and most fertile land or Arcadia for themselves.

War broke out on Omicron 7. The Invid took Arcadia City and forced all the humans to cultivate a new crop, the Invid Flower of Life. The REF attempted to rescue all they could, but the Robotech Masters seemed to always interfere. Of course, the Masters were fighting the Invid on their own terms as well, looking for their lost Mothership and reasoning that the Invid have it. Most of the fighting has been kept to the surface, but once in a while a space battle will break out as well.

With all the chaos surrounding it, Omicron 7 became a beacon of activity for a long forgotten fleet of renegade Zentraedi. Needing protoculture themselves and thirsting for the taste of battle, the rogue Zentraedi armada moved in. They spearheaded an assault on the Masters at first, both taking heavy damages to their ships. In the end, the Masters had lost all their spacecraft as they plummeted to the planet below. After learning of the Zentraedi presence within the REF fleet, they turned their sights on them next. But the Invid got to them first, damaging most of the Zentaedi fleet before they could attack the REF. Most of the Zentraedi ships crashed on the island continents to the west of Arcadia. The land was later called Rhytin, after the Zentraedi Commander Rhytin. Peace looked to be a far reaching goal.

In 2022, Admiral Rick Hunter, with the SDF-3 and the entire REF fleet, departs for Tyrol, the homeworld of the Robotech Masters. During the trip, Admiral Hunter began thinking of expanding the survival of the human race. He begins work on what will be known as the New Earth Project.

In 2023, Admiral Hunter unveils the New Earth Project to the REF High Command. Seeing it as a viable option and solid thinking of future survival, the High Command grants full cooperation for the project. Using the Robotech Factory they brought with them, the ships for the New Earth fleet are created.

In 2025, the New Earth fleet is completed, equaling close to 20% of the entire REF fleet heading for Tyrol. After carefully choosing the crews and taking all the volunteer civilians with them, the New Earth fleet leaves the rest of the REF fleet and begins their mission to find a second homeworld.

In 2028, the New Earth fleet finds the Omicron system. Thoroughly checking each planet, Omicron 7 is found habitable. Extensive tests are done and the New Earth Project is a success. Colonization begins immediately. The fleet sends out single ship to contact the REF fleet at Tyrol to deliver the news.

In 2029, the Omicron fleet, formerly known as the New Earth fleet, begins to settle the entire planet of Omicron 7. On the continent of New Terra, the capitol city and base for the fleet is built. The city is named New Terra. The base is named Ft. Hunter. Lunar surveying begins. Arcadia City begins construction.

In 2033, construction begins on Moon Base Algernon, located on the moon Sirus, one of the moons of Omicron 7.

In 2036, Moon Base Algernon completed. A Robotech Masters scout fleet makes contact with the Omicron fleet. A small battle ensues but is cut short by the retreat of the Masters. Seeing this as a sign of trouble, the Omicron forces prepare for the worst.

In 2038, the Robotech Masters fleet arrives in Omicron system. The Omicron fleet focuses on safeguarding the continents of New Terra and Arcadia along with the moon Sirus. Advanced units breach atmosphere and land on the continent of Arcadia. Minor damage is initially done. A pair of Robotech Master Motherships are detected and on course to position themselves to attack the Omicron fleet. Before any shot are traded, a streak of light pierces through the Masters fleet and land on the continent of Arcadia. One of the Masters Motherships is damaged by the light and crash lands on the continent of south of New Terra. The other Mothership loses its propulsion systems and crashes elsewhere on Omicron 7. No trace has been found yet. The light is revealed to be the Invid.

2040-Invid has fertilized Arcadia and grows the Flower of Life. The Masters settle on Arksis and attempt to find their lost Mothership. The REF bid their time, strengthening defenses and seeking advantages, especially on Moon Base Algernon. The arrival of a renegade Zentraedi fleet emerges and attacks the forces of the Robotech Masters and the REF. Most space vessels are destroyed or disabled and sent to the planet below. Only the REF maintains a space fleet. The Renegade Zentraedi settle on the continent of Rhytin.

2041-Omicron Rivals takes place.

---------

Please, take the time to pick apart this entire idea. Trying to do my best not to be off series as possible, but I know it will happen.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

How I'd Deal with The Senario:

In 2022, Admiral Rick Hunter, with the SDF-3 and the entire REF fleet, departs for Tyrol, the homeworld of the Robotech Masters. During the trip, Admiral Hunter began thinking of expanding the survival of the human race. He begins work on what will be known as the New Earth Project.

In 2023, Admiral Hunter unveils the New Earth Project to the REF High Command. Seeing it as a viable option and solid thinking of future survival, the High Command grants full cooperation for the project. Using the Robotech Factory they brought with them, the ships for the New Earth fleet are created.

"REF high command" would Actually be the United Earth Goventment.
(MY IDEA)
These Colonies are Ideas that Would have ben implimented long before 2023. Many People fearinf another Destruction of earth would jump at the Chance to join a Military Funded Colony. the Colonys would be the Support Structure of the REF Fleet. Using Refurbished Landing Ships, the Basic Colony Building were Built and Loaded in to the Landing Ships. the Landing Ships and a Small Escort Fleet Fold to a PreDetermined "M-class" Planet and begin Setting up a Colony. The Colonys Mine, Farm, and Build suppot Items for the REF to use in its war on the Masters. with a Pre Surveyed Spot, and Pre-Fabed shelters, the colony can become Full Operational within weeks of Deplyment.(2014-2025)

The Invid, desperate to find another source of the Flower of Life because of the high price to obtain Earth, searched the universe for another suitable planet.

the Regsis is too arrgnet to Feel she could ever be Defeated by the Pathetic Humans she has Conqured and Enslaved.

