Robot Armor Rating

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Robot AR is like Natural AR and a huge improvement over the AR of say a hardsuit of armor. Otherwise the guy in power armor would die in the first minute of a shootout.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Snowtiger
Adventurer

Unread post by Snowtiger »

Yeah that's how it is, the guy in the armor gets hit only after the armor has a nice hole in it(big enough to see through, SDC down to about 75% of the max), not before.
"Gonna be sore in the mornin'."
- Hellboy, right after the boss fight scene, after getting up again.

"Never tempt the predator into a bloodlust."
- Snowtiger
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Robot AR in more like the Nat AR of the APS:Metal.
Wayne_Breaux
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Wayne_Breaux »

Whiz Kid wrote:It's also what makes the Crystal Armor the Atorians have in AU so interesting. A suit of body armor that is light, doesn't restrict movement, and absorbs damage just like a robot's AR? It's the sort of thing a Hardware character feels giddy just thinking about.

Wait until you see the military armor the Atorians have hiding behind the walls of the Imperial borders. ;) I just finished half of the general tech file and only have armor, weapons, vehicles and cians (robots/'borgs) left to edit. After that and the book is finally done. Two more weeks and it should be away to the editors (been having trouble with Wordperfect and XP, so running behind schedule . . . again).

But back to the topic at hand. Robot, vehicle and natural armor ratings are all one in the same as far as the rules go. The second edition may have made that distinction a bit indistinct in places, but such is how it was intended. Robots Unlimited should provide optional rules for robot 'hit points' and other internal damage as well as a bunch of random and optional damage tables for 'bots, 'borgs, and vehicles, but as it stands in HU2, all robot S.D.C. must be depleted before the pilot is in danger of being wounded himself.
"Immatu Imperium da nai Palladium!"

New artwork can be found at http://wbreaux.deviantart.com
Wayne_Breaux
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Wayne_Breaux »

Aegis wrote:
Robots Unlimited should provide optional rules for robot 'hit points' and other internal damage as well as a bunch of random and optional damage tables for 'bots, 'borgs, and vehicles, but as it stands in HU2, all robot S.D.C. must be depleted before the pilot is in danger of being wounded himself.

Of course I am so out of the know that I didnt even know there was to be an upcoming Robots Unlimited, that sounds very nice.

Aegis

I rearranged my writing schedule and Robots Unlimited should be my next project now that the first Atorian book is on the wrap up.
"Immatu Imperium da nai Palladium!"

New artwork can be found at http://wbreaux.deviantart.com
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

The Atorian book is done!!! Woohoo. I've been waiting with baited breath since you put up the sneak peak. Way to go Wayne! I am hoping that the long awaited RU will at least be adaptable to Rifts? I look forward to it either way.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”