From Episode 85, Symphony of Light:
The Regis wrote:we thought that, at last, we had found the home for which we searched. We called together all our people scattered through galaxies to begin life anew on this planet. We rebuilt a world that had nearly been destroyed by evil, and we constructed the Genesis Pit in order to pursue the path of enlightened evolution…but it was not enough

Until 2044, When the REf Fleet comes back in Full Force, the Invid never Thought they would Lose, They had Recovred the Lost Matrix, Ensuring the Eventual Fall of the Robotech Masters Empire (Either by Defeat by the DOZ, or just Eventual Infestation of the Powercells on there Ships by the FOL)

I'd Place This Senario in the 2050's The Invid are Looking for a new home and the REF is Searching the Galaxy for part of tis Missing Fleet.

Interesting Note on the FOL: It can ACtually Grow on any planet on that has "Earth-like" Plant Life, The FOL is a Spore that Mutates the native Flora.
FOL Spores... Parascitic Invid...
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer

Re: How I'd Deal with The Senario:

Colonel Wolfe wrote:"REF high command" would Actually be the United Earth Goventment.

If this is happening after the REF and SDF-3 left Earth, how is Earth still involved. I thought the REF High Command was on board the SDF-3. (Consisting of Rick Hunter, Breetai, Exedore, Lisa Hayes-Hunter, and others.) But maybe I'm wrong. I know the RDF is based on Earth. (What's left of it.)

(MY IDEA)
These Colonies are Ideas that Would have ben implimented long before 2023. Many People fearinf another Destruction of earth would jump at the Chance to join a Military Funded Colony. the Colonys would be the Support Structure of the REF Fleet. Using Refurbished Landing Ships, the Basic Colony Building were Built and Loaded in to the Landing Ships. the Landing Ships and a Small Escort Fleet Fold to a PreDetermined "M-class" Planet and begin Setting up a Colony. The Colonys Mine, Farm, and Build suppot Items for the REF to use in its war on the Masters. with a Pre Surveyed Spot, and Pre-Fabed shelters, the colony can become Full Operational within weeks of Deplyment.(2014-2025)

That is sorta of the thought I was getting at. I wanted to keep the timeframe up so that the technology from the Robotech II: The Sentinels RPG book would be the standard.

the Regsis is too arrgnet to Feel she could ever be Defeated by the Pathetic Humans she has Conqured and Enslaved.

From Episode 85, Symphony of Light:
The Regis wrote:we thought that, at last, we had found the home for which we searched. We called together all our people scattered through galaxies to begin life anew on this planet. We rebuilt a world that had nearly been destroyed by evil, and we constructed the Genesis Pit in order to pursue the path of enlightened evolution…but it was not enough

I understand this. This is not the Regis herself or an attempt to abandon Earth for less hostile area. This is more a seperate unit contributing to the whole of the Invid. Kinda like Mars Base producing for the REF, Omicron will produce for the Invid. Surely they can't all be on one planet. (And with the Regent split, they are not.)

Until 2044, When the REf Fleet comes back in Full Force, the Invid never Thought they would Lose, They had Recovred the Lost Matrix, Ensuring the Eventual Fall of the Robotech Masters Empire (Either by Defeat by the DOZ, or just Eventual Infestation of the Powercells on there Ships by the FOL)

I'd Place This Senario in the 2050's The Invid are Looking for a new home and the REF is Searching the Galaxy for part of tis Missing Fleet.

Interesting Note on the FOL: It can ACtually Grow on any planet on that has "Earth-like" Plant Life, The FOL is a Spore that Mutates the native Flora.
FOL Spores... Parascitic Invid...

Since I don't really have much into past the 2040's (using the Sentinels book), I can't really say what happens past them. I guess if I had the information, I could work it better. I do feel that I slammed everything on Omicron quickly. Realisticly, the number of cities built don't really support the timeframe. But it is a game.

Hmm.....maybe this is where someone with more Robotech data than myself could be useful? Anyone want to help as an Informative Agent? I hate trying to sort through all that is and isn't Robotech/Macross. I know of all the different 'universes' that use the Macross name and things get confusing. (I am strictly looking for Series Rototech/Macross info that holds true to it.)

And side note, I will NOT be using the Macross II Marduk units as upgraded Robotech Master units. The balance isn't there. I'll just upgrade the existing units from the RPG books.

Thank Wolfe, I need some help in History/Timeline of the Series.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Until the Masters Take out the Hyperspace Communication net work, The REf was mostlikely in Regular Contact with the UEG.

the Technology From Sentinels is Actually older then the Technology Present in the SC era, (cept for the Beta/Cyclone/Shadows) The Basuc Alpha Unit has been in Service for some time in both the REF and ASC.

Luclky Any involvment of the Regent in Robotech will be re-written, if he still exisits at all. the Regsis is very Explicit in SoL in her Comment "We called together all our people scattered through galaxies".

Infor Past 2045 is Clearly Your Territory, The REf returns to Earth, the Invid escape... All this will be explored in the new "Shadow Force"
But its open Territory for you. The Most Common Mecha of the REF at this point (post-2045) would be ShadowFighters, and Perhaps even a Hybird Shadow Ajax for Space Battles.

The uRRG is a good Sourse for non-RPG information.

Hmm.....maybe this is where someone with more Robotech data than myself could be useful? Anyone want to help as an Informative Agent? I hate trying to sort through all that is and isn't Robotech/Macross. I know of all the different 'universes' that use the Macross name and things get confusing. (I am strictly looking for Series Rototech/Macross info that holds true to it.)

I'd be happy to help you in anyways, just drop me a line Via e-mail. and here HG's time line : http://www.robotech.com/infopedia/timeline/

oh, Use the Zaria Mecha from Strike force, with some Minor Adjustments, they would make definate Threats to the toughest REF/invis Mecha.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”